Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Who is a great Preseason Unexpected Jungler?

Creator: Hatted December 11, 2014 9:02am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2014 8:10am | Report
Hasn't there just been a video in the launcher?
He is gonna kill you!!!
Kadius
<Member>
Kadius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2014 6:20am | Report
tbh Yorick works nicely in the jungle meta.
Has ghouls to tank
In built sustain
lots of damage
Give him a try :) But yeah, still think Rammus will always fit into the jungle meta. He was made for it.
Like my post? Be sure to toss me a +Rep!

Credits to Amanda for making this... yeah, you're not having happy dreams tonight.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2014 11:20am | Report
ADC's are more viable in the jungle this season than in any other season, I think. Their range is basically a form of sustain in the jungle, so they have much healthier clears than other champions right now. You have to know exactly how to abuse their range though, otherwise you'll just take damage like any other jungler does and die.

A great example of this was the TF jungle played in IEM, actually. I doubt we'll see that pulled out any more, but it shows that these kind of champions can be perfectly viable now.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 6:54am | Report
ADC's are more viable in the jungle this season than in any other season, I think. Their range is basically a form of sustain in the jungle, so they have much healthier clears than other champions right now. You have to know exactly how to abuse their range though, otherwise you'll just take damage like any other jungler does and die.

A great example of this was the TF jungle played in IEM, actually. I doubt we'll see that pulled out any more, but it shows that these kind of champions can be perfectly viable now.

Vayne jungle seems like it'd work for farming and slightly for ganks. I remember hearing Twitch jungle is a thing but I've only seen one.
Eyy
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2014 8:33am | Report
Twitch jungle = OP mode Evelynn, appear behind your enemy out of nowhere and slow him down.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 7:37am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Twitch jungle = OP mode Evelynn, appear behind your enemy out of nowhere and slow him down.

Now we just need a Kha'zix, Rengar, and Shen.

It's been done before? Oh well.
Eyy
bitpik
<Member>
bitpik's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 12:11pm | Report
I've played around 30 jungle shen games in the preseason(dia 1 - master) and i think its tier 2-3 worthy. Today i played vs brokenshard as shen, and he said on stream to one of h2k's members that he had played vs me on shen jungle twice in a row and that he thought it looked broken. Which boosted my ego by a huge amount.

This is probably the best build:

Basically Ranger's Trailblazer - Devourer + Boots > Sunfire Aegis/ Randuin's Omen(i find randuin to be overall better actually). Other items that work(but not as well) are Wit's End and Zephyr.

I can see Stalker's Blade working aswell but it would make clearing jungle much harder, especially on the first full clears. Locket of the Iron Solari is ofcourse amazing if you're team doesn't have one(you have an ap support like Vel'Koz).

My prefered jungle path(the one you should go unless you have to change it) would be to take all the small camps, recall and then do a full clear. On the second clear you can gank after red, and you can take red/blue in any order. The reason to why i take this path is first of all to reach level 6 as soon as possible which is great vs some junglers(having shen ult is amazing versus for example Warwick and Vi). Secondly its to get devourer quicker(this path gives the most reliant gold).

Runes:
Masteries: 9/21/0
I was born nude but now i am dude
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 2:05pm | Report
With the next patch, all jungle monsters will spawn at 2:00 and they will have more HP while the jungle item deals more damage. Means, there will be no more leash and junglers without sustain are nearly doomed. Should make Shen even stronger.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Darealone
<Member>
Darealone's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2014 5:42pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
With the next patch, all jungle monsters will spawn at 2:00 and they will have more HP while the jungle item deals more damage. Means, there will be no more leash and junglers without sustain are nearly doomed.

This screams Zac.
No bias.
I main...the entire top lane.
I miss: Tank Rengar top, AD Nidalee, Mash Keyboard Ryze...the OPs
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2014 7:17am | Report
bitpik wrote:
I've played around 30 jungle shen games in the preseason(dia 1 - master) and i think its tier 2-3 worthy. Today i played vs brokenshard as shen, and he said on stream to one of h2k's members that he had played vs me on shen jungle twice in a row and that he thought it looked broken. Which boosted my ego by a huge amount.

This is probably the best build:

Basically Ranger's Trailblazer - Devourer + Boots > Sunfire Aegis/ Randuin's Omen(i find randuin to be overall better actually). Other items that work(but not as well) are Wit's End and Zephyr.

I can see Stalker's Blade working aswell but it would make clearing jungle much harder, especially on the first full clears. Locket of the Iron Solari is ofcourse amazing if you're team doesn't have one(you have an ap support like Vel'Koz).

My prefered jungle path(the one you should go unless you have to change it) would be to take all the small camps, recall and then do a full clear. On the second clear you can gank after red, and you can take red/blue in any order. The reason to why i take this path is first of all to reach level 6 as soon as possible which is great vs some junglers(having shen ult is amazing versus for example Warwick and Vi). Secondly its to get devourer quicker(this path gives the most reliant gold).

Runes:
Masteries: 9/21/0

Wow. I really appreciate this all, dude. +Rep to you for going above and beyond. I assume you just use Shen's Q on the larger monster and keep healing/damaging it. I don't own Shen but I might consider getting him since you did so well. Hate to put more work on you, but what do ya max? Is it like Rammus where I max my taunt first solely for ganks?

Once again, wonderful information. I'll give it a shot. :)
Eyy

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide