Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is trundle hardly played

Creator: cooper56 August 19, 2012 1:45pm
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 8:57pm | Report
He is a tier 1 jungler with all the others like maokai skarner lee sin blah blah, because he has amazing sustain and deals heck a load of damage. Also, late game he becomes extremely tanky due to items and being able to steal resists.

He isn't played because he's hard to learn. Simple as that.
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 9:08pm | Report
No gap closers, almost as kiteable as udyr. And no AoE damage/anti-carry power for teamfights.
He's just not as good of a DPS jungler pick as someone like Nocturne.

One thing, that I believe crippled him is the patch where they made Baron immune to armor shredding.
Before he was much better because of the Baron/Dragon armor shred. You could do those reeeeally fast with a Trundle on your team. Since baron/drag are not affected by armor debuffs anymore, he lost that strength.

At least that's what my friend says ( and he used to play a LOT of trundle before)
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
Phil15
<Member>
Phil15's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 9:09pm | Report
Who said he was tier 1? reading this jungle tier list hes in tier 3and I would understand him being there as he lacks some reliable cc and lack aoe dmg to have good clear times]
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2012 9:45pm | Report
cuz he's a TROLL.
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 3:54am | Report
albableat wrote:

One thing, that I believe crippled him is the patch where they made Baron immune to armor shredding.
Before he was much better because of the Baron/Dragon armor shred. You could do those reeeeally fast with a Trundle on your team. Since baron/drag are not affected by armor debuffs anymore, he lost that strength.

At least that's what my friend says ( and he used to play a LOT of trundle before)

That's a good point.

Phil15 wrote:

Who said he was tier 1? reading this jungle tier list hes in tier 3and I would understand him being there as he lacks some reliable cc and lack aoe dmg to have good clear times]

Trolling in a troll thread, so original.

Anyway I still play a good amount fo trundle, I really dislike what happened with the ulti on Baron/dragon. Agony is still a good tool for an early dragon since you still get plus armor and mres, but yeah it was better.
I'm going out to say he's prolly a top 5 jungler rite now.
Pillar of Filth is one of the best teamfight CCs of the game, but it takes lot of experience.
Facts are:
1. in competitive jungler is based on team strategy, him not having a main role ends up not being picked
2. in solo a lot of picks he shines against are either banned or not picked.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 6:53am | Report
Except for Yorick, who does he have a good time against?

Apart from everyone without a gapcloser since they can't surpass his pillar.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 7:19am | Report
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 7:51am | Report
._. are you basing your point on someone else's tier list
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 8:55am | Report
No damage? Trinity+Cleaver Trundle hits hard. And by hard I mean he hurts like a truck.
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 9:45pm | Report
well no one wants to listen to others talk apparently and others are saying trundle sucks using their tier lists. I'd rather not waste time writing a paragraph on somehting i don't rlly care bout.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide