Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why is trundle hardly played

Creator: cooper56 August 19, 2012 1:45pm
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 9:00am | Report
Mikuroo wrote:

well no one wants to listen to others talk apparently and others are saying trundle sucks using their tier lists. I'd rather not waste time writing a paragraph on somehting i don't rlly care bout.

You said he is tier 1. So other people bring in tier lists to oppose your argument.

Which btw, sorry to be blunt, is 100% wrong. Trundle is not T1 he is mid to low T2 at best. Additionally he is in no way shape or form "hard to learn", nor is he hard to play.

His kit plays itself essentially you just need to land his pillar...That's about it. When you're wrong or just plain ignorant to the possibility of a champion not being what you say it is, no one wants to listen to you.

The reason Trundle is not a top tier champion is simple. HIS MECHANICS. Top tier junglers have things that trundle doesn't. Primarily gap closers, hard CC, and or fast clear times.

Trundle has pillar as his main CC, you can flash or even walk around Trundle's pillar. If they made it "Wall of Filth" you best believe Trundle would move into low tier 1 jungles. His sustain is "ok", his clear times are so-so. Pair him against Lee Sin/Nautilus/Alistar/Hecarim/Skarner/Nunu his capabilities are limited. All the previously mentioned champions can do what Trundle can do (in a sense) but do it much better than he can.

I'm not saying Trundle is weak, but there are champions with much higher potentials available. Basically the scenario is "Why pay $50,000 for that lower rated sports-car when a Ferrari (which somehow is on one hell of a sale) is offered at the same value?"
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 9:25am | Report
Cuz it is fun to troll.
He is gonna kill you!!!
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 9:45am | Report

You said he is tier 1. So other people bring in tier lists to oppose your argument.

Which btw, sorry to be blunt, is 100% wrong. Trundle is not T1 he is mid to low T2 at best. Additionally he is in no way shape or form "hard to learn", nor is he hard to play.

His kit plays itself essentially you just need to land his pillar...That's about it. When you're wrong or just plain ignorant to the possibility of a champion not being what you say it is, no one wants to listen to you.

The reason Trundle is not a top tier champion is simple. HIS MECHANICS. Top tier junglers have things that trundle doesn't. Primarily gap closers, hard CC, and or fast clear times.

Trundle has pillar as his main CC, you can flash or even walk around Trundle's pillar. If they made it "Wall of Filth" you best believe Trundle would move into low tier 1 jungles. His sustain is "ok", his clear times are so-so. Pair him against Lee Sin/Nautilus/Alistar/Hecarim/Skarner/Nunu his capabilities are limited. All the previously mentioned champions can do what Trundle can do (in a sense) but do it much better than he can.

I'm not saying Trundle is weak, but there are champions with much higher potentials available. Basically the scenario is "Why pay $50,000 for that lower rated sports-car when a Ferrari (which somehow is on one hell of a sale) is offered at the same value?"

Yo Jeffy I'm really happy for you and I'ma let you finish but trundlehas one of the best ultimates in LoL in terms of versatility, he hits like a truck (he rapes nautilus btw) and actually pilla of filt is crazy *** ****, yeah you can flash away from it? actually you have to, the range is pretty damn high wich makes forcing flashes really easy, and he has a fairly high skillcap, because a good pillar will actually make the difference in a teamfight. You also mentioned skarner, well pillar is THE skarner counter

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
SirAeros
<Member>
SirAeros's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 3:48pm | Report
For me I think the main reason maybe is that he mostly Beneffited in Poke Comps as a Disengager and is rare to see someone Play that kinda of comp on Solo-Que
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 4:49pm | Report
ZioSerpe wrote:

(he rapes nautilus btw)

By this, do you mean that he can duel Nautilus? Because a lot of people can duel Nautilus. But while you're busy being able to duel him, he's busy making all his team's lanes win and laying incredible amounts of CC down in teamfights, causing those teamfights to go his team's way as well.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 6:19pm | Report
Trundle is actually a situational champion. I only use him if the enemy team has Shen, Malphite, Shyvana, Yorick, Volibear or DrMundo. If they jungle I jungle, if they Solo top I solo top. Trundle's ultimate, combined with his Q, and using a Frozen Mallet and early Madred's Bloodrazor and Last Whisper can destroy a Dr.Mundo ina teamfight faster than killing a Twitch.
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 6:47pm | Report

What?

The problem with Trundle is he doesn't clear that fast and brings only soft CC. Those arguments aside I think he is a great anti-carry and can potentially be the tankyest champion in the game. Sadly his ult is hard countered by Quicksilver Sash. Also building him from jungle money is hard because his ganks aren't top ranked.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 11:12pm | Report
Thing is, he is great against enemies without gapclosers. Like yaya said he can completely make some of those ineffective. Skarner too and many ap mids. His pillar will blow flash on early ganks. Such a small thing might win the lane for your teammate since he can be way more aggressive and still be safe.

I prefer him with tri force rather than fromal since his q and sheen proc has such a nice synergy and he has both e and w for sticking to a target.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 11:14pm | Report
I'm just basing my opinion on theoddones opinion cuz he's my idol and I watch him evirdaaaay <3
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2012 11:22pm | Report
Oh and trundle has about the same clear times as ww, brings cc from lvl 2 (or 3) and is way better at taking down tanks mid to late game. And his cc, soft though it may be, is readily available like 5 times as often as wws ultimate.
Ww does have slightly stronger sustainability and a team as buff.

I really think that changing trundles "contaminated area" or whatever it is called to give ms/as to the whole team and he'd be incredibly strong.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide