Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Why is varus under used?

Creator: cooper56 July 21, 2012 5:57pm
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 7:08pm | Report
graves has no escape and he is stop teir ad...

same with kogmaw

Graves has small dash hardly an escape at all lol if u call his dash a escape then cait e is also....
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 7:09pm | Report
....Quickdraw is Grave's "escape" and KoG Maw has a huge line shot slow+epic range+%health damage.... I hope you're trolling, otherwise I'm going to assume you've been hit a few too many times in the head.

edit: Quickdraw has long enough range to dash over walls, sooo...I would consider that "huge" range opposed to Vayne's Tumble which barely moves her.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 7:24pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

graves has no escape and he is stop teir ad...

same with kogmaw

Graves has small dash hardly an escape at all lol if u call his dash a escape then cait e is also....

Wat. Graves E and Caitlyn E are both examples of escape skills.

As for Kog, his lack of escapes is his main weakness but he makes up for this by having super ridiculous damage and range.
kin333x
<Member>
kin333x's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 7:25pm | Report
Varus is a bad AD carry because he is all burst not auto attack. In other words yeah he can burst people down BUT he needs his spells for that. He has no escape his ult is the closest thing to a escape. but he does not beat people like Graves and MF. He is fun but easily beat in 1500+ elo.

IMO Graves, MF, Corki, Vayne, all superior to Varus.
Thanks to jhoijhoi MoonEdge For the sigs!
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 7:32pm | Report
Varus has always been great in ARAM though.

His poke hits like a truck and most of the time they can't heal it back because of no healing abilities. And because it's so clustered his ult can easily 5 man snare the other team.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 7:47pm | Report
I hate playing him. Dominating my lane doesn't mean **** once lane phase is over unless my top/mid are fed and can get enemy attention. Lategame I can barely hit anyone since Varus' range is eh.

I enjoy him on TT because of his poke, he can do well versus certain team compos. But, overall, he has 0 mobility and pales in comparison to most carries. There's not a single thing OP about him apart from his lane harass, and he can easily fall down to compos like Nunu/Draven or Tristana/Leona, ADC/Blitzcrank because once he's pinned down all you can do is pray that your support can save your sweet behind.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Arkharan
<Member>
Arkharan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 8:56pm | Report
All other AD carry have at least 2 usefull spell end game if not more.

Ashe: Hawk Shot, Q Slow, Nice initiate with R
Graves: Steroid E with escape possibility, Smokescreen if one of the most annoying spell in the game, Q-R are still ok end game.
Tristana: Q Steroid - Best Range - W Escape - Healing Debuff
Urgot: Strong Initiate, Strong Poke, Super Tanky
Corki: Best poke end game, Armor Shredding
Kogmaw: Damage %, Huge Range, Slow
Vayne: % Health, Best positioning skill (tumble), AD Steroid (R)

TL;DR
All those AD carry got good skills for endgame, I might have skipped some but you pretty much got the concept

ty xaiolu for the sign :3
albableat
<Member>
albableat's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 9:07pm | Report
He isn't a not a bad AD carry for a poke comp.

But generally he's easily countered with aggressive lanes and early ganks. No mobility or whatsoever. Gotta be very good with positioning and predicting the enemy jungler not to get killed by ganks.
Want to see an in-depth diamond level LeBlanc guide? Come by and check this ;) It's written by Baekstra who is a Diamond LeBlanc main on EUW and being one myself, I can vouch for it 100%!
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 9:11pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Wat. Graves E and Caitlyn E are both examples of escape skills.

As for Kog, his lack of escapes is his main weakness but he makes up for this by having super ridiculous damage and range.

Hardly an escape e is very small dash. If escapes matter that much tristana would be top tier and own all adc's. Mf has no escape ether same with sivir... twich as well vayne has short stealth. Most dont have escapes.

edit: also ashe but i guess she can just slow but not a hole group of people.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 21, 2012 9:59pm | Report
His E can go over walls. That means if they want to chase they have to waste their Flash.

MF's escape is her 600 MS at level 1, with Make it Rain slow.

Sivir has a Spell Shield and 2 move speed buffs.

Alright, to everyone who says Varus is bad:

Not true.

The lack of an escape can be compensated with good warding coverage and smart play. It doesn't matter if Alistar is coming down the river to gank you, if you warded that far enough it's not going to matter as you can back off and snare him while you run away.

Varus is an AD Carry and is innately strong late game. He has godlike poke, with a heal reduction so they can't heal it off, and enough utility in his ultimate that it can potentially be as effective as a Morgana ultimate. Maybe even more as it pretty much FORCES the enemy team to split up or get 5 man snared.

His lack of mobility in a teamfight doesn't mean anything if his opponents can't reach him. Again, it comes down to his ultimate stop people from getting to him. A 2 second snare is definitely enough for your team to react and burst down that Jax or Irelia or for you to get away.

His steroid is reliant on snowballing fights, yes, but that's good. Your team will focus squishies anyway right? Your Nautilus will ult that fed Cass right? Then boom free 40% AS.

From what I see, he's not any worse than champions like Cait or Ashe. Its kind of funny how people are comparing him to champions like Vayne or Kog who are the absolute best and who always will be, when they aren't comparing or analyzing him to what can make him viable.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide