Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why Thresh is OP

Creator: Xander756 February 5, 2013 1:55pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

147 posts - page 4 of 15
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 5:05pm | Report
Quoted:

>a opinionated view of the world

an*
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 7:21pm | Report
Xander756 wrote:

Pretty sure the entire LoL forums disagree with you.

first, the ENTIRETY of the lol forums don't think darius is op
second, the lol forums are FULL of ******s.

if i asked 100 people if darius is op, and they all said yes, that doesnt mean darius is op. that means 100 people are idiots who can't look past his ult.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 7:41pm | Report
Xander756 wrote:

Pretty sure the entire LoL forums disagree with you.

First off: No. And if you think he is then you have no grounds for speaking on how OP a champ is. Second off: Even if most of the scrubs on the official lol forums though Darius was op that would just make it that much more laughable. They think everyone is op. Jax, vayne, leblanc, twitch, darius, evelynn, akali, shaco, etc... The Lol forums are pretty much a place to go and laugh at how stupid the people there are. Anyway back to the main problem:

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Xander756
<Member>
Xander756's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 7:48pm | Report
So if Darius is not OP, can I gloat about regularly going 20/2 with him without people saying "ur Darius" as a defense?
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 8:21pm | Report
Getting a lot of kills in pubs does not make a champ op. It means you have someone who has an ult that revolves around stealing kills and you're playing against bads. And by the way you act and the amount of knowledge you have I can definitely say without a shadow of a doubt that you play with bads. Come back when you actually know how the game works, then we'll talk. You're just one of those kids that likes to cry about everything being op, because you're ignorant as to how the game as a whole works.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 8:23pm | Report
Honestly, that would depend.

Did you get fed in lane? Did they let you farm freely? Does almost nobody else on your team have kills because of you?

If one or more of those things are true, then "ur Darius" shouldn't be an argument. That's just the case for snowballing champions.

They get kills, and use that gold to get even further ahead. Darius' kit flows together well, but it is only as strong as the gold he has behind him because of the high bonus AD ratios.

Now, if we're talking about Thresh, there's a lot more variables in it. Who's their AD Carry and how many escapes do they have?

Miss Fortune/Varus/Kog'Maw: No escapes, high damage. Work well with Thresh because of Dark Passage

Graves/Tristana: Use escapes as steroids or to reposition for more burst. Death Sentence and Dark Passage work well as they lessen the gap so they can burst.

Ashe and other similar carries don't really work so well. Ashe just wants to farm and his skills don't really help her do that, nor do they mini-peel if Thresh wants to go soul collecting.

Comparing similar abilities between him and other champions:

Rocket Grab vs Death Sentence
Rocket Grab: 0 cast time, goes through walls and pulls the grabbed object straight to Blitz. No passive bonus. Sets up the rest of his combo.

Death Sentence: Small windup time. Stuns target hit for 1.5 seconds. If the stun ends early, so does the pulling. Pulls only a short distance, not over walls. Sets up the rest of his combo on either initiating or doing damage/CC. Makes him scale into late game without items through its passive damage.

Dark Passage: No real comparison.

Flay: No real comparison.

The Box: Closest thing is Cataclysm and that doesn't allow people to escape. It's also ranged and does damage to one person.

His passive is interesting as it gives his other skills a little bit of damage. On average, you'll end up with about 100 souls, give or take depending on how lucky you were with spawns in lane, and winning fights while you were near.

That adds... about 80 AP and armor. While that seems like a lot, it's really not thanks to his really bad AP scaling, as well as his low base armor.

Now, to continue the comparisons, we're going to look at both Blitzcrank and Alistar. Both have 18 armor at level 1.

Sure they have scaling armor, while Thresh does not, they both have other ways of mitigating damage. Alistar has Unbreakable Will and Triumphant Roar to both soak damage and heal himself and allies. Blitzcrank has Mana Barrier to crate a false sense of death to his opponents and save himself early on.

Now, back to Thresh we see he has a shield with a low AP ratio of 0.4 at all levels of the shield, which he occasionally will use to gather souls, if I may add. Assuming he gets an average of 80 AP per match, he's getting a bonus 32 health on that shield. Blitz can easily get more than that just by buying a Sapphire Crystal at any point in the game.

He is a tank. He's supposed to be durable. Free stats on a support are the only way he's going to survive in the gold-starved world of the support. Sure the S3 items have helped mitigate this, but he'll never get the cash flow of a solo-top Singed for items.

There's my argument, I hope you read it thoroughly.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 8:30pm | Report
+rep for Lugignaf for that post.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 8:34pm | Report
Oh, and before you ask, yes. I have played AD Thresh. It is not optimal, nor will it win every time.

You have to get early kills or else almost everyone outscales you. You have that free "crit" at the beginning of every fight, sure, but Ashe does everything AD Thresh does, but better because of Enchanted Crystal Arrow.

AD Thresh/Blitz is my favorite bot lane, but not everyone can pull it off.

EDIT: I just watched that "ADC Thresh is OP" video. It was a dual CC bot lane that ensured that Thresh could land Death Sentence whenever he needed to. Like I said, early kills leads to him being far too strong for any one champ to handle.
True love is found only in yourself.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 8:36pm | Report
AD Thresh is fine, if it's like a bruiser AD/AS build.. and you're doing it at top lane.

AD *carry* Thresh is too "for funsies".
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2013 8:59pm | Report
GUYS THIS ONE TIME I WENT 50/0 ON RIVEN against some bots

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide