Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

WTF is Riot Doing

Creator: Read March 31, 2011 8:26am
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2011 3:27pm | Report
Yeah, Tryn is a good 1v1er if you get 40 minutes to pre-farm xD

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2011 8:13am | Report
You guys get very pissy over a game tbh. No disrespect. I ROFLed at all of the hate speech. I even used to like restric. But alas no more. Why is it that we are measuring to Dota? (Which i have played. I play LoL now. I wonder why.) Anyway, I like lol more than any other moba by far. If you know a better one let me know.

And as well, the two chief arguments are that balancing champs is difficult and that Riot needs money. I will attempt to answer these point in my own way. Disagree or not.

Balancing champs. Yes it is difficult. Certain champs are only viable on certain maps. Yes I play 3s and 5s. Why? Because I like to. I enjoy mixing it up. Its easier to get a group for 3s than for 5s. Anyone tried controlling a guild on a 25 man raid. Yah I feel the same way on LoL. Pissy players get pissy and AFK to prove that you "need" them. Even when I have premades sometimes.

In any case, certain champs are more or less viable. However, I am an advocate of playing well. Not just picking OP champs. Even if champs are viable or not I will pick them because I enjoy playing them. Otherwise we would always have the same 10 champs on the map. Which is completely ridiculous.

Dear lord at you people though. "Balancing a map is hard." Guess what? Writing code is hard. Programming is hard. My job is hard your job is hard. Life is hard. So what? If making a game was easy we'd all be playing our own perfect games.

Perhaps their is a solution to all this. I suggest that Riot instead of making a "new" map they differentiate the old ones. IE special modes. Maybe a siege mode. Towers have much higher DEF and HP. IDK just something different.

I own all but like 3 champs (soooo close) but i only really enjoy playing around 15-20 of them. Some i will take only on x map or y map. I kinda like that though. Every map doesnt have to be balanced for every champ. some champs are OP on TT period. Just make them at least viable on other maps as well.

As a general rule CC wins. Why? Because people understand positioning and focus fire. As a general rule support sucks in 3s. Why because there really isnt as much positioning and cc.

In any case, riot will do what riot will do. They have money restrictions. So there really isnt any point in getting angry about it. I am not mad at riot. I do want new **** though. I generally seem harsh (im not really) so I may have been misunderstood. I know all of you 3.4 billion posters are high elo (im mid) and have played dota from birth, but that isnt an excuse to be buttheads.

When I see ideas, even if they arent balanced or perfect, I try to help them along. the idea is what matters. Making it happen is hard and fleshing out the details are as well. But plugging in x versus y number makes balance (For the most part). The originality of the idea is what truly makes it fun.

No disrepect ^_^

And sorry for the wall
Join me, or fall forever
Tuze
<Member>
Tuze's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 6:57am | Report
bumping thread because it has good potential if people post more ideas.

Many tend to say how unballanced the Twisted Treeline is, but for me atleast its part of the fun. Besides, if and when some new maps are added, people don't "need" to play the new maps if they don't like or want to. It's just like now with Twisted Treeline, but with a couple of more options. They could for starters implement the new maps into custom games only, and sometime down the line move them into normal games too, but not into ranked before the map is ballanced enough. I'm more than willing to spend some time trying a map that might not be ballanced enough for ranked play (or even normal), but which might be fun enough to play in custom.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 7:39am | Report
Trynd/Mundo OP on TT? Ha, yeah ok. I know one person with Trynd that facerolls on TT all the time. I don't know anybody else that can do that with Trynd/Mundo/(other 'OP' champ) that often. There is and will always be a counter to every champion. Yes, even those seemingly OP champions. As for some 6v2 going on, why the hell would anybody be dumb enough to try to fight that for one; and second, who has THAT horrible of positioning...ever?

I must disagree on some of it, but certain things, I have thought would be very nice as well. I think the 'free-for-all' would be a great idea. Maybe it could be 'last man standing' or maybe there could be a set time limit that gives everybody as much time to stack up as many kills as possible. It would teach people the definition of KS and map awareness. If your favourite champion is a support or anything else with little damage output, don't take it in the arena! Unless it is your final game before uninstall.

If supports want to do something other than huge 5v5 or 3v3, make a 2v2 just for them. I know it seems rather odd, but think about how awesome it would be to take your best friend, or one other person on the game that you lane really well with, somebody that understands your play-style just as much as you understand theirs. That way, you don't have to worry about 'feeders' messing up your game. Supports and tanks would have so much use here. They could focus on helping that one person on their team that deals the majority of the damage. No need for roaming.

I'm not complaining about the game, because I love it. Otherwise I wouldn't play it. But there are some things that are just far too simple. Yes, Riot needs money, as does everybody else these days. If the champion and map creators are separate, why should there ever be a problem with either of the two? It is the map designer's job to make the map even for all sides, but the champion regulator's job to even up all the champions with each other.

I like the 5v5 idea and anything more than that would be far too crowded. Yes, there are other games that have a lot of these things that have been mentioned, along with the arena and such. But what we are saying is that we want to see it done in LoL (Riot's) image. To me, that says those talking about wanting more; they are supporting this game, and not the others. I think that is credit enough itself.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 8:42am | Report
IMO I think they should give more access to custom games like changing how much gold you start with, your champions level and so fourth. Makes it faster and more efficient to test new champions, builds and even have fun in some 5v5's.

But I agree 2 maps is stupid, but like others said, money comes into play here.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 9:31am | Report
I'm reading this and all I see is "Waaahhh why isn't my FREE GAME perfect?!?!?!?"

Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 11:13am | Report
wahhhh b-wong revived an old thread with the purpose of knocking me. suprise suprise. No RESPECT.
Join me, or fall forever
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 1:11pm | Report
Just an update from them is good for me.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 2:05pm | Report
I didn't revive it :o it just bumped back up to the top (not by me) and I commented.

Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 4:54pm | Report
All i want is
A 4vs4 Map
A 3vs3 Map
and.....
A map where you can fight minions, like miniion wave 1 has 5 minions... it'd be kinda cool. :]
minion 50.. has like 1,000 minions coming in.. Lulz :]

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide