Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Are pop ups a new thing for MOBAfire?

Creator: Toshabi March 25, 2012 12:16am
1 2
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2012 9:03pm | Report
newer pop up occurred. Though this is more of a slide over if anything :T

IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2012 10:58am | Report
^ Yeah, that's the one I've gotten two or three times before.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 1, 2012 2:41pm | Report
I have received that one myself, Toshabi. Only once ever though, so it is extremely rare. Unfortunately the rarity makes it even harder to isolate who and where it is coming from.

The best we can do is nag/beg/plead/blackmail our networks into improving their review system and blocking these things properly from sites that don't want them. We are making some adjustments soon to drop some advertisers that we have discovered some problems with, hopefully that will end a lot of this.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 5:19am | Report
Got the above as well:

Clicked on "Why did I receive this survey?" and got redirected to this:

Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 11, 2012 5:42am | Report
Yeah it's a load of ****. Don't fill out those surveys, just close them and ignore them until we can finally get rid of them once and for all.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2012 10:31pm | Report
Rather then make a new thread, I'm just going to use this thread to ask about newer ads I've been seeing pop up around the site that might be considered hazardous to its members.

This new ad popped up 30 seconds into me making a post. This ad took up the entire screen of my internet browser and immediately loaded a rather annoying video (with sound!) that started playing without warning as I was typing. I'm going to start writing a guide very soon and I know that me and many other people might find this annoying if such an event occurred as we were in the middle of writing a guide and something as annoying as this popped up.

Not saying it's your fault, just someone on the network side dun goof'd somewhere, especially when they told you that these kinds of ads wouldn't appear on MOBAfire. Along side of that, I've been seeing those survey pop ups appear more frequently on this website that I mentioned in the OP of this thread.

That's me report, herr admin.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide