Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Read] Hyper's clean-up project

Creator: hypershatter May 25, 2011 10:49pm
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 25, 2011 11:59pm | Report

and why can't you just edit the OP instead of reserving 5 posts x_x

It's more organized.

Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:42am | Report
Fair enough Hyper, I agree some builds shouldn't be high rated.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 2:42am | Report

Ok, great, you are going to DV guides you think should be DVed.

Everyone should do that, I don't really see the necessity of a thread about it.

And what exactly do you have to update us on...

the newest bad guides?

rofl

and why can't you just edit the OP instead of reserving 5 posts x_x

There's a trully large amount of guides out there... wouldn't be able to fit it all in 1 or 2 posts... 5 is the answer! I see the light now!!!!!

And from what I understood, he's not just going to DV guides... he's gonna point out why he's downvoting (which is something most people should do but don't do).

Hmmm... back on topic, I agree with Hyper... keeping the guide section clean is a must since it's one of the main things that brings people into this community. Quality > Quantity

And regarding the guides that lack updates... having the "patch" information on the guide list would trully be helpful (something like: "updated for patch: 1.0.0.118b")
36. Just because you're losing doesn't mean you are the best on your team, it means you are losing, too.
hypershatter
<Member>
hypershatter's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 7:31am | Report
i am not going to DV any guides. All I am doing is looking at the top guides and discussing whether they should be there, that's all. If they don't, I would recommend an alternative.
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 7:34am | Report
If you think a guide is bad, you should downvote and provide constructive comments tho (and explain why you downvoted) :P
61. When in doubt, ward.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 10:20am | Report
Largely unupdated, but not archived builds should be removed from high ratings...I don't care how good it was: if it still has Innervating Locket or Zhonya's Ring or any other now nonexistant items it shouldn't be in the top rated guides...

They also desperately need to clean out repeat guides...It's a little horrifying to see the amount of almost identical guides floating around...
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 11:13am | Report

Largely unupdated, but not archived builds should be removed from high ratings...I don't care how good it was: if it still has Innervating Locket or Zhonya's Ring or any other now nonexistant items it shouldn't be in the top rated guides...

They also desperately need to clean out repeat guides...It's a little horrifying to see the amount of almost identical guides floating around...

This.

You can downvote a build with over 500 up votes all you want, you could make new accounts all day, but the lowest it will get because of how guides are rated is maybe ~60%.

Some of the guides that haven't been updated need to be archived automatically or something.
Tri lane for life.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 11:53am | Report
Would this work? After a certain amount of not being updated (more than a year) the user who posted it should get a message asking them if they plan to update it and if they say no or don't respond to the message the guide would be archived. Since you can un-archive things on your own it would be reasonable...
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:04pm | Report

Would this work? After a certain amount of not being updated (more than a year) the user who posted it should get a message asking them if they plan to update it and if they say no or don't respond to the message the guide would be archived. Since you can un-archive things on your own it would be reasonable...

Something like that would work.
Tri lane for life.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2011 12:13pm | Report
It also sucks to look at several builds for the same champ and have them be identical...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide