Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Season Three - Guides

Creator: jhoijhoi November 8, 2012 2:49pm
35 posts - page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Should all guides be forced to STALE on the S3 roll-out?
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2012 7:59am | Report
The reason i don't like the idea is that it encourages seeing the new mastery system and immediately assuming something is best and then just "go with that"

I don't think their guide should be shown as updated until they updated the masteries and runes but it's freshness should decay at the usual rate, not instantly.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2012 1:18pm | Report
^It'll be a "soft reset" for MobaFire guides. Authors who only update their guide once every two months will be the only authors hit hard by all their guides being reset to Stale. Regular members will notice their guides as "stale" and will do their best to provide accurate information to the public.

The "go with that" attitude will be downvoted. If the new Utility masteries had a lot of cooldown reduction or something, and I said in my Ashe guide, "NEW UTILITY TREE IS AMAZING, ASHE NEEDS ALL THE COOLDOWN SHE CAN GET", I'd be downvoted, and fairly too.

Minor errors like, maybe picking up a little less AD for survivability, or whatever, isn't going to kill a guide, like you seem to think.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2012 2:35pm | Report
^ It can though. I've seens downvotes before for one questionable item choice.

"Hey that one item isn't great, DV"

Doesn't seem too far of from: "Hey, those new masteries you've selected are sub-par, DV"

I guess if people are planning to DV you anyway, or "would" DV you for that, having "proper" new masteries won't help that much. I see people overreacting in both ways though, so I have no idea what would be best. Either you'd get angry dudes downvoting for outdated masteries, or you'd get downvoted for having new sub-par masteries. Tricky :/

The "normal" people I'm sure wouldn't particularly mind either way, but the guys who are "trolling" would get angry either way.
"Listen to Joe... he knows what he's doing."
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2012 3:23pm | Report
People are going to make new guides with the new masteries and update their guides to the new masteries as soon as those masteries are available on MOBAFire, regardless of whether or not they feel like they have to, guys. You can't simply argue that updating immediately is a bad idea and expect that to mean that marking guides stale is a bad idea. No one is arguing that updating guides immediately is a good idea, anyway.

What I don't see either Polse or BarbJ doing is arguing that, a month down the line, it'll be okay for guides to still have the old masteries and still be solidly in top positions.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2012 1:54am | Report
^Great reply, Baka. That's exactly the situation I wanted to avoid, which is why I proposed the Stale reset - Stale means they can't stay months on end from Ideal to Expired, with the S2 masteries and items.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide