Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What is +Rep? Why does it say...

Creator: Matt October 30, 2011 10:30pm
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 11:40am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

But you are opening a thread for that?

Probably not lol.

@Ice

Yes, except I like and enjoy Rep :P ^^

Beeswarm17
<Member>
Beeswarm17's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2011 2:15pm | Report
I'm kinda lazy, so I prefer people to come to me instead of the other way around. :P

I live my life like I get my rep: outwardly apathetic, inwardly plotting.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 1:43am | Report
I have no idea what i'm getting my reps for but reviewing guides for rep sounds for me a bit sellout'ish...

Did that so much that even before the forums were created had 1300+ posts as comments on ppl guides XD

My daily routine @ work was to review ALL the guides that were created :P Today it is simply impossible :P too many users too many guides being created :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 9:34am | Report
I don't know. I think of reviewing guides as helping out the community. Like you said, it's pretty much impossible to review every guide on the site now. So rather than just commenting on guides randomly, it seems more beneficial to review guides for people who are actually looking for help. Most of the people (myself included when I asked for reviews) consider that helpful and rep regardless of review requirements. I've repped everyone that left some kind of constructive comment on my guide.

That probably says where you've managed most of your rep. You had over twice my current posts on guide reviews alone. It's no wonder you had the highest rep for the longest time. :)

Did you just have a lot of free time at work? Or were there not that many guides at the time?
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 9:46am | Report
Back when DEWO reviewed guides, he had to walk 20 miles up hill both ways to find an internet connection around his work :P

I review guides for +rep, posts, and to help correct them, whether it's a random guide or not. I've definitely thought about just going to the new guides section and spamming reviews, but well, it's spamming so I can't D:

I use to do a lot more reviewing and i'll probably start doing it again now that my review thread is back up-ish.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 9:51am | Report
People that want help and are actively looking for someone to review their guide deserve to get a long review imo.
I don't like asking for a +Rep, which is why I asked GMD to specifically state that giving a +Rep is not a necessity. If people feel like it helped and they wanna +Rep, fine. If they +Rep just because they have to +Rep even though I haven't helped them that much, it's lame and I didn't deserve to get one.

Having said that I still notice opening a review shop helps for your amount of reps, even before I started reviewing I already got some... :|

And yes, like others, I started of reviewing new guides. However, only some of the guides I reviewed actually updated their guide based on my (mostly long) comments, most didn't.
If I'm going to help someone, I feel like they should spend some ******* time on improving their guide.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 9:55am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

People that want help and are actively looking for someone to review their guide deserve to get a long review imo.
I don't like asking for a +Rep, which is why I asked GMD to specifically state that giving a +Rep is not a necessity. If people feel like it helped and they wanna +Rep, fine. If they +Rep just because they have to +Rep even though I haven't helped them that much, it's lame and I didn't deserve to get one.

Having said that I still notice opening a review shop helps for your amount of reps, even before I started reviewing I already got some... :|

And yes, like others, I started of reviewing new guides. However, only some of the guides I reviewed actually updated their guide based on my (mostly long) comments, most didn't.
If I'm going to help someone, I feel like they should spend some ******* time on improving their guide.

Yep. 99% of the Mobafire community make a guide, forget about it, and then never come back.

Also this is yet another reason I haven't reviewed in a while...I apparently have a lot.

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2011 9:59am | Report
Bryun wrote:

I don't understand how you guys de-rail things it's not that hard to stay on topic.

OT: Yeah I'm kind of disappointed that it takes so much after Distinguished, just to get another rank. To be honest I think jhoijhoi will be the only one to achieve this "next rank" ever.

Also...how da fk do you have so much rep Bryun :O

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 2:21am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Quite true and i would not like to see ppl reviewing builds only for rep and kinda treat rep as a monetary system...
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Beeswarm17
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 27, 2011 2:01pm | Report
DEWO wrote:

Quite true and i would not like to see ppl reviewing builds only for rep and kinda treat rep as a monetary system...

I agree. I've seen a few people (not any of the mainstream reviewers) saying that they won't vote unless they get rep. It's pretty ridiculous. :/

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide