Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I'm requesting assistance for a Duo partner...

Creator: Sirnikolai April 27, 2015 8:55pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
You pretty Much need a Duo parntner to get out of Bronze hell.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 4:31pm | Report
Take what you will from it, I climbed out of bronze alone. Then I skyrocketed from Silver V to silver I in about 30 games after spending 200+ in bronze just because I decided to follow advice from players better than me and managed to view my own games and see how much of an idiot I was. Then, the next thing you know I actually started thinking before doing stupid stuff and viola, not only did I end up winning more games, I ended up becoming a much much better player overall. I was able to go even against people even of platinum rank just by playing it safe and smart. That alone gave me confidence and drive strong enough to keep on climbing.

Don't just dismiss everything people are suggesting you, and don't try and prove it via bot games. Try it an actual game with an open mind and I'm sure you'll see results.

Point is, no matter how much you think you don't deserve it you're in bronze because you suck. I was there a few years ago, and when I look back at it I was really horrible at the game. Being mechanically gifted will only take you so far.

Trust me, when you end up getting silver, and then gold and heck maybe even master/challenger, you'll witness your own improvement. When you get a higher rank it's very easy to notice when you are preforming better than usual and when you are under-preforming as you are a better judge of skill.

Finding another player you have fun playing with and trying to climb together for fun brings the best results I've heard. If you want to climb ranked just for prestige, title and authority then it probably won't end up working too well as I've found out over the years :p
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 4:52pm | Report
Having to perpetually team fight makes me think the game actually requires less tactical thinking (as it's largely repetition, according to you).

And like I said, DoTA and League are practically the same game with different characters and items. DOTA has a few more advanced mechanics like denial and forest shops, but otherwise the core objective of how to play the game remains the same.

But I congratulate you on your ability to read tooltips and accurately judge next level thinking in a game from that text alone!

Edit: Totally misread the first acronym and assumed you means heroes of newerth for some reason. HotS is not anything like League or DOTA and cannot be compared.

And I congratulate you on your ability to last hit and catch people out!

God what am I DOING WITH MY LIFE

Basically MOBAFire.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 4:54pm | Report
If you think that's the only two things to League that might explain a lot.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Sirnikolai's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 5:26pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
If you want to climb ranked just for prestige, title and authority then it probably won't end up working too well as I've found out over the years :p

That's the opposite of what i'm striving for. Given that League of Legends is a team game I'm struggling to find decent teammates druing solo queues.

Lets say I'm ADC Jinx & my support is Thresh decides to help prevent a gank for dragon who wouldn't go help, if i stayed in farm CS i would still have died 1 vs 3 either way.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 8:07pm | Report
And that's where you're misunderstanding the very fundamental of Soloqueue. It's not about your team. It's about you.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 8:41pm | Report
I think you have the wrong mindset for climbing elo, sirnikolai

Just admit you're bad and focus on yourself in your games, don't look at the faults of your teammates because there's nothing you can do about that.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 9:05pm | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
Ok than never heard that one before. Like I said before Sona rune page isn't complete.

Honestly do a match against this line up & post you results!

ENEMY TEAM Leona intermediate the rest all beginners. Caitlyn, Ryze, Fiddlesticks Garen
YOUR TEAM you as Sona your intermediate champion is Master Yi, Ashe, Dr. Mundo Wukong

I didn't go 0-9-21 with this same match, so I believe you can't win going 0-9-21 as your masteries.

End of that match i went 23-1-11 before quiting because who wants a lose record on a custom game.
How about a ranked game where I used 4-5-21 masteries (admittedly, it's Nami, but still)? I used approximately the same build I gave you, with 4-5-21 masteries (I happen to prefer those on Nami, but 0-9-21 is also usable) and won.

It's Silver, so there's weird **** galore ofc.

Also, I was asking what runes you have so that someone can tell you the most optimal page to set up using what you already have, because what you're currently using is extremely sub-optimal.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 10:47pm | Report
How about a ranked game where I used 4-5-21 masteries (admittedly, it's Nami, but still)? I used approximately the same build I gave you, with 4-5-21 masteries (I happen to prefer those on Nami, but 0-9-21 is also usable) and won.

It's Silver, so there's weird **** galore ofc.

Also, I was asking what runes you have so that someone can tell you the most optimal page to set up using what you already have, because what you're currently using is extremely sub-optimal.

Your asking so much when the best runes are like 2050IP & the little ones are like 820IP. Seems like you don't like listening either, but my rune page for Sona is still in works. I'm just missing only Scaling of magic resist & life steal, for my ADC's which are expensive.
Sirnikolai
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 11:02pm | Report
First time with Rammus bought his new skin as well.
All intermediate bots.
My deaths are usually the same things.

- walking into an AP storm. 5 vs 5 which they all got taunted which I got ******** from there.
- taking someone with me, tho turret get the kill.
- playing my lane too aggreesively which turret gets kill again.
- Warding without allies near. <<<<FACING REAL PLAYERS>>>>

Those ARE MY mistake which I ADMIT too, the FACT you all SEEM perfect, which your NOT perfect, people in diamond still make those mistakes like My which costs them a decent game.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2015 11:15pm | Report
Sirnikolai wrote:
Your asking so much when the best runes are like 2050IP & the little ones are like 820IP. Seems like you don't like listening either, but my rune page for Sona is still in works. I'm just missing only Scaling of magic resist & life steal, for my ADC's which are expensive.
You're misunderstanding why I'm asking, I'm reading what you say just fine, but what I'm asking is actually unrelated to whether you are working on finishing the page or not. What runes do you actually have? The set-up you're using currently isn't optimal and if you have full sets of some of those runes (like the Magic pen marks, armor seals, ect.) you can make a page that will be better than what you are currently using, even if it isn't 100% optimal. Does that make more sense?

I'm not claiming I'm perfect, in fact I'm far from it, you just asked for an example so I gave it. It's not even a good example, the enemy Vel'Koz was clearly mentally handicapped or something.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide