Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

in need of help

Creator: MyBloodisBlack December 20, 2013 1:05pm
14 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 1:05pm | Report
I am a level 30 and I am asking for help, I have tried to help myself watching videos, stream games, reading guides and all sort following everyones letters to the T and yet somehow I still fail to improve in any way and I really wish I knew what was wrong so I could say but I can't....

Is there anyone willing to help me in figuring it out and helping me reach a new level in LOL please?
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 1:37pm | Report
if youre really doing everything you possibly can then i guess the only thing is to keep playing and practice, a player with only 200 games played in this game is most likely going to lose to a player with 2000 wins in this game

it come with experience

also if you can you should post replays of your games here and im sure people will list all the things you can improve on
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 2:13pm | Report
I have a channel of full length matches but they are all ARAM :/
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 2:38pm | Report
do some in SR and post them
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 3:40pm | Report
I can't...I lack confidence in SR, no matter what I do I screw up badly :(
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 3:56pm | Report

I can't...I lack confidence in SR, no matter what I do I screw up badly :(

Then just play. It's not like you're gonna get better if you don't play.

Theories are fine, but nothing beats just playing for practice.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 20, 2013 4:14pm | Report
Try turning off Auto Attack in the Game menu. It forces you to make informed decisions, instead of just running blindly into a fight and hoping to hit something within proximity.

Give it a go, and post results ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
NahKallah
<Member>
NahKallah's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 24, 2013 10:03am | Report
Hey there! I'm also pretty new to all things LoL (especially ranked play), and if you want a practice buddy feel free to shoot me a PM!

Best of Luck!
c4sobe
<Member>
c4sobe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 3:16am | Report
What helped me improve a lot is the advice a friend gave me when I started:
1) Change your items based upon the champions selected (I.E. use armor against AD type champs)
2) Maximize CS (CS > Harrass)
3) WARD, WARD, WARD (I almost always make sure I have an extra ward in my pocket just in case)
4) If you can roam and someone is asking for assistance, go. You don't have to be the jungler.
5) Don't waste mana on minions (unless you have mana to spare)
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 8:42am | Report
What a lot of guides, watching streams etc can't give you is EXPERIENCE and AWARENESS.

With practice comes experience, and with experience comes awareness.

By awareness i mean, for example:
- knowing how to use map efficiently
- expecting the worst (if 4 are missing on map, and you're pushing a lane with no vision, go back! unless you have knowledge that the enemy went back, or were at a specific point on map)
- understanding the limitations of champions (damage they can deal, what they can tank, how they escape etc.)

I mentor a few people and the key advise i give them is to stop playing NORMAL (if you're below 30, this doesn't include you). By playing ranked you're playing with players who want to win much more than normal players, theres an incentive to win, the stakes are higher, and team composition is generally more important, majority of high level players go into normals to troll/test ideas or play with friends using joke compositions, so playing normal to get better isn't going to be beneficial as ranked is completely different. Second tip i give players is to practice and practice, spam those ranked games, doesn't matter if you win or lose, every-game you're slowly getting better, understanding the game etc. Third tip, mute the flamers, or don't talk at all, as usually when i talk - i end up flaming sadly, so just remember to ping etc if you choose not to talk.

Also, most guides are focused on normal play, not ranked, so usually the guides don't work in ranked, and guides that offer a fixed build NEVER WORK, you need to change and adapt your playstyle, build etc. to your surroundings and enemy. If the enemy is AP heavy for example and you're following a guide to the T that says to get a thornmail...hows this going to help?....remember analysing the game is KEY to success, you want to change your build to how your enemy is performing, what your enemy has picked, what you team has picked and what your team needs.

Finally, don't just play one role only, test all roles out, test champions out, find out what your bread and butter is, but if you're planning on becoming a better player, its usually a good thing to understand and know at least 2 roles.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide