Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Some quick questions!

Creator: Enki December 10, 2010 2:31pm
1 2
Enki
<Member>
Enki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2010 10:52pm | Report
Most of that makes a lot of sense to me so far. I actually got to play some more Champs in 5v5's. Singed is pretty neat, I usually do like 3 kills/4 deaths/10+ Assists with him. And lots of tower/minion kills.

The main problem I've been having is since I've never played an RTS before, its hard gauging where I need to be when I really get into pushing/jungling or whatever. Movement feels clunky compared to games that I've played more also. And general strategy at the different stages of the game hasn't quite came to me yet.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2010 12:27am | Report
Think of your minimap as your rearview mirror in your car. You need to be glancing at it like every 5/10 secs to see what's going on around you. A quick glance can tell you a lot.

As far as knowing where to be, that comes with map awareness, which looking at the minimap a lot will help you know. For instance if you glance at your map and your whole team is in mid and you're in a side lane, and all the enemies are missing, can you guess what is going to happen? Yes, you will get ganked when you're by yourself and the enemy can see you.

I like to think of it like soccer. You watch all of your players and the other team move and adjust to eachother. It is about predicting where the others are going to go, and changing your route accordingly. The reason you probably think it's clunky is because you have to think ahead a fair amount to be in the right place at the right time. If you are just thinking in the present you will always be behind.

I hope that helped.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2010 12:44am | Report
^ That was pretty comprehensive, do you feel clunky as in movement speed? If so try the movement speed 3 boots for awhile until you pick it up.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
Enki
<Member>
Enki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 12, 2010 3:55pm | Report
I meant the pace of the game is clunky, it speeds up in places I'm just not used to is all. 1-5 is pretty slow, then as soon as 6 hits ( ulti's? ) it gets quick until 9 ( ganking becomes harder? ) or so. Then it stays slow til 13-15( item build up? ), is slow again until the big 5v5 team fights and full rushes at 17-18.
Freki
<Member>
Freki's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2010 7:58am | Report
An other advise you could use, is to not invest IP in runes before you reach tier3. Then buy set of runes (ie 9 of each).

Otherwise have fun with this game, and check characters' difficulty in riot description, it can help you have a better learning curve, by learning the easiest first.
Gedard
<Member>
Gedard's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 11, 2011 9:26pm | Report
Go to games that are called IP FARMING!!!!
My Teemo Build!

It says February 2011, but I just changed my REALLY old build into this. It's not old at all!
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2011 3:24am | Report
JACN wrote:

Laning WW is better...

i wouldnt starightforward say its better, but it is viable and for sure an option.

Btw everyone sais, shaco isnt as useful right now... i disagree :P shaco (as a jungler) is a friggin lot of fun and when you get kills on the other side of the map, because someone ran into 3 boxes, you cant help but to enjoy it. Shacos lategame isnt as bad as most people think, because your boxes can give you a huge advantage in fights (like pikcing off opponents with the fear) later if you get a GA (what i often do) you can even hop in vs 3 opponents and finish off those on low health (something i rly enjoy doing xD).
Shaco is hard to play, because his skill cap is insanely high and his usefullnes can rise to unexpected hights. If you manage to place your boxes wisely, you will be practically unkillable earlygame and with enaugh kills, your mid-lategame will be pretty mean (you still have to pick off opponents or bd to be of any use).
Saying: if you play him right you can wreck opponents every stage of the game. but on the other hand which champ cant do that^^
i just enjoy playing him, because he scales so high with player skills :P

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
The Angry Cookie
<Member>
The Angry Cookie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2011 4:30pm | Report
Well I can suggest if you like playing a champion like Corki as he is ranged DPS one to consider might be Ashe, she has a minor learning curve and does some pretty awesome DPS..
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 18, 2011 11:58pm | Report
JACN wrote:

Laning WW is better...

Jungle Sona is much better...
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide