Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Teach me to AP mid carry :D

Creator: Max Carter April 18, 2012 4:33pm
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 7:31pm | Report
The spell should always cast right away as long as you're in range and not lagging.

Also, Cass is pretty hard for Ryze to deal with. Or for anyone to deal with really.
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Acid Reigns's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 8:20pm | Report
In my honest opinion, rather than learning to play specific champs, you should learn to play AGAINST champs.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2012 10:18pm | Report

In my honest opinion, rather than learning to play specific champs, you should learn to play AGAINST champs.

^^ That...

I have never really had much trouble with Cass. That's just because I'm good at predicting and dodging skill shots, I guess. That still doesn't change the fact that her ult is ******edly awesome.

Completely off-topic:
Fox Rage wrote:

OP stuff makes you win.

Yeah, people don't care about balance much any more. OP wins games. That's what most people want, not a challenge.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Max Carter
<Member>
Max Carter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 12:41pm | Report
About the lag, I can have lag for 2 situations: I'm from Brasil and I play in NA, so my ping is always 200-250... and my computer isn't good, so I play with a maximum of 25 FPS, sometimes it goes down to 20/18, and sometimes it can go even ****ty, around 5-15 (just for a very short period)

I'll keep testing ap carriers

So, you said about learning how to play against champs, give me tips for it! Should I get abyssal in every one?
Thx for Nyoike for this sig! Tanks FTW s2
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 1:04pm | Report
Nah, abyssal is usually no good, go with a Rod of Ages, or a Rylais, or both even, for your defence, depending on what champ you're using, and Void Staff for you MPen.

For example, Kennen and similar champions have no mana bar, and benefit more from Rylais. Conversely, mana hungry champs, need a RoA.

Anyways, you should be noting things about champs that make them dangerous, and also their weaknesses.

For example, you've already said yourself, that Morgana has long cooldowns. You should be using this to your advantage, and every time you see her miss dark binding, harass her.

Another general thing to put to use, is abusing the fact that some champs have easy to dodge skill shots. Take Lux for example, all of her moves are skill shots, therefore, try and stay perpendicular to her, and remember, always try and counter harass if she misses, but don't overextend to far that you could be ganked, or her cooldowns could come back
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 2:08pm | Report
Abyssal Mask is great because it gives AP, MR, and MR reduction, making you hit harder overall and reducing their damage. :)

Rylai's Crystal Scepter and Rod of Ages are equivalent in many aspects. Near the same amount of health, near the same price, the exact same AP. Just one has mana (while building over time) and the other slows.

You also want to get plenty of ganks. :)

Find champions that you can rely on and enjoy playing with, then figure out how to use them in countless circumstances, that includes fighting against different champions.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Acid Reigns
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 2:16pm | Report
Which is why I'm mentioning them both in the same section. Though they are similar, you'd never buy a rod of ages on Mordekaiser, or Kennen.

Abyssal, is good on paper, but in practice it isn't all that. The AP is pretty good, but there are items that give you quite a bit more, the MR is decent as well I suppose, but there are better AP/Survivability items, such as RoA, or Rylais. And the MR decrease, isn't really that good on most mages. For one it clashes with %MPen, which is by far superior, it also has much too short of a range for most mages, who usually need to position themselves defensively, so they don't get focused. Overall, it's more of an ap tank item, or maybe even a support item imo.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 2:56pm | Report
I've been seeing some people rush Abyssal as their first item in mid lane lately. I imagine it's pretty strong.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 27, 2012 3:32pm | Report
^It is.

Mercury's Treads + Abyssal Mask + Giant's Belt/ catalyst the protector for later Rylai's Crystal Scepter/ Rod of Ages makes you very tanky and still do true damage to mid carries.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 29, 2012 8:51pm | Report
That range issue on Abyssal is sometimes a slight issue for a few champions, more specifically if you are someone that relies on your range, such as Xerath or Kog'Maw, or even one of those ults, Lux or Karthus. The item itself is rather well-rounded though. I like finding items that get me a lot of stats instead of just one massive item with only one huge stat, but I still love Rabadon's Deathcap. :P

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide