Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

500k Members Giveaway Winners

Creator: Mowen January 22, 2014 8:00pm
1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 8:00pm | Report

Here's the winners from our celebratory 500k Members Giveaway! For the contest all you had to do was write what you love about MOBAFire.

Originally we planned to give away 5 MOBAFire hats + stickers, but we were so touched from reading all your comments we decided to ramp it up to 10!

Here's our #1 staff pick, who will receive a MOBAFire Hat + stickers as well as $10 RP! We felt that his statement really got to the essence of what's great about both League of Legends and MOBAFire. Thank you for the touching words!

Well I wanted to say a few things, not even for the swag, or the RP but just because I think it needs to be said. Firstly, League of Legends has made gaming international. Not that it wasn't before but now it's "snowballing" out of control. No pun intended. Secondly, League is the first game in a really long time, almost as far as I can remember (Which is a long time) That I consistently play, over and over again and never have the fear of getting bored with it. Not only can you constantly better yourself, constantly learn new things and take your skill level to new heights, but you can aspire to be a PRO! Before league of legends, kids, teenagers and Adults could only DREAM of being a professional gamer and get paid for it. League (With the help of a lot of other companies) has made that dream a reality. Not only is it an amazing game that will entertain you for hours (Some times more then it should. lol) but it's something to aspire to get better at. Thanks Riot. You've done something amazing. You've brought people from all over the world together to do something they love. Thirdly, I'm a disabled Veteran. I basically have nothing to do during the day as I'm limited to what I CAN do. LoL Has given me the opportunity to enjoy something without too much strenuous labor, and it doesn't leave me not wanting to get out of bed the next morning. I'm stimulating for my brain and not intensive on my body. All in all, a great way to spend my day.

Now, In regards to Mobafire. When I first started playing league of legends, Obviously I was a noob. As is everyone when they first start. I wanted to get better, not just for self gratification but to help my teammates out. (Even when playing with random people). Mobafire was a website I heard another player talking about and when I logged on I noticed there were videos of Pros playing, Tips, Builds, Tricks, Articles, so on and so forth. I whole heartedly believe that Mobafire helped take my game to the next level, and consequently 3 levels after that. I am now a fierce competitor with the hopes of becoming a LoL Pro. Without Mobafire I don't know what I'd do. Thanks Guys. You are doing a wonderful thing for people like me.

Since We have expanded our giveaway we also selected 2 staff-picked runner ups for a guaranteed hat + stickers. OTG's comment was also very touching and really dug deep for what is great about MOBAFire, and wotuan's, well, it was just too perfect.

Ok you ready for some cold hard feels?

Here's why I love Mobafire; Over the past 2 years and my time being a Veteran, I have never been on a site were I've felt as welcome as Mobafire. Whenever a new member introduces themselves, a lot of the familiar faces join in and make that person feel really welcome.

I remember my initial introduction and how nicely everyone treated me.

next, this is a site dedicated to league of Legends, and what stands out about Mobafire to me, over other sites like lolKing or solomid, is that this community feels like more than just a meta-guide churning mill.

We converse, we analyze, we help others, we create, we adapt and discuss other possibilities. This community feels more real and accepting than other sites.

Finally, the people. Mobafire has some of the most awesome members around. They're always willing to lend a hand even if it's not about League. I posted a blog early last year detailing my struggles and fears of death and anxiety about it. I was greeted with many comments form the community ranging from similar stories, helpful advice and very heartwarming comments. being a part of this community has helped me in my actual life, as well as playing League of Legends and I'd like to thank you all for that.

Special Thanks to: GMD, Mowen, Veng, MissMaw, JhoiJhoi, Wayne, Hogopogo, Werepire, Sirell, Astrolia, tehAsian, Throatslasher, C4 Lasty, berzerk, DarkPercy, and Joxuu. You guys rock and have been extremely helpful to me all this time. :3

wotuan wrote:

Mobafire, Mobafire, how I love thee.
Amongst all who seek to aid the league's champions,
Who can compare?

So rich, full and complete are thy ways.
What could be desired except what is already given?
Your support of the league enables myself
to allow my plethora of steam titles to sit idly by
while I dance wildly through the fields of the league.

Such a glorious prize is the league,
Yet when facing it alone, as a ship on the vastness of the great sea,
The (moba)fire in the lighthouse is a welcome sight to a weary vessel.
Your beacon pierces my fearful heart,
filling it with hope and courage.

And hope I will as onward I battle
against the great enemies standing before me.
Seeking to invade my land, destroy my towers,
and quench the very nexus of my soul,
I need all thy help if victory is to be mine.

Burn brightly on great Mobafire, and let none quench the passion of thy flame.

There were so many wonderful comments, we simply had to have an honorable mentions section, read at your leisure. :)

honorable mentions

Here are the randomly selected winners:

• PhrozenDragon
  • GBrock
  • Niks Sketchy
  • Jawknee
  • Brytonik Leegend
  • Werepirelord
  • victorstrange

All winners will be notified via email and have 7 days to respond and claim their prize.

Here are a few words from the creators of the site and the MOBAFire Network, FlashJ and Matt:

FlashJ wrote:

Wow! On behalf of everyone who works tirelessy on MOBAFire I want to say how humbled we are to have helped so many passionte Summoners. When Matt and I first created MOBAFire we had no idea it would grow so big. We had an idea, just like so many of you do, to create something that might help others connect, share and learn about League. Fast forward over 4 years later and I can honestly say its been an honor to provde a venue that so many Summoner use to help fuel their passion. We reach millions of people every month, have 10 staff on our team, and have reached into other MOBA communities to provide the same tools and experience we have with league. With so much to do sometimes its easy to forget that so many people appreciate what you do, but to read these stories of your experiences and passion for MOBAFire really drives home the importance of what we have done, and continue to do, for so many passionte fans, just like us.

Thank you everyone ,for the wonderful comments and stories. It means a lot to myself, Matt and the rest of the MOBAFire team. Its your passion that keeps us punching keys & churning out code when we could be tower diving!

Small update: We are working hard to expand our team as the sheer size of the MOBAFire Network community has our existing team pushed to the limits. Once we grow our team everyone can look forward to some new, exciting features on MOBAFire, some clean up and updates on old ones and support for more of your favorite games, maybe even outside the MOBA genre.

Matt wrote:

The responses to this thread have put a huge smile on my face. It has been quite the journey for everyone involved. MOBAFire had the humblest of beginnings, and I am so happy to see where it is today! This is the best kind of reward, to know that we provide a place that players have embraced and turned in to a community they love. We go to great lengths to make MOBAFire as welcoming as possible to any and all summoners, but in the end it's all of you that truly make it great.

This is only the beginning, for all of us. We are busier than ever laying the ground work for the future of MOBAFire. Our team is growing, our tools are getting better every day, and we are surrounded by passionate players with endless talent and great ideas. I am honoured to be a part of this, and I am extremely excited to see what 2014 holds in store! It is going to be a great year :)

And of course, you know I love you guys! It was so fun and touching to read through all the comments and hear everybody's stories. Thanks to everyone that took the time to comment, it brightened our day!
-NA- Veng Lmfao
<Altruistic Artist>
-NA- Veng Lmfao's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 9:07pm | Report
Congratulations to all winners!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 9:16pm | Report
I won o.o omg. Thank you guys! MOBAfire for life. You guys rule.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 9:22pm | Report

I won o.o omg. Thank you guys! MOBAfire for life. You guys rule.

pls give me hat

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 9:24pm | Report
Never. I earned this swag. :[
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 10:08pm | Report
i demand a picture of you wearing the hat otg so i can put it on my wall
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 10:16pm | Report
Of course. Everyone should have a framed OTG picture anyway.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 10:31pm | Report
i already have 5 i just need another for my collection
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2014 10:39pm | Report
Oh, I thought it was all just random... I would've written more D:
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2014 1:52am | Report
Grats roboman :3
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide