Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guide Contest Winners!

Creator: PsiGuard March 18, 2015 5:09pm
1 2 3 4
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:09pm | Report

It's finally time to announce the winners of our Be Prepared! S5 Guide Contest! There were a lot of great guides that qualified for this contest, but sadly we could only pick one to win in each category. Check out the honorable mentions for more great guides for each category.

New Badges

In addition to physical and RP prizes, the author of the winning guide for each category will receive a unique badge for their profile. The badge will be linked to their guide so that anyone can easily check out their awesome guide with just one click!

Winners will also receive a unique title that goes along with their badge! Keep in mind that the badges and titles may take a little while to show up, so be patient!

Winners!

<Perfectionist>

My Potential is Limitless
Best in show. The guide with the overall best build, content, visuals, etc.

Vapora's Guide to Talon

Author: Vapora Dark

Prize: Astro A30 Headset, Razer Goliathus Mousepad + 7200 RP

Vapora's Talon guide was a top contender for several categories in the contest. This guide for Talon at a Master tier level is thorough and concise. Vapora focuses on what information you really need to know in order to succeed, even in the late game. The combination of concise information, clear strategies, and excellent presentation (with the help of MissMaw) makes this our best-in-show!

<Crowd Favorite>

One Thought Drives Us
Top rated guide at the start of Season 4, as decided by MOBAFire voters.

Nidalee Nyaaaaaaaa (^・ω・^ )

Author: Embracing

Prize: Signed Cloud 9 T-shirt, Cloud 9 Wristband + 7200 RP

Vapora's Talon guide actually slightly outstripped this one, but since we picked Vapora's for best-in-show, Embracing's comprehensive guide for Nidalee takes the top-rated spot -- and for good reason. This guide covers Nidalee gameplay in several roles and is excellently presented. For how much information is present, the guide doesn't seem overly lengthy and the graphics and other display elements help to get the reader all the way through the guide. Credit again goes to MissMaw for the coding!

<Lucky Charm>

It Ain't Luck, it's Destiny
Lady Luck is smiling. The guide that is randomly drawn from the list of eligible guides.

Top/Mid AP Kennen: Lane Dominance

Author: Xelaadryth

Prize: Cloud 9 T-shirt, Cloud 9 Wristband + 3450 RP

The lucky winner of this year's random draw is Xelaadryth and his guide for solo lane Kennen. This guide is pretty short and sweet, plus it's from a currently Diamond player so you can expect the build and strategies to be tested at a high level. Congratulations on winning the draw!

<Fabulous>

Let's Use ALL the Colors
The most fabulous guide. Best use of images, coding, etc to make the most visually pleasing and easy to read guide.

Ignition! Overwhelmingly Oppressive DPS

Author: Vengenator

Prize: Teemo Hat + 3450 RP

There were a lot of terrifically-coded guides in this contest, but the one that stood out the most to us was Vengenator's guide for Brand. Vengenator effectively utilizes space along with a red-orange color scheme and flaming graphics to stamp the guide with Brand's personality. The guide's content is also pretty good on its own, so feel free to give it more than just a glance!

honorable mentions

<King of the Hill>

Violence is Elegance
The overall best guide for a champion in the top role.

Khazem's Top Lane Riven

Author: Khazem

Prize: Riot T-shirt + Razer Goliathus Mousepad + 3450 RP

For those of you experiencing a moment of déjà vu, yes, this is the same guide as last year. Khazem has been diligent about updating and upgrading his guide from the year before and he successfully defended his title as MOBAFire's best author for top lane guides. This Riven guide is as accurate, detailed and organized as you could want.

honorable mentions

<Stalker>

A True Hunter Never Rests
The overall best guide for a champion in the jungler role.

Master 1 AD Jungle Malzahar - The Void's Legion

Author: Aqua Dragon

When you read "Master 1 AD Jungle Malzahar", there's only one author that it could be. Aqua Dragon prides himself on wacky, off-the-wall picks and strategies that can work at an exceptionally high level. This guide for AD jungle Malzahar is absurdly detailed. Aqua Dragon is always sure to add enough detail to convince readers that the strangest-looking strategies really have some thought behind him. If you're feeling curious, or even skeptical, give his guide a read!

honorable mentions

<Magic Man>

I Will Show You True Power
The overall best guide for a champion in the mid role.

-The Blade of Noxus-

Author: Emikadon

Emikadon's earned a spot in this year's contest with another fantastic guide. As usual, her presentation is clean, organized and enjoyable for the reader. The content of her guide covers everything you need to know about Katarina without dragging on and on. She even includes some clips from pro Katarina players to exemplify some of her advice. An all-around quality guide for Katarina in the mid lane.

honorable mentions

<Sharpshooter>

I Only Need One Shot
The overall best guide for a champion in the marksman role.

Caitlyn - IT'S A TARP

Author: Luther3000

Luther3000 is another successful defending champion of last year's guide contest. His updated guide for Caitlyn brings the excellence we saw in 2014 into the new ADC meta. Luther has a keen eye to any change that affects the ADC role and it really shows in how accurate his guide remains, even though it was quite different a year ago. Detailed gameplay sections are broken up by related icons and screenshots, making the whole guide pleasantly readable.

honorable mentions

<Wingman>

My Shield is My Sword
The overall best guide for a champion in the support role.

[S5 Leona Support] - Time to Shine

Author: MissMaw

MissMaw brings to light an aggressive support style with her Leona guide, including a ton of flat stats and 21 points into defense. As usual, her guide is neatly organized with small splashes of creativity to set the guide apart from the rest. All of the gameplay information is accurate and intelligently segmented into sections with headers so you can know what to expect while you read. A shining example of a support guide.

honorable mentions

Thanks for writing all these awesome guides, and I hope everyone enjoys these guide features and may they help you "Be Prepared" for your ranked journey this season.

If you are a winner you will be contacted via email this week to coordinate prizing.

Judges

Our judges helped with going through all the guides that qualified for each category, to help us pick out the best of the best. Thanks to all our judges for helping make this contest possible!

jhoijhoi

Judged: Let's Use ALL the Colors
LevasK

Judged: A True Hunter Never Rests
wboyce

Judged: I Will Show You True Power
Joxuu

Judged: I Only Need One Shot
Vynertje

Judged: My Shield is My Sword
Wayne3100

Judged: Violence is Elegance, My Potential is Limitless, Final Review
PsiGuard

Judged: My Potential is Limitless, General Guides, Final Review
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:15pm | Report
Congratulations to the winners :)
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:17pm | Report
yay
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:17pm | Report
Congratulations for the winners.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:26pm | Report
Congratulations!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:35pm | Report
omg i actually won... ;w;
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:41pm | Report
omg i actually won... ;w;

You lucker!11!

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:45pm | Report
Congrats Everyone :)
Sig by The_Nameless_Bard
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2015 5:46pm | Report