Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire 2017 Guide Contest

Creator: PsiGuard November 14, 2016 2:46pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 2:46pm | Report

Contest will close Wednesday, December 14 at 11:59 P.M. PST

It's that time of year again! We're back with a new guide contest for the 2017 season! All you have to do to enter is create or update a quality Champion or General guide and keep it updated throughout the coming month!

For your guide to be eligible for the contest all you have to do is have the build and guide contest fully updated for the 2017 season, fulfill the requirements to be considered a full guide and reach a certain score threshold. This applies to older guides that have been updated, or completely new guides. If you fake your updates, do not fully update your guide content, break guide rules or cheat in any way your guide will be disqualified at our discretion.

The top-rated and random draw categories should be pretty straightforward. The other categories will be judged by diamond (or above) players, with the best guide in each category winning a prize.

We want to see all kinds of great guides to help prepare readers for the new season. There are many ways to win these great prizes, so write a guide for what you're best at! Please set the role your guide is intended for in the "Guide Settings" on the right sidebar so we can more easily browse through them. Guides can only win one category.

Categories and Prizes

In addition to the other prizes the winner will receive a special badge for their profile that matches the category they won. You can see the prizes for winning each category in the descriptions below. Winners can choose their favorite Champion Figurine, but it must be in stock.

Perfection Isn't Good Enough - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 2800 RP

Best in show. The guide with the overall best build, content, visuals, etc.

My, How They Stare - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 2800 RP

Top rated guide at the conclusion of the contest, as decided by MOBAFire voters.

Feelin' Lucky? - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 650 RP

Lady Luck is smiling. The guide that is randomly drawn from the list of eligible guides.

You Shine Brightly - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The most fabulous guide. Best use of images, coding, etc to make the most visually pleasing and easy to read guide.

This Blade's My Favorite - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for one of the 10 reworked assassin champions. This includes Talon, Katarina, LeBlanc, Rengar, Fizz, Kha'Zix, Akali, Zed, Ekko, and Shaco.

I Stand Resolute - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the top role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

Nature Isn't Always Gentle - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the jungle role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

Knowledge Through Disintegration - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the mid role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

I Always Shoot First - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the marksman role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

To Protect All - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the support role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

Remember, you do not have to rush your guide-writing. We want you guys to take your time and put in your best effort. You will have 30 days from the start of the contest. All eligible guides at the cutoff date will be reviewed by our panel of judges, and the winners selected. Remember, if parts of your guide are outdated your guide may be disqualified, so be sure to be thorough!

I look forward to all the awesome guides that will come out of this contest to help all sorts of players navigate the 2017 season.

Fine Print:

• Guide can be Champion or General type, remember to set your roles in guide settings. For some categories, only Champion guides are eligible.
  • Open to registered MOBAFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your guide!
  • Contest is worldwide.
  • Prizes are shipped from Canada. International winners are responsible to pay for any import fees, taxes or other charges that may be applicable depending on location.
  • Contest will be closed 30 days after the start of the contest.
  • After contest is closed there will be a 2 week judging period.
  • Winners will be notified by email after the judging period and will have 7 days to claim their prize.
  • Chosen Figurine prize must be in stock.

Get writing!
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Elusive Ferret's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 2:51pm | Report
Ooo, contest is earlier this year. I take it that's because of the Season also starting earlier this time?
I can't take back the words I never said
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 3:20pm | Report
Oh god I was going to write a new guide for the contest and now I'm under pressure Psi
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 3:25pm | Report
Ooo, contest is earlier this year. I take it that's because of the Season also starting earlier this time?

Yep, wanted to get the announcement out during preseason to encourage people to write or update guides. The end of the contest is shortly before the new ranked season, so it'll be nice to have a lot more quality guides out there for when people start ranking in S7.

Quoted:
Oh god I was going to write a new guide for the contest and now I'm under pressure Psi

You still have a month!
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 3:28pm | Report
Yeah it's definitely good motivation for people to get their Guides updated for Season 7!
taker13
<Member>
taker13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 3:50pm | Report
Not expecting winning anything since there so good guide writers here!! But it feels like a challenge to make something better or beautiful . Motivation is rising up! Let's do this guys!! May the best mans/womens wins!!!
"Come quietly or there will be… trouble"
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 7:05pm | Report
taker13 wrote:
Not expecting winning anything since there so good guide writers here!! But it feels like a challenge to make something better or beautiful . Motivation is rising up! Let's do this guys!! May the best mans/womens wins!!!

There's always the random draw! ^_^

Plus who knows, you might surprise yourself.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 7:55pm | Report

MAOKAI GUIDE INTENSIFIES

True love is found only in yourself.
Elusive Ferret
<Crowd Favorite>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 8:43pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

MAOKAI GUIDE INTENSIFIES

Speaking of the Tree, how is he in Season 7? I have yet to get a chance to play him since I'm only playing Ahri/Irelia atm.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 14, 2016 9:27pm | Report

Speaking of the Tree, how is he in Season 7? I have yet to get a chance to play him since I'm only playing Ahri/Irelia atm.

He's kinda alright. The Krug camp is super good for him now since he just clears with really fast with all the AoE and super weak Krugs, more raptors for more gold and xp is nice too. You just kinda stay away from Blue side jungle unless you need the buff there and you get real good things. You can smite any camp now so your health is overall higher, and you can lane-smite for combat heals too. The ~35% max HP shield is way good. It doesn't even make me miss SotA. And Greenfather's Gift helps the jungle clear too. It's not like he's gonna be a top pick any time soon, but he's definitely better than he was.
True love is found only in yourself.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide