Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Celebrity - DEWO

Creator: Mowen November 12, 2013 3:02pm
1 2
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2013 3:02pm | Report

Now it’s time for a MOBAFire Celebrity that will be recognized mostly by the older MOBAFire members, but should provide some really interesting history for newer MOBAFire members and LoL players.

DEWO is the oldest MOBAFire member to still visit the site regularly. DEWO was one of the first Veterans, the first Moderator, the only member to sport a badge (for his crazy amount of posts) and was greatly appreciated for the many quality guides he made. He has been using MOBAFire and playing LoL so long, you might be surprised how some things were “back in the day.”

Enjoy the read! I know I did. :)

Why did you join MOBAFire?

• I joined MOBAfire in search of a reliable, easy to use (in both creating and reading) tool to share my ideas about champions. At that time was also looking for basic champion information. At the time I joined, there was no place that could even be close to what MOBAFire offered. Sure it was very simple, but it was something I was looking for. I really like plain ideas that actually work. It didn’t have the community that LeagueCraft had at that time but the site offered a way better build/guide tools that any other.

How did MOBAFire improve your League of Legends experience?

• At first it didn’t improve it much. That is because we were struggling with a flow of really bad and poor quality content (that is: builds and guides) back then. That was why the name of my 1st guide about Master Yi is such and is not going to be changed. To show other people for real that this is not another 30 sec made build but actually a full guide, I added "Not a spam build" to the name, and it has stood like that till this day :D

We cannot forget that community improved my experience by simply noticing me, giving me feedback via comments (there were no forums back then), people trying to play with me because they wanted to see how jungling works. So I can say that it's the community that had the biggest impact on me in improving my League of Legends experience from being just another game to really getting into it as much as I could. I always said, that it is not about the score of the guide it is about those people that found help reading them. So - good job MOBAFire community. You are the core of this site, and you have the biggest influence on improving other players experience :)

How has your MOBAFire experience changed throughout your stay here?

• I kind of already started that topic in previous question. Early MOBAFire had its issues, such as no place to "hang out" or talk about other topics than what items you should use with this build etc. It was plain, and simple. You were looking for a build or guide to the champion you liked, and you found it here. MOBAFire gave you the option to vote and comment what you have found. It was all about improving your guide, with new ideas, to make them up to date with latest patch notes or as for me finding a better, faster, more efficient way to clear the jungle or get to lvl 6 as fast as possible. When you did that you focused on replying to your readers comments below the guide. The biggest step forward was when Matt introduced MOBAFire Forums :) From that day the experience changed diametrically. MOBAfire showed that it already had a great community that was lurking inside many many guides. All it needed to blossom was Forums. When I first had to back up a bit from the site due to real life issues, work etc there were even more and more changes coming out. Expanding the site to the state it is now. And I think it has everything I ever would want from this site and even more.

What is a memorable moment you had involving MOBAFire?

• There were many. Writing my first guide. Getting 3 of them in top10. Getting contact from Matt to talk about the site and my view on it. Forums introduction. Getting the most post badge. Being promoted to the 1st moderator on the site.

What keeps you coming back to MOBAFire?

• Community. I really like the certain group of people here. I enjoy staying here just talking with people, interacting with them, moderating the forums. Goofing around etc. Those memories of good times when people weren’t that obsessed about competitive play brings me back all the time. Also I always liked to help players get better. The feeling that someone out there had a great time using my tips or improving at the game after reading my guide is the biggest reward a guide maker can get. And helping is addicting :)

What are you looking forward to on MOBAFire?

• MOBAFire at the state it is now has absolutely everything I could ever dream of and even more. I am still waiting for the MOBAFire Poland though :) Maybe I am looking forward to work with MOBAFire or even for MOBAFire again :D

Can you tell us about your journey with League of Legends? What was the experience like when you started, and what is it like now?

• Oh, the old days :D Damn it was way different. Not particularly better but different. I started as a former DOTA player. I really liked the idea of LoL being more focused on PvP than CS'ing. It was easier to access (well if you don’t count problems with EU servers back then) and it had a reconnect option which was innovative for its time. I always liked the old jungle, despite the fact of being called a noob, idiot, ****** etc. Players didn’t even think that someone can actually start and play in the jungle. It was hard. It was rewarding.

As the game progressed and came into the Seasons 1,2,3 it became meta driven. It became repetitive. No more crazy duo lanes. Jungle became really easy (which got fixed by one of the patches). The game became more stiff, but also players became more skilled, apart from those flamers, afkers, throwers, purpose feeders. and ragequitters - I don’t remember the old times having THAT much of this, but also the community was way smaller.

The game now is still one of my favorites. I play it often. I like how Riot implemented divisions, tiers etc. You feel now that you are actually achieving something, progressing. The game receives balance patches fast, since it became very competitive and received a lot of recognition it deserved. But I liked the old time goofy game experience just as much as I like normals now.

Who's your favorite champion and why?

• This was changing through my journey with League of Legends. My 1st ever favorite champion was Veigar. I really like this little son... *cough*, even now. I really like ****ting rainbows on other players’ heads. 1st champion that I ever bought was... (you would never guess that) Cho'gath. Just because i really liked how he looked :D

My 1st champion that I was just melting faces with was Master Yi and he still is one of my favorites, but the meta game just requires him to play different from what I was always doing. Way back then, when I was summoner lvl 20+, I started to jungle... REALLY to jungle 24/7. That is when Warwick became my beloved champion. I really liked the champion itself, the way he looked, the way he talked, and the way he played. He was one of the very small pool of champions that could jungle at all, and he stayed as my favorite champion for a very, very long time. Pity he is not "viable" that much. Or rather there are better options to pick instead of him. Due to the fact I started early I had to play many maaaany champions, since we were usually running a crazy lanes matchups all the time.

Nowadays I usually pick one of the following:

Top: Darius or Irelia.
    Mid: Ahri, Karthus, Annie.
    Bot: Cait, MF, Blitz, Nida, Lux
    I rarely jungle (yea.. WTF), usually with Rengar.
    But there are many many picks I love to get. Nowadays, my favorite lane is mid.

You've been playing for so long, do you have any amusing stories about how champions or items were before they were balanced?

• Way too long Mowen :D Every game has its story. Many people tend to see only those won, fed game stories as something worth mentioning. My favorites are those when my teammates go from "surrender at 20" to "we won a 4v5 WTF". Unfortunately, that doesn’t happen so often.

One of the games I will remember is when I was playing with my friends on lvl like 5-10, and we got a Shaco player in enemy team. Of course we didn’t have any clue how to play that champion; others didn’t even knew what he was doing at all. This was the 1st time I saw a skilled player in League of Legends. The things that Shaco was doing were like magic to us. I know we were newbs but the experience of that game is really memorable.

As for items... Give back Innervating Locket! Hehe

When do you have the most fun playing League of Legends?

• The most fun I had is 1st MOBAFire championship I think. Those preparations I did with Scrax mainly, researching other teams best picks, weaknesses, what to ban, what to pick, when and why etc. This was my 1st ever competitive experience on a high level. There was no flaming, just pure cooperation. It is a rare thing even in those 5v5 premades now on ranked. I really liked the team and I really enjoyed the beta championship. Other than that... I enjoy just playing normal goofy games with my friends most.

What are you looking forward to in League of Legends?

• More tools to exclude toxic players from destroying other people experience in the game. Less focus on the $$$ side of the game. More reworks of the older or non viable champions.

What’s another game that you are very fond of, and why?

• I really like Counter-Strike. Playing CS from 1.0 till this day in CS:GO. I also loved Quake 2 Multiplayer Q2DM1 and my first instagib experience in there, but my friends don’t want to play it with me :) It is not fun for them. I usually attend a LAN party every year with my friends and we play Unreal Tournament game etc.

At this point I am mostly playing LoL, CS:GO, Diablo 3 (yea yea i know but i really love Diablo... 1, 2 and even 3). I am waiting also for Arma 3 to become playable without problems and for DayZ Standalone. I really like RTS games too W40K for example.

I have a lot of games in queue to play, but not enough time to do so.

I want to play Amnesia again, especially now when it has a sequel.

Who is your favorite superhero, and why?

• When i was young it was Superman till Doomsday Saga. Why? Hmmm in those days I didn’t have that many options :D

I really liked the look of Lobo and Spawn, but, to be honest, are those even considered a superHEROes?

I also liked Carnage and Venom from The Amazing Spiderman comics. But those are villains too... I think I am more of a villain-man than superhero-man.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?

• That is a tough question since I would like to go to so many places. I never was a traveler. I have a sea, mountains, and lakes in my own country and flying was a bit too expensive to travel around the world much.

I definitely would like to visit Australia, Japan, USA, Peru and Thailand.

My dream for almost 20 years is to visit the "Zone" around Chernobyl and Pripet. I know it is close to me but it is not that easy to gather funds and time to do so. But I will make this one come true :)

Do you have any funny stories from when you were a child?

• I took a brick and purposely thrown it at my sister scoring my 1st headshot in my life. But is it funny? :D

DEWO made so many contributions to MOBAFire, I was glad to have the chance to get his interview and I hope that you guys found it interesting even if you weren't familiar with him. Thank you for all you've done DEWO!

Thanks to Minho for my sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2013 11:02pm | Report
DEWO wrote:
One of the games I will remember is when I was playing with my friends on lvl like 5-10, and we got a Shaco player in enemy team. Of course we didn’t have any clue how to play that champion; others didn’t even knew what he was doing at all. This was the 1st time I saw a skilled player in League of Legends. The things that Shaco was doing were like magic to us. I know we were newbs but the experience of that game is really memorable.

For me it was a Twitch who knew where the jungler would be at all points of the game.

Fun interview, Dewo :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 8:48am | Report
brick shot too strong. another fun interview. gj.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 9:04am | Report
HEY IT'S DEWO!

I remember early Mobafire/League too, although I didn't know you were here before there were even forums :O

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 11:28am | Report
Hehe it was realy a big pleasure for me to take this interview.

Nice to see those oldies still here and to be remembered :P

Thx for all :')

@jhoijhoi Well when i had that shaco, there was no such thing as a jungler :D anyone not on lane was getting a huge verbal beating.

@Nighthawk, i was mainly commenting builds giving feedback and my thoughts. I might not stumbled across your guide/build if you had any by that time.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 11:49am | Report
DEWO wrote:

Hehe it was realy a big pleasure for me to take this interview.

Nice to see those oldies still here and to be remembered :P

Thx for all :')

@jhoijhoi Well when i had that shaco, there was no such thing as a jungler :D anyone not on lane was getting a huge verbal beating.

@Nighthawk, i was mainly commenting builds giving feedback and my thoughts. I might not stumbled across your guide/build if you had any by that time.

I never had a guide when I started, I was doing the same thing you were, just commenting on guides and stuff. Don't think I even went to the forums for a while after I joined :P

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 2:24pm | Report
while i did post a few guides (archived because i can't give a **** about making guides anymore) i mostly just buzzed the forums.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 3:26pm | Report
Glad you guys enjoyed DEWO's interview!

I'm pretty sure I signed up to comment on one of DEWO's threads about some LoL Fanart by an artist I loved. :)

caucheka wrote:

while i did post a few guides (archived because i can't give a **** about making guides anymore) i mostly just buzzed the forums.

Yeah I remember you for posting in the forums mostly. I'm pretty sure you answered one of my first posts when I was asking for help in the new player help forum! You had a hilarious taric avatar at the time. :)
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 4:07pm | Report
Nice interview :)
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 13, 2013 9:53pm | Report
After looking at this I went to some of the older pages in the general discussions thread Mobafire has really come a long way, and I'm glad we have a veteran like DEWO on-board who has been on that long.
Sig by The_Nameless_Bard
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide