Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

New Expired Guide Filters Added!

Creator: Matt September 16, 2011 3:59am
1 2
gabpin
<Member>
gabpin's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 12:56pm | Report
Btw just adding a letter in your guide put it back to fresh ? or you have to do like some sentences ? JUST wondering :)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 4:33pm | Report
all you have to do is click publish.

but most ppl who have outdated guides never come back to the site, so it will still eliminate a lot of old guides.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 2:34am | Report
What he said, just edit -> publish, done. Of course, if your guide IS outdated and you do this without bringing it up to date, you're probably going to start getting trolled ;)

In regards to restricting this based on whether a champion has changed or not... It's much more complicated. Just because a champion didn't change, the rest of the game did. Balance changes to other champions and items will affect your own guide. Not as much as direct changes to your champion but still, after 6 patches of general balance changes, you should at least come back and review your guide and make sure everything is still valid.

Additionally, if a guide hasn't been published in several patches, despite this feature, that means the author is not around to answer questions and discuss their guide with visitors. Let alone do updates. We would rather promote the currently active authors.
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 6:11pm | Report
Great job!
HtG DarkElf
<Member>
HtG DarkElf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 1:36am | Report
Matt wrote:

We've just launched some major updates to the "freshness" features that were added recently. Previously we had three levels of guide freshness: Ideal, Fresh and Stale. There is now a fourth level, "Expired". When a guide reaches the Expired level, it will now be filtered out of various places on the site

my guide has expired becausse i was at holidays and didnt have time to refrash it
can u help me please?
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2012 8:04am | Report
I have responded to your thread in general. Republishing your guide will update its freshness filter. Just make sure to update your guide to reflect any new changes before republishing.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide