Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Patch 3.8 notes

Creator: Mowen June 10, 2013 7:54pm
25 posts - page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Xylarboden
<Member>
Xylarboden's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 8:50am | Report
Noooooooooooooooo not Sonaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 1:07pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

^ Something that is random is awesome for stealing or preventing a steal? What, because you can rely on it to maybe give you a proc? That doesn't make sense. With this change, you won't have to worry about not getting procs in a game because of bad luck (in which case you might end up being low health for no good reason and you won't be able to gank). You also wont randomly steal blue buff from your mid laner anymore because of a proc. This is a change that was very much needed.

The ward duration may be short, but so is the cooldown. I'm not sure how it'll work out, but it's not necessarily a terrible change. The 100 bonus damage on jungle creeps (instead of 60), increased AD and Lifesteal also make it a very interesting choice for offensive junglers who auto attack a lot.

Why would farming be harder now? And if it is, how can your wolves be "easily stolen", wouldn't the enemy jungler struggle with farming too?

I mean, sure, your camps spawn a bit late, but two of them will respawn more often while the blue and red buff will both get a huge increase on experience gained to compensate for not being able to start at wolves/wraiths. Also, keep in mind that with bot lane's ability to clear golems before going to lane, this was once again a much needed change.

And finally, as for starting items, Riot admitted earlier they pretty much screwed over laners by nerfing the Elixir of Fortitude start as well as limiting the amount of Health Potions at any point in the game to 5, which made it a lot harder to find item starts that included having a ward. Now they're giving laners a few more options (such as Boots + 2x Health Potion + Sight Ward), as they promised they would.

I'm sorry, but your post makes no sense at all to me.

The fact that you can't rely on it also makes that the enemy waiting to smite it down has a harder time to hit it. By making the damage consistent it's a lot easier to predict when you should smite. Imagine a fight started around blue buff. The strength of the inconsistent proc because the enemy jungler knew it could maybe proc. Of course it also has it's benefits to have consistent damage, but I would still consider it a nerf to the jungler role itself, in terms of needing one when taking a quick dragon for example. I can understand you not agreeing on this though, I suppose this is just my crazy implementation of the facts.

What can a jungler possibly do with 60 seconds? It's just enough to be able to get the spawn time of enemy small camps, but I think it'll be hard to invade a jungle every minute to see when the buffs spawn. It's fun if you want to ward a new spot every minute, but otherwise it's a waste of time and a risk. And you get some small bonuses indeed, but the recipe price now is 400 higher. 5 180-second sight warda. There are more lifesteal items and I think they are a better choice. I would still buy a Madred's Razors though.

The last paragraph was supposed to be a mind quote. With "farming is a lot harder now" I referred to the increase of the camp strenght with the beginning of S3.

I think the camps can more easily be stolen because they respawn faster. I spend a lot of time ganking most of the time, a farming jungler can now more easily take my camps before I get there. And warding the camps with a lantern means having to walk past it every minute.

With hopelessly farming I meant that farming the jungle isn't your best bet on getting the most gold of your team, but due to camps spawning more often the chances that junglers will are higher because of the potential danger of the enemy jungler to do it in their place.

These patches make, in my opinion, the early game of the junglers worse, and the early game of the laners better. This makes the early of the junglers even worse. Also, it discourages ganking because farming will take more time(due to faster spawning), the chances of getting a camp stolen while you're ganking is higher and the early game of quite some laners is better again.

Overall I meant to say that I think this patch nerfs the average jungler as a benefit to the team pretty hard.

Thanks for taking the time to tell me why you think my reasoning is bad(and by explaining it I don't mean I think it isn't), comments like this really help my overall game understanding I guess.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
InfinityShad0w
<Member>
InfinityShad0w's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 8:11pm | Report
Khazix nerf ;_;
dugiedugie
<Member>
dugiedugie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2013 10:16am | Report
Overall good changes, creating a more balanced game (e.g. bot lane having an even field). The jungle change however will most likely create more invasions and have a larger impact if stolen due to the higher exp gained. consistency is also a great addition to knockback and slow abilities so overall good patch :)
IGN: Dugiedugie Na looking for any 5 v 5 ranked teams (gold or higher)

currently an Artist that can take and champion suggestion / idea and produce it in these mediums (charcoal, graphite, colour pencils and watercolour). Will post the final production through a PM or other means.
Dangerkolbi
<Member>
Dangerkolbi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 24, 2013 9:50am | Report

Aatrox

x is op character.. i hate his lifesteal

Send me a friend request:)
Favorite Champions: Nidalee,Fizz,Katarina
I AM FROM SLOVAKIA
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions: