Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Patch 6.9 Summary

Creator: PsiGuard May 3, 2016 5:12pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2016 10:42pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

It's complicated. Decrepify was by far the best bullying option versus melees after Torment, but since they nerfed Nevermove's snare duration to scale with levels it became much harder for Swain to fight ranged mages: even if you caught them, the window of opportunity to do more was shortened. It also offered much needed waveclear.

Now I'm not sure, I tried Decrepify max but it felt slightly lacklustre, and Torment did get an AP scalling buff, sitting now at 1.0. Once you finish the hextech thingy (+80 AP) + Doran's + your own ap, it should deal a solid ~300 damage at max level before you get other items. I think what they're trying to do is give Swain more engage potential/cs'ing with Q and W versus ranged matchups and tone down his tendency to bully melee matchups. An example would be Yasuo: he's much harder for Swain to deal with now since he can just E away from your Q and block your Torment, whereas in the past Decrepify was a powerful tool, specially paired with AAs, to try and force him to cast W.

For now my thoughts lie on Q max vs immobile matchups because it gives you self-peel, farm, harass and poke and E max vs mobile ones since otherwise they can play around your Q with relative ease, out trading you hard.

In my head, I was thinking of an area targetable Decrepify as more of a zoning tool that allows you to predict where you can drop Nevermove. E.g. Pop it on a minion that is about to die near the enemy champion. They have to move away or get picked up by Decrepify when the minion dies. That should limit the number of choices the enemy champion can move. Though with both spells in play if you miss with Nevermove all your self peel is gone unless you have your ult and it is potent enough to cause your antagonist to reconsider molesting you.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 2:08am | Report
It can be used as a zoning tool, but it's also relatively easy to play around. Ironically, one of the best areas to use it to zone is when enemy laner is pushed under tower, since it limits their options a bit and allows you to get other abilities in (it's ironic because Swain used to be pretty awful at pushing)
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 8:06am | Report
Other than Malz/Brand being busted, Vlad/Annie/Syndra/ seem better and pretty good. Cass feels garbage but maybe you have to run some janky *** build in order to make her work, idk. Swain probably still not good. Vel'Koz definitely nerfed and Viktor not sure might be ok
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 8:20am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
It can be used as a zoning tool, but it's also relatively easy to play around. Ironically, one of the best areas to use it to zone is when enemy laner is pushed under tower, since it limits their options a bit and allows you to get other abilities in (it's ironic because Swain used to be pretty awful at pushing)

I did manage to squeeze in a custom game with him before bed last night. AA speed definitely helps with last hitting. And you can actually push a wave with him. That in itself offers opens up a lot of other options. Namely roaming and using your catch potential, which just wasn't all that feasible before - "Look at me. I pushed a wave in. Oh, the other wave is already here. I'll have to push that out too before I can do something else. Oh ****, I'm out of mana, now I need to back." :/

Will have to try the screwing with people under tower aspect when I get a chance.

Totally staying out of ranked for a week though. Updated champions, items, and objectives. Yeah, that is a recipe for mass confusion and a whole lot of WTF.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 11:01am | Report
In other news, does anyone else think Annie's Summon: Tibbers is incredibly ******ed now? I don't know why, but I always find her new ult somewhat disgusting... not to mention what happens if you kill her.
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 12:01pm | Report
It makes sense he'd go into a rage if someone kills Annie, rather than just evaporate. Sux for enemy though.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 12:28pm | Report
i just played an annie game

3 infernal dragons, rabadons, blue buff, elder dragon.

walking around with 1k ap, go up to their back line. one shot it with tibbers.

this is balanced, everything is fine.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 12:39pm | Report
i just played an annie game

3 infernal dragons, rabadons, blue buff, elder dragon.

walking around with 1k ap, go up to their back line. one shot it with tibbers.

this is balanced, everything is fine.

Speaking of one shots, I won't even go into how a Veigar literally pressed R on me ( Jhin) and killed me. Unfortunately for him, I also have badass crits that one shot him :^)
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 12:57pm | Report
Just tried Malzahar and his new W feels so clunky against ANYTHING that isn't just standing there. What a letdown. Sure he still seems broken af as a jungler but I'm definitely sure now they could've just given him the new passive and moved the old one to one of his abilities. Hell, if they felt he needed more voidlings they could've reduced the spell usage countdown at later levels.

It just sucks that people had such a horrible opinion of his old W when it was so good with Rilay's update, great zoning tool, amazing versus tanks, great to pick up someone with, follow with E and then just bone them. Voidlings..urk.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2016 1:03pm | Report
Actually I saw a lot of complaints about his W specifically because it was so strong vs tanks, which kind of explains why Riot nerfed its tank busting not too long ago.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide