Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Update! New Champion Pages! New QA Section! More!

Creator: Matt November 16, 2012 12:42am
1 2
Linear
<Member>
Linear's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 18, 2012 9:59am | Report
Looks a lot like the Reddit page.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 10:04am | Report
@PsiGuard and jhoijhoi, what do you mean exactly? Like have a "Questions" tab on your guide, and the questions there are fed from the QA system, like we have on the Champion pages?

@Linear, actually we took a lot of inspiration for it from Stack Exchange, you will probably find it looks a lot more like that :)
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 19, 2012 2:32pm | Report
That's a good idea too, having a Q&A tab that filters the Q&A into the Q&A domain - actually, that'd be amazing. Could you make it so that all Ashe guides have the same Q&A for Ashe? That way, multiple Ashe authors would be able to answer Ashe related questions via the Q&A tab on their guides. That would be completely amazing. It would also mean, if the Ashe guide is wrong, the Q&A will be able to sort things straight. The Q&A tab would also draw more traffic to that area. Could the Q&A tab just be exactly the same as on the champion page? That would probably be the easiest way to do it, right?

What I actually meant was in the toolbar when commenting in the forums or guides etc. We have picks and bans etc, I was wondering if Q&A could be included too (may be a bit too hard to code, I wouldn't know). Instead you could just have a prominent "Ask A Question" button somewhere, like to the right of the guide itself, so if people miss the Q&A tab, they are prompted by an extra button.

Additionally, you could have a Q&A bar at the top of every forum, so people are more inclined to use the Q&A function than making a forum topic ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 20, 2012 7:03pm | Report
I was thinking a separate Q&A tab using the new system as well as the current Discussion tab. That way authors would be able to answer questions in a different location than the regular "I just went 9/1/20, love this guide!" It would also help other readers be able to look to see if someone else has asked their question already. Sort of like a built-in FAQ generated by readers.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 10:13pm | Report
Sorry for necro, but is there a specific reason why only the first post can get +rep from an answer? Even if a replier clarifies an idea, or completely rebuffs one? :P
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 23, 2012 11:07pm | Report
Possibly they are afraid of it being too much in such a small area? I will make sure to bring this to their attention though, it may be unintended.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide