Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Cheap laptop? (Gaming)

Creator: screwblum January 9, 2012 10:17pm
52 posts - page 3 of 6
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 1:01pm | Report
Tablets and smartphones are better choices in mobile devices for real gamers imo.
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 1:04pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Tablets and smartphones are better choices in mobile devices for real gamers imo.

Why?

Don't hate, it's too big a burden to bear.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 1:25pm | Report
Because they're much more mobile. A tablet is like 1/5 of the weight of a laptop and it has more than double the battery time of laptops. A smartphone weighs like 100 grams and fits in your pocket.
They allow you to do a ton of things, only falling behind laptops on the gaming area, but desktop>laptop in that area anyways.
So if you want the best mobility and the best gaming experience you're better off without a laptop.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 1:39pm | Report
There's keyboards that you can plug in. l0l.

omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 2:10pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Yheah, cause i can boot up Bf 3 on my android tablet and run it in a smooth 60 frames per second.

I said this to many times today.

Get of your high horse.

Edit: I am sorry for what i said Sears, i see it now! How cant i be a "real" gamer when using a laptop instead of a tablet, i mean, its so much easier to play angry birds on the tablet. See that's for true gamers! /Sarcasm.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
screwblum
<Member>
screwblum's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 4:12pm | Report
I read the first page and assumed all the other pages are like that. Sorry for the people that actually tried to help. This thread is full of just plain arguments.

I want a laptop, not a PC. I am mobile, A LOT.

Tablet for gaming? I have a Kindle Fire, thats enough for apps, music, and books. Not hardcore gaming.

Im low in money but need a new computer for school work. I just wanted to have a little gaming boost added into it.

But I got help from my Computers teacher instead, he gave me a screen and cable to hook up to my laptop to use when at home, and put up with it on-the-go.

But all in all, thank you to who tried to help me. For everyone else, stop arguing? Now I see why poeple are leaving Mobafire. Everyone argues! Even over simple stuff like this!

Thank you WrathWaffleWarrior, spooon, L1LShadow, JEFFY40HANDS, jhoijhoi and palzm for the sigs :3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 4:25pm | Report
People are leaving, people are coming, but I doubt they leave because of an argument about laptop vrs PC >:P

I only came to reinforce that for gaming Desktop > Laptop easily ^_^

GL on your search for the laptop of you dreams l0l
WaffleWarrior
<Member>
WaffleWarrior's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2012 7:40pm | Report
Look into an ACER laptop. They are very dependable and actually pretty strong for the price.

Thanks for the amazing sigs Brynolf,JEFFY40HANDS, Katoki, and myself
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 1:48am | Report
I use a laptop cuz then i can subtract the VAT and use it for Work as well(also there is the added bonus, that i actually CAN use it for work)
Danish VAT is 25%.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2012 1:54am | Report
I do have this ACER laptop that I customized. I use it for school, projects, and casual gaming when I'm on a huge break waiting for my next class or sometimes I play it in class.

Although the price range isn't $400-500 USD, this cost me $1100 and it's a strong purchase. I have to admit that the keyboard adjustment sucks *** because I'm used to play with my keyboard a bit tilted towards the left, but I still play LoL with full fps (herp, this game isn't really high in requirements though) and BF3 with High while reaching a nice 57-60 constant FPS.

There is NO way that you can beat a desktop ever, but if you are a mobile person (like me sometimes, when I'm at school or whatnot, or I go to my friend's house and play BF3 with him), an EXPENSIVE laptop is the way to go. You cannot cheap out on any laptop ever if you decide to game (yes, even casual gaming).

Then you have to make sure your video card is good, your processor, etc.

(Edit: herp derp, nothing beats my sexy amd phenom II x4. dat desktop 2 stronk. my desktop prob cost me over $1600 after constant upgrading parts, new hard drives, portable hard drives, ram, changing video cards, etc)
(Discontinued)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide