Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guildwars 2 Beta

Creator: Darcurse February 23, 2012 9:23am
65 posts - page 4 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 10:41am | Report
Besides which the whole point of a subscription fee for MMOs is supposedly to pay for the new content being added to the game. You don't expect new content to be released for RPG or FPS games that you buy up front.

Guild Wars has no subscription fee and thus you shouldn't be expecting a lot of additional free content to be added. **** costs money to develop son.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 11:28am | Report
Yea, but many times it's the new content that kills the game. I prefer the "pay up front" model.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 24, 2012 1:11pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Besides which the whole point of a subscription fee for MMOs is supposedly to pay for the new content being added to the game. You don't expect new content to be released for RPG or FPS games that you buy up front.

Guild Wars has no subscription fee and thus you shouldn't be expecting a lot of additional free content to be added. **** costs money to develop son.

They're gonna have an In-game shop and they will release expansions. :3

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 4:44am | Report
The problem with subscription is that if you stop paying you aren't allowed to play what you paid for.

WoW Example:
1. I get WoW up to WotLK.
2. I don't want Cataclysm.
3. I have to pay subscriptions to play the game even though NOTHING is being added in the "game" I play.

GW Example:
1. I get GW.
2. I don't want the next expansion
3. I don't have to pay extra for something I'm not going to play.

If you're going to buy the next expansion or keep paying the subscription then there's really no difference between the models since you're going to pay anyway. The difference is that when you don't want to buy the expansion you can keep playing what you paid for.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 5:01am | Report
i wouldnt worry about bad specs, since the devs need to test loads of different systems, i hope i get in so much, do we have a official gw2 off topic thread? :o
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 6:07am | Report
Hoping to be chosen for Beta. I'm looking for a MMORPG and GW2 looks awesome.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 2:21pm | Report
LaronX wrote:

Ehm... the first part was about PvE i just gave PvP as an additonal exampel. But once more Fractions and Nightfall are not Add ons. Only Eye of the North was and add-on and it was worth i price in my opinino as it added a lote. Now to the no free dlc or updatet content QQ. First of all there are events from time to time. Seconde the orginal one(Prophecies) got the war at kryta and the nother hearts as free content. Both added a hugh story part aswell as new areas and items. Then fractions got wind of change witch just atm at its third part dunno if that is the final part or not i did not finish it yet as it is hugh. Yes they reuse a lot of areas but they do it in a good and story logic way. And yes it is also for free.
So pls first try out stuff and then cry about it.

1) Spaces.
2) You can tell me all day long that those are 2 extra stand-alones, but for me their just content add-on.

3) Dumb? Or just plain rude? Since many ppl in this forum are implying many things on their own.

Just this:
NEVER EVER did I even mention sth like "free stuff" (wtf?) the only ****ING topic this whole discussion is revolving around - at least for me, dunno what you guys are imagining their all on your own - is the fact that the greater majority HAS to buy those updates if they want to play the game in an enjoyable way.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 3:11pm | Report
No they don't.

If you seriously feel like you HAVE to buy every Guild Wars game in order to enjoy yourself regardless of whether you want to buy them, you got bigger problems than the company's business strategy and how it affects gameplay. Like addiction and a complete disregard for how you spend your money.

Everyone's already explained that the extra games didn't add anything to destroy balance for players who didn't upgrade or damage the existing content in any way, but you don't seem to want to listen. I bought every Guild Wars game and the expansion, and I was highly satisfied with what I received for my money.
Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 3:38pm | Report
Also, monthly pay is not needed when the game has popularity. LoL for an example, Is comepletely free but offers skins and Champions for money. They even have sales to make people think "I can totally waste money now since I won't need to waste as much".

Ofcourse games don't get popularity when they are JUST LIKE something that already exists.

GW2 adds new features that people haven't seen before... plus they pay money to get the word around, Adds, etc etc.

Seriously, so many people know about GW2 and so many will buy it, their expansions and items from the store, like pets, skins, who knows? I don't think they will lose anything. :3

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 25, 2012 6:34pm | Report
You bought ALL of them...?

Woowie, one thing to do for the guy who mentioned how you needn't do to this.
I wonder if you too call yourself an addict then?
One smooth pass right in the hands of the big man!

Srsly, the games are constructed that you want the extra content, I dont know what delusion you are living in, but if you're saying that you believe in this "You dont need the extras"-**** and that it's a matter of opinion if you want/need them, you can also tell me that any company doesn't want to sell it's products anymore.
I mean, they have to, but you're clearing stating they're not.

And guess what?
The addicted me plays Alan Wake right now and even in his drug-pumped, "twitting about how cute Scarecrow is while running around blinding shade-covered people with a flashlight before shooting them in the face"-state he still does make more sense than you.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide