Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Guildwars 2 Beta

Creator: Darcurse February 23, 2012 9:23am
65 posts - page 6 of 7
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 6:25am | Report
He explains a bit more what it is in the second video, but it sounds like it's kind of a persistant 1v1v1 warzone between servers with RTS style objectives and resources and the ability to use seige weapons and defences. I'm assuming it's up all the time because he mentioned guilds getting up at 4AM to take objectives.

IN OTHER WORDS IT SOUNDS AWESOME.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 8:00am | Report
I hope I get a key! :<

Yougan
<Member>
Yougan's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 11:35am | Report
Actually I think both Tera and Guildwars will be awesome, probably going to try out both. ^^

Thanks to jhoijhoi, Brynolf, Jeffy40hands, Samoh, MissMaw, Vavena, Koksei and The-Nameless-Bard for my signs
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 1:17pm | Report
Yougan wrote:

Actually I think both Tera and Guildwars will be awesome, probably going to try out both. ^^

Well, obviously. I'd never miss out on any of them as long as the reviews are positive.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 10:12am | Report
@Yougan and Searz
Tera might look good but you don't even know what will happen to the game. It can be going really well and then the court rules in favour of NCsoft and it simply ends. If you like tera you might as well wait for the L3 instead of settling for a copy.

@Luther
It's a 1vs1vs1, not 3vs3. Also, the 3 servers will be fighting 3 battles simultaneous. Each battle has a cap of 500 players, so in each battle a server is represented by 166 players.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 11:56am | Report
Yeah that's what I meant, typed 3v3 for some reason.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 5:28pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

@Yougan and Searz
Tera might look good but you don't even know what will happen to the game. It can be going really well and then the court rules in favour of NCsoft and it simply ends. If you like tera you might as well wait for the L3 instead of settling for a copy.

"What could happen" is present on any new mmorpg..
They can do pretty well but suddenly drop thx to whatever, like Warhammer/Starwars/Guildwars also did it in the end

Even with this "code stealing" **** I dont know how some guys can say "omfg dont buy Tera it's only a copy!!!" - Wtf?
While Tera takes after WoW/Guildwars/Warhammer etc. Lineage 3 seems like a top down Hack n' Slay way more comparable to D3.
They did steal/copy, but srsly: "Stealing" sth. like an Action-Combat-System etc...
Yeah right, genuineness A+...
Not to mention that the comabt-system from Tera looks way more like Monster Hunter than anything else.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 5:50pm | Report
@Darcurse
it's not just code stealing, the main ideas and concepts have been stolen as well. Races, looks, movement mechanics, classes, etc.

also, one thing is the game doing well or not, another is the court simply shutting it down.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 6:06pm | Report
Yeah I know, but even so they aren't comparable in the way you did.
Dont wanna say that the theft was sth good, ofc.

But many things they "stole" are already copied from another game, so except for the code itself and some minor rly original ideas it's not sth you could say "Omfg, copy!" nowadays.

Like I said: Battle style seems frighteningly similar to Monster Hunter, even fighting a huge *** monster/wyvern*cough* and the choice of different weapons.
Either way did they stole the idea from their too or L3 stole it first.

Regarding court: Steal any Race from WoW, rename unique names and remodel their appearance slightly.
Blizz will definitely try, but they wont be able to sue you for that.

And so cant Ncsoft do something about Tera.
They cant sue them for races/classes/movement etc because it looks "similar", only cold hard copied&pasted code sequences will trip them up, but let's face it: Tera runs for a year already.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2012 6:31pm | Report
NCsoft's copyright complaint to the NY district court is public, you can take a look at it if you want. Basically they stole:
The races. They're almost identical and share very specific details.
The map. Same thing as above.
The combat. Even though L3's camera is more like diablo the combat mechanics are the same, such as the free target system, real time dodge reactions, etc.
The political system which is something never seen before on any other MMO and is rather complex.
The same game engine. Even though the engine is commercially available NCsoft made very big changes to it that allowed for the graphics and vivid colours among other things and bluehole simply stole it.
The movement mechanics of each character. By this I mean how the characters themselves move and how it affects the clothes movement as well.
And many other things. The document is about 30 pages long.

Those are the things that pretty much define any MMORPG, and they've all been stolen. If you take all those away from the tera would you still play it? Obviously not. Without those it would just be another WoW clone instead of something innovative.
Not to mention that bluehole references the combat and political system on advertisements and interviews as the main features of the game, even though they stole both from NCsoft.
They didn't steal some generic stuff that you'll find in other mmo's, these are all VERY VERY VERY specific mechanics and ideas that you won't find anywhere else.

Also, they admitted to stealing all that ****.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide