Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Is "iBuyPower.com" reliable?

Creator: React May 4, 2011 2:59pm
1 2
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 8:15pm | Report
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 9:42pm | Report
Cavok wrote:

I know people who bought from iBuyPower, and the computers ended up being faulty and iBuyPower wouldn't refund/replace the broken parts and wires.

(Own opinion here: Why not just make your own, it's cheaper and helps you know how to remove and replace components later on when you're upgrading, because these things sometimes change per motherboard/case)

^This so hard.
Biggest mistake I've ever made buying from them. The "bare bones" pc's that they purchase (thats right, they aren't "custom") are of a fairly low quality build than what you could buy in a store. For instance my laptop from them came slightly battered and was clearly not treated well before they shipped, however they would not let me get a refund or anything and their customer support was terrible. Fast forward 3 years, still using the same laptop, its a POS. Turns out the bare bones for this model is from MSI and MSI used a wax and plastic compound for the casing. What this means is that it is not repairable if the casing cracks (which it did) and my laptop is in fact no longer portable. I know a few other people who bought from them, all have had TERRIBLE experiences.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Shrillex
<Veteran>
Shrillex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 10:01pm | Report
My friend got a custom computer from there but I'm not positive.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 6:05am | Report
Buy parts from a trusted store, then assemble it yourself. It's not hard, slightly time-consuming, and you get that feeling of accomplishment. Just don't purchase a tower, only to use 10% of it's space :P
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 6:07am | Report
Scrax wrote:

Buy parts from a trusted store, then assemble it yourself. It's not hard, slightly time-consuming, and you get that feeling of accomplishment. Just don't purchase a tower, only to use 10% of it's space :P

^This, also if you build it yourself, make sure you wire it properly, and stay static free. Build it on a clean table away from anything like a rug.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Cavok
<Member>
Cavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 6:24am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

^This, also if you build it yourself, make sure you wire it properly, and stay static free. Build it on a clean table away from anything like a rug.

As well as make sure you don't get a plastic case, so you can touch the edges of the case to discharge the static.
React
<Member>
React's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 12:04pm | Report
Ok, got it. Going to go on Newegg with a 700~800 dollar budget and build myself a beast of a computer. Thanks guys!
Did I help you? If so +Rep me for a cookie...
>>My Referal Page<<
Also, Be sure to check out my Guides below:

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 3:44pm | Report
Go for a ATI Radeon HD6870 or HD6950 2GB if you don't mind spending some time unlocking it (you can make it a HD6970 with a pretty easy bios flash).
Probably the best cards on the market atm. I'm upgrading my GPU to one of those cards.

Oh, and don't get RAM sticks with over 1600Mhz. They're useless.

Trust me, I know loads about this **** :)
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 3:49pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Go for a ATI Radeon HD6870 or HD6950 2GB if you don't mind spending some time unlocking it (you can make it a HD6970 with a pretty easy bios flash).
Probably the best cards on the market atm. I'm upgrading my GPU to one of those cards.

Oh, and don't get RAM sticks with over 1600Mhz. They're useless.

Trust me, I know loads about this **** :)

Well video card really should be more dependent on what resolution you're playing at. No need to spend an extra 100$ on a video card that would perform just the same as another video card on a 800x600 monitor. If that's the max resolution of your screen please buy yourself a monitor that's not from the beginnings of society itself.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 6, 2011 4:43pm | Report
Kinda basic knowledge, don't you think?
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide