Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 289 of 334
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 5:43am | Report
Boku No Hero Academia was hyped alot.
There was alot of fanart showing the big shounen heroes implying to leave the world of shounen to the little guy.

Edit:
K picture loaded, I know 11 of em, but the rest seems kinda vague :/
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 12:03pm | Report
@searz, I recognized 9 of them :'D

EDIT: Started reading boku no hero academia and stopped at chapter 12. So far it's quite decent but doesn't really captivate me all that much. I just read on for the sake of getting through it, but even now I have no real need to continue reading. I guess I'll just continue reading at some other time for the sake of all the hype
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 1:43pm | Report
It seems I'm still the most knowledgeable with my 12 ;D

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 1:56pm | Report
I recognized 3 of them, and two of those were by the anime/manga I remember they were in (not by name), but I also don't really watch/read much anime/manga anymore. I read manga in High School 'cause my friends were into it. I occasionally read manga still, but I rarely stay interested in an anime for very long now. :/
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 4:44pm | Report
I recognized 3 of them, and two of those were by the anime/manga I remember they were in (not by name), but I also don't really watch/read much anime/manga anymore. I read manga in High School 'cause my friends were into it. I occasionally read manga still, but I rarely stay interested in an anime for very long now. :/

Well, there's more **** in anime than in manga, so no wonder.
It's also not surprising that you only recognize 3 of them. Most of them are geared toward young boys and a decent number of them aren't especially good. They're just popular mindless drivel, kind of like Transformers in the west.

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 5:47pm | Report
I know four(maybe five), but I can probably only call that Nisekoi girl by series and name... Chitoge I think.

Not sure why she's listed as a hero though. And I have reason to talk since I've read every chapter so far (don't ask). I mean, they're still working on the prologue xD

Boku no hero academia looks somewhat interesting, thanks for the share.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2015 7:29pm | Report
Searz wrote:
Well, there's more **** in anime than in manga, so no wonder.
It's also not surprising that you only recognize 3 of them. Most of them are geared toward young boys and a decent number of them aren't especially good. They're just popular mindless drivel, kind of like Transformers in the west.
I'm sure you didn't mean that first bit as some insult to my intelligence, so I'll not take it as such (I'm in a *****y mood, so I read it that way the first time). xD It's about how long it takes to get through an anime, which I assume is what you were referring to. I don't enjoy manga that much either, but I read extremely fast. I occasionally go to the larger bookstore here and catch up on whatever manga I started reading at random during some previous visit (without buying any of it), and that's basically what happens anymore.

I think the last manga I actually read was Chibi Vampire, but it might have been something else. That one was kinda dumb, but sorta cute overall. I had sort of lost interest, but I also wanted to find out how it ended. The ending actually pissed me off though and sort of left me wishing I hadn't bothered to read it. xD

I actually liked the old transformers cartoons...also justice league....(I was so girly, I know) T-T The live action TF movies were trash and mindless drivel sums them up quite well though.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 6:03am | Report
I'm sure you didn't mean that first bit as some insult to my intelligence

Certainly not. It was just an observation I've made.
Quoted:
It's about how long it takes to get through an anime, which I assume is what you were referring to.

Actually, no. The overall quality of most anime is considerably lower than that of most manga. The anime industry is full to the brim with lazy pandering. New, revolutionary ideas are far more common in manga than in anime. One could even call the anime industry bankrupt on ideas, at least most of it.
Quoted:
I don't enjoy manga that much either, but I read extremely fast. I occasionally go to the larger bookstore here and catch up on whatever manga I started reading at random during some previous visit (without buying any of it), and that's basically what happens anymore.

Oh, you don't like reading digitally?
Quoted:
I actually liked the old transformers cartoons...also justice league....(I was so girly, I know)

Do you still like them? If so then there's likely a lot of manga that can scratch the same itch. I haven't seen much Transformers myself, so I can't say for sure, but it seems that way.

Write down what you like and I'll see if I can throw a couple of recommendations your way. I read a lot of manga, oftentimes off the beaten path, because there are quite a few gems to find outside of the big, often pretty stupid titles.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 9:57am | Report
I have a kindle and I don't mind reading digitally, but I probably wouldn't buy manga from the amazon store (assuming I can) as I have very little space left on my kindle due to all the books and music I already have. Also eBooks aren't particularly cheap tbh. Unless you know of somewhere I can read that kind of stuff for free, in which case that's fine.

In the past I've read a lot of Shoujo manga, but that doesn't necessarily mean I won't read other things.
List:
Absolute Boyfriend
Alice 19th (I liked this one a lot because it had a fantasy theme and there was a lot more action than a lot of the others I read at the time)
Imadoki!
Chibi Vampire (This one went on for too long, but I finished reading it anyways)
Mahou Sensei Negima! (I got sorta tired of how long it was so stopped reading, but it was fun while it lasted)
Fruits Basket (I also watched the Anime for this, it was so much shorter than the manga and that made me sad T-T)
I started reading a yaoi a friend recommended a few years ago, but I don't remember what it was called and I stopped reading it because the bookstore didn't happen to have the next one, but it was pretty cute xD

Anime (this is the most recent stuff and nothing else):
Full Metal Alchemist (I'm kind of on and off with this one)
Sword Art Online (I wanted to like this, but got bored fast T-T)

I'll probably add more, but this is all I happen to remember at this exact moment.
I'm more likely to prefer action and fantasy now than I did back when I was in high school and struggling to fit in with a bunch of girls who liked cute girly ****.

and I still like some of the older TF stuff, like the original TF cartoon movie from the 80s. Same applies to JL really.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 10:10am | Report
inb4 bato.to

I don't know about FMA, but SAO isn't on my list of best fantasy shounen. Have you taken a look at SNK (Attack on Titan)? Also a hyped one, and the manga is probably better, but I liked the anime. Some other stuff I would put on the list are Darker Than Black (anime S2 is said to be terrible but I really liked S1) and the Bakemonogatari series (Japanese folklore fantasy). Both take place in modern times though.

What kind of fantasy do you like? Medieval or modern? (I've seen a steampunk one too). If you say fantasy do you mean in the D&D sense or big-*** robots and stuff ?

Searz knows a lot more though, I'm just trying to give some pointers on the shounen part.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide