Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 290 of 334
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 10:14am | Report
90% sure that robots fall under sci-fi not fantasy. Though I'm perfectly fine with all of the above. Steampunk is also cool, I have an interest in getting into that tbh.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 10:44am | Report
Don't forget that fantasy in anime means fantasies of a pre-puberty boy aka. harem with girls loving MC with no specs/personality for no reason.

Edit:

Some other stuff, since I am not watching much of the current season, lets start the hype/dehype for the spring season 2015:

Absolute Duo - dehype:
Ok so I read the manga, pretty generic harem echho schounen ****.
It also starts with one of the most famous starts: trip, grab boobs, not reasonable decisions from higher ups or director whatever forced on MC -> profit.
I think you guys know where this is going.

Aldnoa.Zero 2 - ?:
Didn't watch the first one as the reason to start the war was already dumb enough...

Ansatsu Kyou*****u - ?:
Hey, this is on the shounen picture that Searz linked. But I have literally no idea what this is about.

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! - ?:
I have no idea what this is about. Seems like some over the top comedy action anime, might be enjoyable for slapstick fans.

Death Parade - ?:
Game of deaths stuff, japanese really love this stuff lol. Have no idea about this one tho.

Dog Days'' - ?:
What, this is the 3rd season? I kinda missed out... any1 knows what this is about?

Durarara!!x2 Shou - hype:
Hey, I actually wanted to know what the first season was all about, so I hope this one will be enjoyable.
Tho, I'd love to see more of Baccano, even tho it ended :c.

Go! Princess Precure - ?:
The Mahou Shoujo anime of this season huh... idk not following this. I feel like Mahou Shoujo animes are on par with the unicorn thingies.

Isuca - ?:
Boy is on derp situation and get suggestion from his teacher and somehow ends up in a mysterious environment with girls and ecchi, ofc ****block romance it seems. Dun remember if I ever read the manga, might have overlooked it as the description is already as generic as it gets.

Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders 2 - ?:
I always hear alot of praise of Jojo's Bizare Adventure, dunno maybe I should watch the series.

Junketsu no maria - ?:
Srsly, I have no idea what this is about. There are no genre tags on anilist as of now. So it seems more like a light comedy with a witch.

Juuou Mujin no Fafnir - ?:
Generic ****. *******, only boy left on some weird planet who has to keep his identity as a male secret, but obviously has to enroll in a school full of girls and sees some goddess naked bla bla bla.

Kamisama Hajimema****a - ?:
A shoujo that I never watched, guess it's one of the better and more enjoyable shoujos.

Kantai Collection: Kan Colle - ?:
I never understood the hype around this, isn't it kinda like Touhou? Idk what to think.

Kou***u Graffiti - hype:
I have no idea what this is, but Shaft is making it, as a Shaft fanboy I am looking forward to this cooking slice of life moe anime???

Kuroko no Basket 3 - hype:
The manga endet, and I guess this will be the end for the anime aswell? Fairly enjoyable for a sports anime/manga.

Rolling Girls - ?:
No idea what this is, but it seems to have promising art?

Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata - hype:
Prolly one of the best romance shounenes that I've read in quite a while.
But the manga isn't far yet, so I am looking forward to the anime ^_^.

Seiken Tsukai no World Break - ?:
Boy in a school with weird pre-live skills, and obviously he is the first ever to have something strange. Oh and girls with tits.

Sengoku Musou - ?:
For people who are into historical stuff and samurai, go ahead dig in.

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha - dehype:
Generic **** stuff agaion. Wait I actually read the manga, but I didn't notice cause the description was so generic. Yeah basically a boy who was once a 'hero' from the village of heroes and now he has 2 sisters, one a demon queen, the other one her succubus maid. Prepare for rightous MC that wins over hearts of ppl by saying that he will save them etc.

Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50 - ?:
Wat, idk, this seems to be liked. Bishoujo stuff, yeah lets just leave this...

Soukyuu no Fafner: dead Aggressor - Exodus - ?:
Mecha, I am out.

Tantei Opera MIlky Holmes TD - ?:
No idea. Light comedy with cute lolis hrhr.

THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls - ?:
Never watched any seasons of this, but go ahead for ppl who are fans of the franchise?

Tokyo Ghoul A - dunno wether to hype:
This will most likely include the end of TG (manga), which was rather bad (I wrote something about it before). Basically, people dying off at the end that you just dun really know or didn't care for...

Yoru no Yatterman - ?:
This seems to be rather famous... but I have no idea what Doronbos are lol...

Yuri Kuma Arashi - ?:
Doesn't seem very promosing. More like a boring mini action with flat characters (not the bust size).
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 12:22pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
Don't forget that fantasy in anime means fantasies of a pre-puberty boy aka. harem with girls loving MC with no specs/personality for no reason.
Not in the ones I listed(as far as I can remember), though there's a lot of that stuff around indeed.

I'll get back about your list, haven't looked into the new anime yet. I'm probably going to watch Aldnoah.Zero though.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 4:48pm | Report
I have a kindle and I don't mind reading digitally, but I probably wouldn't buy manga from the amazon store [...] Unless you know of somewhere I can read that kind of stuff for free, in which case that's fine.

Don't worry. There are plenty of good sites for reading for free online. Most notably Batoto, Eatmanga and Kissmanga. But since Eatmanga is geared more towards computers in terms of usage (kind of annoying to navigate on touch) you should mainly stick to Batoto and Kissmanga.
Batoto is the go-to place for high quality scans. You'll have trouble finding sites that offer higher quality images (many other sites like Mangafox has HORRIBLE quality, avoid those). Batoto is sometimes slow to update though and is missing quite a few series.
Quoted:
In the past I've read a lot of Shoujo manga, but that doesn't necessarily mean I won't read other things.

Oh, ok. I don't read terribly much in the romance-ish genre but I've dabbled in it a little. (I've also read a bit of Negima, but let's just say that I dropped it so hard it left a hole i the floor..)
I had a blast with He Dedicated To Roses, but that was more of a laughing-at-how-dumb-it-is thing than actually thinking that it was good.
My main recommendations in that genre would be:

Seven Days is a really short read and quite interesting. It won't take more than about an hour, so you won't be losing much even if you don't like it.

Hiyokoi doesn't stand out much, but give it a look if you like cutesy love stories. It's really, really cute and bubbly. I enjoy reading it from time to time.

Another series with romance elements, but with more of a focus on the slice-of-life aspect is Silver Spoon. It's by the same author as Full Metal Alchemist. She's gotten a lot better at drawing since FMA, so the art is pretty decent. The premise and story are very unique and the humor is fantastic. It's all around great. I thoroughly recommend it.
Quoted:
Full Metal Alchemist (I'm kind of on and off with this one)
Sword Art Online (I wanted to like this, but got bored fast T-T)
I'm more likely to prefer action and fantasy now than I did back when I was in high school and struggling to fit in with a bunch of girls who liked cute girly ****.

Ohohohoho, have I got a few treats for you then :D

If FMA caught your interest then I recommend giving the source material a read. The source material is generally superior to the anime adaptations.
The only big negative about FMA is the art. It's kind of sub-par, but it does get better toward the end.

My big recommendations would be my two very favorite series, which both kind of fall into the dark fantasy action genre.

Berserk is my absolute favorite of the hundreds of series I've read so far. I'd go as far as to call it a masterpiece. And I am very picky and critical, as you might know.
Get through the first 2.5 volumes - which are the worst in all 37 volumes so far - and you'll be treated to one of the best stories ever conceived. But be prepared for the fact that it's a very dark story that has plenty of gore, nudity and touches on some seriously ****ed up things. So trigger warning, but it does so incredibly well. Berserk is a perfect example of why anything should be allowed when it comes to art and storytelling. And on the art: it gets breathtakingly good in the latter parts. Almost every page is like a work of art. Very few series even come close to it. (sample)
I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Dark Souls games, but those games are heavily inspired by Berserk, so that might give you an idea of the tone.

My second favorite is Shingeki No Kyojin (AKA Attack On Titan). It's also a rather dark fantasy, but more steampunk-ish and less magical in theme than Berserk. It's also not as dark as Berserk, but almost nothing is.
Let me just first come right out of the gate and say that the art isn't especially good. But if you can get over the art then it has an amazing story to tell. What the author of this manga has truly mastered is the art of plot twists. There are plenty of them and all of them have plenty of foreshadowing. I absolutely love the way the story is told.
You might be aware of the anime version, but rest assured that the manga is significantly better. They changed a great deal of things for the worse in the anime adaptation.

Give those a look and report back on which ones you liked. I have more recommendations I can give out :)
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 5:07pm | Report
Ok, thanks ^^
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 8:19pm | Report
Oooo searz I see you read seven days

Did you ever share your thoughts about it in a comment here? :'D and if no pls do it now kthnx

god I like that manga too damn much
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2015 8:30pm | Report
reading FMA is great, why didn't I think of this before? xD

EDIT: Oh god Nina dying is so much worse....I wanna cry now T-T

EDIT 2: "Don't...papa can't go to work if you do that" *actually cries*
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 4:47am | Report
XeresAce wrote:
Oooo searz I see you read seven days

Did you ever share your thoughts about it in a comment here? :'D and if no pls do it now kthnx

god I like that manga too damn much

I think I shared that already, but I'm not entirely sure.
Anyway, here goes:

Very interesting and pretty unique premise, solid execution. The pace is kept at a satisfying rate. I never got bored even if I occasionally groaned a little at the events. Aside from a few silly events and what feels like cop-outs when it comes to storytelling it's all good.
Overall I'd say it's pretty good, but not great.
"I walked up to her big butt and asked her *** butt what." - Lil Wayne, lyrical genius

"I can't decide where I stand on abortion, on one hand it is killing children, on the other it gives women a choice." - ???
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2015 2:39pm | Report
Anyone still following Kekkon Yubiwa Monogatari? I'm pretty unimpressed after the last chapter, except for the amount of pages in it. I mean, first it's a dead scared indoctrinated elf who hasn't seen a human or basically anything from the outside world ever, then she suddenly wants to see the outside world, and a few minutes later she decides to join some random guy she just met(read: he and some elf elder abducted her) and vomited over on a quest to get killed by some overpowered demon army, I mean, become a harem king so that he can combine all the rings to do some cool stuff or something. Writing it down doesn't make it any more reasonable.

And the same artist writes Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e and Tasogare Otome x Amnesia. Me not getting it.

Still gonna read on though. Like a stupid sheep.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2015 4:04am | Report
Same here,
the whole premise started quite nice as it was only the 2 of them, and I expected at least some developement between those two... but that was ****blocked real hard, I think they just snipped the **** huehue.

Srsly, harem is just not my cup of tea, and characters doing such a 180° turn just cause MC is such a nice guy are also ******ed.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide