Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mobafire homework central.

Creator: Pølsemanden April 17, 2013 9:01pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 5:51pm | Report
In relation to that particular snippet Jai's got up there:
"moms" and "dads" are actually the correct pluralization of those nouns if you do decide to use them.

also, beginning sentences with the conjunctions "and" or "but" is generally not considered to be grammatically correct. If the sentence is not intended to be related to the sentence before it in some way, you should just remove the conjunction or restate the sentence so that it can be related to the sentence before that.

It should also be mentioned that school lunches contribute to that fact as well. Because of the way the requirements work (or perhaps because they don't enforce the requirements well enough), they are often made up of high calorie foods that can be served in smaller portions (I was regularly served things like mashed potatoes and gravy as a main entree, for example). They are required to offer fruit and vegetable options, so canned fruit and vegetables were always common. Fresh vegetables were usually served with large amounts of ranch dressing and apples were regularly the only fresh fruit available.

Baka already did most of the other proofreading.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 18, 2013 11:10pm | Report
Er, I think you read it wrong, Amanda. That snippet (the first one) was deliberately incorrect, with some typos and misuse of conjunctions, such as "and" and "but". It's the second paragraph which has the "correct" sequencing and wording that I was trying to show was more "professional" in its approach. It was only a random topic (obese children) and I only listed three ideas off the top of my head. The content doesn't relate at all to Polse's task.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 4:43am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

therefore you think that cultivating a certain species of bacteria, is just simply going to throw out oxigen, besides nefarious subtances?
your starting infrastructure is your landing vessel. you'll have to keep landing vessels until you are capable of mining resources and treat them to usable materials. Are you sure you want to introduce toxic bacteria when your vessels already carry equipment for it? for what, poison the water you drink so you expend more energy/processes on purifying it?

i'd rather smoke cigarrettes.

you can suggest other algi, but certainly not cyanobacteria. Besides, i'd dare you to eat them. otherwise, i expect you to have other food source.

First. When did you miss the point how baterica work. It is not paticually hard to change there DNA. Hell even I did it in one of my hands-on training. That not only eliminates the toxic part but also can change on what they live. Most are quite happy with Sucrose aka. sugar. Lucky enough that is something they can make themself with some minreals and Nitrogen and light of course. So haveing to put up energey to make them do stuff is pretty much near non. It costs you the light bubbles at night.

Second to that you seem to be unaware how this stuff is transported. You see. You are right if you would transport watery Milieu( or is it aquatic surrunding english is weirde). But you don't need to do that. You can freez them and put thousands of them into on canister and you are good. As for the water you probably would aim to bring a decent amount ( 1l is about 1kg so you have to consider that as you might need about 1000l or so and weight is limited you are right about that point) BUT a big point and the main idea behind living on marse it that you expect to find water and other basic stuff you need to grow plants( to list a few is water, iron, Nitrogen and carbon). So your main issu would not be to have enough oxygen. You would have enough. Water might become an issu but that can be solved by landing near ice. The main issu would nbe energy. You can only bring a very limited amount of fule and the sun can be really unreliable on earth on the marse with the big mars storms and other **** you might never know what happnes.

So yeah concern are logic but already dealt with at this point of time to a degree that even normal humans have access to the technology.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 5:12am | Report
Thank you so much baka, didn't know my english was as terrible as it apparently is <.<

and i prolly will replace most of the "blacks" with african americans.

My speaker is african american. African Americans can't be racist ;) - hue.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 19, 2013 8:51am | Report
Quoted:

Thank you so much baka, didn't know my english was as terrible as it apparently is <.<

Don't worry about it. You're better than a damn lot of native speakers (in America).

Jhoi's and Nameless's suggestions are also good. Unless you've got time constraints (like it being due today/tomorrow), a full rewrite to include their suggestions would be a good idea.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 7:40pm | Report
If anyone is interested, this is what I have so far for my assignment:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?zkrge1nxhk2nus4

♡ sig by me ♡
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2013 11:29pm | Report
that looks good but the text in the whatchamacallits looks a bit too small to me but thats probably just my stupid eyes
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 2:15am | Report
^No, it is small, you're right ^^ Size 8 or so. I draft all my assignments with small text, lol. You'll be happy to note that all the table text is now size 9! That old version is a lot uglier than what I have currently (procrastination takes the form of me making things aesthetically pleasing).

Will upload my assignment during the "final" drafting phase. Which will probably be tomorrow night after I write the Justification.

♡ sig by owentheawesomer ♡
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 4:09am | Report
jhoijhoi how you gone present you work? Is it gone be a paper you hand in or something you have to present in front of the class (or a mix). Because if it is purly a paper you might need to add some why and how and stuff like that. It is one thing to say we are ****ing up earth but another to make people think you talke sense.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2013 4:24am | Report
It's a unit plan, so it's something other teachers may try and use for their own schools if they teach Science. The Justification part will explain the concept behind the unit in a way that makes sense ^^

♡ sig by Jovy ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide