Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Off Topic - New MOBA Brainstorming

Creator: ianxplosion May 8, 2011 8:04pm
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 20, 2011 5:46pm | Report
You need to be realistic or you'll never succeed.

All my suggestions fit the moba genre.. I don't see where they fail to do that.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 5:22am | Report
The MOBA genre is pretty new (in terms of actual games, not mods/UMS/custom games). There are just so many things that haven't been done, thought of, or considered for a MOBA. A new MOBA that is distinctive from others WILL succeed.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 21, 2011 5:45am | Report
That's why I suggested doing something different. You'll never beat LoL or DOTA2 in their own genre. You have to make something new.
ianxplosion
<Member>
ianxplosion's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 10:54am | Report
So far, the hero-list is as follows, with the story being a little more fleshed out.

Nikolai Tesla
Robin Hood
Jack the Ripper
Jeanne d'Arc
Tutankhamun
Vlad the Impaler
Hattori Hanzo
Grigori Rasputin
H.P Lovecraft
Pocahontas
Bridget Bishop
And either Guy Fawkes, Ali Baba, or Barbarossa (we're having a dart throwing contest to see who gets picked)
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 11:54am | Report
That list looks pretty good, but you're including fictional characters as well right? Siegfurd is a legend, not a real person.

It's Nikola Tesla, not Nikolai.

My suggestions include:
Julius Caesar, Alaric the Bold, Peter the Great, Eliot Ness, Leonardo da Vinci, Jesus Christ, Napoleon Bonaparte, Carlos Hath****, King Leonidas, Alexander the Great and Hercules.

Also, how does pocahontas fit in the list?
ianxplosion
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 12:07pm | Report
Napoleon is planned for the future, mainly because he's little and that's funny. Jesus isn't being included for obvious reasons :P

Afaik, Pocahontas really existed. If you feel like doing some in depth research to prove me wrong, have at it.

Hercules is a legend. I used Sigurd over Leonidas, and I'm in the process of considering Alexander the Great.

I'm trying to stay away from characters that could be created from the last 75-80 years of history. The same reason I wouldn't add Jesus is the reason I wouldn't add a rumored telepathic SS officer.

Editing for your edit - Way to catch Sigurd, I didn't even think about it when doing the sketches. Have to swap that out.

Not everyone in the game is going to be a warrior by nature, but they are given abilities in tune with their own past that allow them to do combat on the battleground.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 12:24pm | Report
Sorry, changed last my post a bit before I saw you posted.

I know pocahontas is real, but why is she on the list?

I also don't understand your objection against Jesus. Even if you do not believe in God he was still a very important person in our history.
Also, Moses.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 12:37pm | Report
did.. did you say.. h p lovecraft????

DAY

ONE

BUY

I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
ianxplosion
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 1:07pm | Report
Touching religion, any religion, in video games has always been a touchy subject.

I'd just rather not.

The story involves a mysterious race that captures the souls of Earth's greatest people (they define greatest as it pertains to the story) and throws them onto an ethereal battlefield with the winner getting a second chance at life.

There are lots of smaller stories within that major story that I think will fit well with character interactions.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2011 1:42pm | Report
Then why did you compare Jesus to a telepathic SS officer? I'm confused.. but nvm.

Just a few questions.
How will the game work? Is it like DOTA? With 3 lanes and minions and such? Or will it be a deathmatch type of game? Is it third person or like an RTS?
Also, do the characters have magic? Or do they retain their human properties?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide