Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Official Mobafire PC thread

Creator: Vynertje August 3, 2015 11:59am
541 posts - page 12 of 55
IceCreamy
<Veteran>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2015 12:20pm | Report
Updated my post :)

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 4:54am | Report
Hey guys, sorry for posting this while there's another conversation going on, but I've been running into issues with my computer (again).

I'm almost certain it's something to do with the components, but I have absolutely no clue what it could be.

So, the basic synopsis of the issue is that my computer runs games fine as in there's no FPS lag or anything. However, if I play a game for a little while, eventually the game will just sporadically freeze for a good minute or so, and then it will run fine until the next freeze about a minute or two later. This has pretty much only been happening with games. Just browsing the internet doesn't yield these effects, at least from what I do on the Internet. When the game freezes, the mouse still moves and other processes seem to still work just fine, it's just the game itself that freezes.

Now, I was going to provide a snip of my CPU usage, CPU temperature and GPU usage over the course of a game of ARAM with this post, buuuut... My computer ended up crashing, so I lost it all. From what I remember though, GPU usage was up at around 80%, potentially even breaking into 90s, the CPU usage for CPU 1 and 4 were also up to around 90%, with 2 and 3 running at about 50%. CPU temperatures, although the computer felt really hot, was only at 68oC maximum during the game. RAM usage was only at 50%, so I don't think that's an issue.

Some other tidbits that may or may not be useful, I'm not sure, is that I often get a CHKDSK scan when I boot up my computer, even when I didn't do all that cod shenanigans to start it, and that whenever I try to upgrade to Windows 10, it fails as well, often at the "BOOT" phase. Once again, no clue how relevant this stuff is.
Imma 'bout to end this man's whole career
My rather unimpressive and slowly growing anime list!
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
    Utsuro no Hako to Zero Maria
    Nisekoi: False Love
ri]
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 6:29am | Report
what game are we talking about? Every game you play, or anything specific?
Thanks to IPodPulse for this <3^
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 6:49am | Report
what game are we talking about? Every game you play, or anything specific?

Every game I play that isn't some ****ty flash game or something. I don't play in windowed mode, so I don't know if that will have any better results, but generally the games that go fullscreen, such as Rocket League and League of Legends, tend to cause this issue to happen. I turned down my League graphical settings as well, but to no avail.

Once again, I would like to emphasise that it is not an FPS issue, the FPS is fine during the times the game works. Also, I should also specify that it is the game itself that is freezing, not just a god awful FPS that's causing my screen to freeze. The mouse still moves, and from what I've seen, Skype calls work as well. Minimising the window seems to give some issues though.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 7:56am | Report

Every game I play that isn't some ****ty flash game or something. I don't play in windowed mode, so I don't know if that will have any better results, but generally the games that go fullscreen, such as Rocket League and League of Legends, tend to cause this issue to happen. I turned down my League graphical settings as well, but to no avail.

Once again, I would like to emphasise that it is not an FPS issue, the FPS is fine during the times the game works. Also, I should also specify that it is the game itself that is freezing, not just a god awful FPS that's causing my screen to freeze. The mouse still moves, and from what I've seen, Skype calls work as well. Minimising the window seems to give some issues though.

have you tried running them in borderless mode?
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 8:04am | Report
If you think it'll help, then I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Bit too late for me now.
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
ri]
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
mastrer1000
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 8:08am | Report
I don#t know if it will, I just figured it might be worth a try since you said that all of your fullscreen games cause this issue.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 6:03pm | Report
Some other tidbits that may or may not be useful, I'm not sure, is that I often get a CHKDSK scan when I boot up my computer, even when I didn't do all that cod shenanigans to start it, and that whenever I try to upgrade to Windows 10, it fails as well, often at the "BOOT" phase. Once again, no clue how relevant this stuff is.

Automatic CHKDSK (check disk) scans? Yowie, that sounds like the start of a hard drive failure to me.
How many errors do you come across when running such a scan? (google how to do it manually if you don't know already)

You also didn't write down your GPU temperature.
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 6:53pm | Report
forgot we had a thread for this, but recently i've ordered parts for a pc!

this'll be my first time building a pc and i'm pretty excited :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fddmMp

i should be finishing the pc tmr

any feedback on the build would be nice!
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 14, 2015 7:34pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Automatic CHKDSK (check disk) scans? Yowie, that sounds like the start of a hard drive failure to me.
How many errors do you come across when running such a scan? (google how to do it manually if you don't know already)

You also didn't write down your GPU temperature.

Yeah, hard drive failure would make sense, considering how Vyn pointed out how abnormally high my CPU temperature was and how it could damage it. When the scan runs, well, let's just say there's too many to count. The whole page fills with some sort of corrupt file message. I could run it again to confirm.

Uh, yeah, sorry about that. I can check it when I get back home if you want me to.
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:
ri]
Currently watching:
    Kiniro Mosaic
Currently Reading:

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide