Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why You Should Boycott Mass Effect 3

Creator: caucheka February 24, 2012 2:32am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 1:29pm | Report
I just can't get interested in a game with such a bad storyline and characters. The maps and combat I could have lived with, but the incoherent, rambling story that seemed to be about three or four different things at the same time, none of them interesting, plus virtually all of the characters being walking stereotypes with no proper motivation (and pretty much all ****s) really ruined it for me.

Plus nothing is ever really explained at all. I think the point I really WTFd was when for no reason your ally decides all is lost even though you're winning the fight and randomly transforms into a giant fat monster and you have to fight him. Then you go out into the courtyard and fight an old lady with an enormous glowing red sword who jumps around like a jedi and animates statues to fight you. I'm still not really sure how or why.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 1:38pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Plus nothing is ever really explained at all. I think the point I really WTFd was when for no reason your ally decides all is lost and randomly transforms into a giant fat monster and you have to fight him. Then you go out into the courtyard and fight an old lady with an enormous glowing red sword who jumps around like a jedi and animates statues to fight you. I'm still not really sure why.

Orsnio, "the ally", turns into the big fat monster when he realizes his fight for the mages ends, so he uses Blood Magic to make himself a powerful being to stop Meredith. Meredith has the giant glowing red sword that is made from pure Lyrium, from the Lyrium idol the gnome's brother stole from you in Act I, and Lyrium controls people, so being subjected to Pure Lyrium for so long, Meredith becomes crazy and lustful for power, accusing everyone of being a traitor, thus you having to fight her no matter who's side you pick.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 1:40pm | Report
I know, but it's so dumb.

I just stopped caring about the plot because it all seemed so phoned in. There's three acts and each one basically has it's own story with no connections except the tenuous connection between 1 and 3 that you mentioned. The characters suck so I honestly don't give a **** what happens to them and most of the quests feel like filler.

Plus, what the hell is with there being no connection at all to Origins and hardly any darkspawn at all?
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 1:43pm | Report
And then Gandalf says "YOU SHALL NOT PASS", Frodo takes an arrow to the knee, and Sam realizes how he missed his Rosey and scampers off abandoning the ring bearer causing him to wear the ring forcing Sauron to find him and eventually someone says "One does not simply walk into Mordor". Harry finds out he's a wizard from Gimmley and proceeds to fight Voldemort which concludes with the guy who played Nevel Longbottom FINALLY getting laid.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 1:44pm | Report
That's seriously how the game ends Jeffy. :P
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 1:45pm | Report
Wait we were talking about a game?
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 7:25pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Plus, what the hell is with there being no connection at all to Origins and hardly any darkspawn at all?

well it might have to do with location. as you've played through da2 there is some references to origins, but it takes place across a sea. thats an extremely far distance considering the technology they had.

also, the big red square shows the area of the first. while the red dot shows the area of the second.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 7:41pm | Report
Y u defend it.

But really, for all the relationship between the two they could literally have just called it something else and no one would have noticed. At least if they deleted the small part with Flemeth that never really gets resolved or explained. They even completely changed how the Qunari looked.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 26, 2012 7:56pm | Report
if it was its own thing it wouldn't of gotten so much hate i agree. but it was still terrible nonetheless.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
[deleted]
<Member>
Fictionized's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 27, 2012 2:21am | Report
I enjoyed every single BioWare game so far.

DA: Origins, 300 hours+ atleast, never had any real issues that outweighed the awesomeness except for the fact that my PC sucked so hard I had to play at low graphics.
DA2, 120 hours+-. I can honestly say that, although I hated the repetitive use of areas. I loved the game for what it was, story progression, cutscenes, quests and companions.
ME1, 200 hours in total, one of my favorite games so far. The first time I played it I was mind-blown, the story, the universe.. everything was just right. There was not ONE flaw that outweighed any good things.
ME2, yep 500 hours, no kidding. This is my legacy in gaming, really, even Skyrim doesn't compete to this with play hours. I simply loved it and I still do. I still play it every two or so days for a few hours.

Hate all you want, I enjoyed it, I loved it, I had a great time with it and I don't regret any minute of it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide