Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

World of Warcraft's new commercial

Creator: JunSupport November 26, 2011 8:05am
1 2 3 4 5 6
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:05am | Report
For those who haven't seen this yet.

What do you think of it? Personally, I'm delighted - I tried WoW; enjoyed it, but not enough to stay subscribed very long.

This sort of desperation from Blizzard means WoW is closer to getting onto the F2P bandwagon. :)

Hopefully, they'll enter F2P following Riot's example of not selling power, but LoL's not an MMO... Have to wait and see.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:13am | Report
Nice ad IMO, but I'll NEVER go back to WoW. The original game was ****ing awesome, Burning Crusade hurted WoW REALLY bad, but Wrath of the Lich King was the killing blow of the game.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:15am | Report
Funny, but yeah, just another desperate attempt..

Blizz's just going to squeeze every last drop out of the WoW communtiy.
If the active accs keep decreasing, they'll quickly put it on the afterburner and prepare everything for the release of Titan or whatever they called it.

I'll hope for it ofc, but its sad seeing that the only group who is "aloud" to produce functioning mmorpgs these days is corrupt avaricious Blizz.

Sad to watch the communtiy these days.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:19am | Report
One of the things I like is that they're the only really well polished game that supports a variety of different races. They're even adding Pandas in the next expansion. Most games only support Humans and 1~2 other pseudo-humans races (like elf, or giant)... Really boring from an RPG aspect.

Fox Rage wrote:

Nice ad IMO, but I'll NEVER go back to WoW. The original game was ****ing awesome, Burning Crusade hurted WoW REALLY bad, but Wrath of the Lich King was the killing blow of the game.

For people who start playing after Lich King - There are no problems to be had. We just play what's already there, and WoW's one of the (if not, the) most polished MMOs in the world.
And if it goes F2P - You probably will find yourself re-downloading it within the year. :P

Darcurse wrote:
If the active accs keep decreasing, they'll quickly put it on the afterburner and prepare everything for the release of Titan or whatever they called it.

Titan is not meant to be a WoW-killer from what I've heard. It's a supposed to be a "casual" sci-fi FPS MMO which is independent of Warcraft/Starcraft.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:29am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

One of the things I like is that they're the only really well polished game that supports a variety of different races. They're even adding Pandas in the next expansion. Most games only support Humans and 1~2 other pseudo-humans races (like elf, or giant)... Really boring from an RPG aspect.

For people who start playing after Lich King - There are no problems to be had. We just play what's already there, and WoW's one of the (if not, the) most polished MMOs in the world.

And if it goes F2P - You probably will find yourself re-downloading it within the year. :P

For us, who still know the flavor of Vanilla WoW, the past years/patches/addons were a disgrace.
Quality degenerated into a sad mainstream whirlpool only aiming for the money.
Saddest part: Community doesnt care and keeps paying making it possible after all.
Raids/Dungeons are to difficult? Dont worry, we have fixed schedules to nerf them...

At Vanilla there was a 5 men dungeon once, hard like the rock (Movie AND actor), so late late in vanilla they decided to "nerf" it, guess what? It was remolded into a 10 men dungeon...
You had fun leveling/questing trough every sinlge dungeon, gathering equipment/reputation, now its just "+x% exp here +low level op here" just to skip everything and start raiding...

Sad sad days..
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:32am | Report
I played during WoTLK.

Hit 80 towards the release of Ulduar or ToC (can't remember)

I loved the game, my Warlock and I battled many an evil (or good depending on your idea of what a Warlock is).

THEN Cata came out, the leveling from 80-85 was a BLAST. Every instance, every quest, everything felt 1000 times better than WoTLK.....

THEN the PvP balances came out which put Frost mages even higher up on the OP BS scale. Warlcok DPS diminished and every other caster class seemed to be getting buffed and our rankings in PvE steadily dropped.

Raids were still fun, but the strain of trying to stay in a guild that wanted to raid but was unable to meet regularly became too much. So I've taken a break, I've missed Firelands and I may pick wow up again for the pandas...But tbh, it seems that Blizz is really getting desperate and are unable to see HOW they can fix their game now.

But that's because "Titan" project has all of their good first string designers and idea men/women working on it. Current WoW designers are the interns turned designers......
Phoenix0000ff
<Member>
Phoenix0000ff's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 8:39am | Report
I played wow since the sundering of the world.

FOR OVER 10,000 years. >.O

I once said people will look back at WoW in the future and say I was there.

No (MMO) king rules forever.
Self proclaimed worlds best Jungle Twitch player
You can find my one and only guide here.
I love you.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 9:06am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

For those who haven't seen this yet.

What do you think of it? Personally, I'm delighted - I tried WoW; enjoyed it, but not enough to stay subscribed very long.

This sort of desperation from Blizzard means WoW is closer to getting onto the F2P bandwagon. :)

Hopefully, they'll enter F2P following Riot's example of not selling power, but LoL's not an MMO... Have to wait and see.

Holy ****, are people REALLY this dumb? o_o

Blizzard doesn't give two ****s about WoW.

If it went F2P that would RUIN THEM.

Their current scheme/plan is to soak as much cash from WoW as possible in order to get money for D3, SC3, and Warcraft 4 if they plan to make those games, Titan as well.

They aren't putting millions of dollars into developing content for WoW, because it isn't a priority.

They are losing players because they have no content updates, but

An advert featuring chuck norris is "desperation"? No, it's ****ing easy money.

Chuck Norris is 71 years old, and you think getting an old, out of work(relative to being Chuck Norris) actor to do an advertisement is "desperation"?

This isn't a cry out to get more people playing the game, it's a cry to get more subscribers.

Just like the "Year of WoW" is.

You sign up for 12 months of recurring WoW, and are gaurenteed access to the Mists of Pandaria beta, you get a $25 value mount, and you receive Diablo 3 for free.

So, you pay $140-160 for a Year of WoW, beta Access, D3, and a $25 FREE mount.

Basically, Blizzard is getting thousands of people to subscribe for a year (You can't contractually stop in the middle.).

Blizzard isn't desperate.

Blizzard is calculative as ****.
Tri lane for life.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 9:32am | Report
^^ You mean they have amazing business sense and know how to exploit people for their money while offering a relatively fair trade.

Yup, that's why I love them and hate them ALL at once.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2011 11:28am | Report
WoW... *sigh*
It was awsm with Clasic and good with BC. But everything after ...guys if you started with WotLK you don't know the WoW i loved once. The game got bad...really bad you just don't know it. The game may be still average but i just is not anymore what it was meant to be.
Thanks lgnition for the Sig.
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide