Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

CAC 1 - Part 3a - Skill Concept Discussion

Creator: Jebus McAzn April 7, 2011 11:03am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 1:44pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

I really like Jebus's idea of basically, a reverse Black Shield that makes the target immune to allied spells. I feel like since morgana's is a regular spell, this could be as well (as in not the ult)

For another spell I'd like to see something that encourages the enemy team to spread out, causing confusion. My idea for this would be a debuff that bounces between allies within a certain range, and grows stronger the more it bounces (or have it be immediately strong and not go stronger). This will make them have to spread out fast, and split the support up from some of the team which fits with the anti-support theme.

I guess my skill wasn't worded well enough, because my intent was to make the enemy split up.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 1:45pm | Report
That would be very powerful and would essentially completely shut down Tryndamere and Kayle as viable characters, although Kayle isn't that viable to begin with.

A system where a character is simply unable to be targeted by spells would be balanced, I feel, because it would still allow the AD carries to rip a person apart, and would also allow skillshot nukers more leeway. Janna's Monsoon, for example, would be unaffected by this spell.
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 2:20pm | Report
Hey Jebus, "I really wish I could show my kit suggestion though :P can I post it on the forums?"
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 3:05pm | Report
@ Trojan, yours does discourage staying together, but I just think it would be too hard to implement because the range (for deciding if we should group people) would have to be ridiculous to ever include 5 people in it. It just seems really RNG.

Mine inspires more chaos and on the fly decision making from the other team because once the debuff is applied and starts jumping around the other team has to decide where to go instantly to recieve the least amount of debuff possible. I think it is more disruptive as far as splitting the team up and hurting the supporter.

Mine forces people to split up once they're together, yours discourages bunching to begin with, which a lot of other champions already do (galio, vlad, malphite, etc).
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 3:07pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

@ Trojan, yours does discourage staying together, but I just think it would be too hard to implement because the range (for deciding if we should group people) would have to be ridiculous to ever include 5 people in it. It just seems really RNG.

Mine inspires more chaos and on the fly decision making from the other team because once the debuff is applied and starts jumping around the other team has to decide where to go instantly to recieve the least amount of debuff possible. I think it is more disruptive as far as splitting the team up and hurting the supporter.

Mine forces people to split up once they're together, yours discourages bunching to begin with, which a lot of other champions already do (galio, vlad, malphite, etc).

Oh.

Well I had that intent, it just didn't seem to work so well

But you have a great point.
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 3:45pm | Report
i like jebus and mowen's anti spell shield idea.

i was also thinking of something like zhonya's active? kinda the opposite of kayles ult where it would just take someone out of the teamfight for a few seconds (like 4 max.) where they wouldn't be able to cast/recieve spells or attack or move or anything.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Mastarwe
<Member>
Mastarwe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 3:56pm | Report
I came to think of a possibility:
How about a spell effect that makes the next ability hit for true damage (and because of this bypassing shields). It would be good with supports, since the shield will be ignored for a bit, aswell as without support (ignoring armor / MR).
I'm back!
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 4:00pm | Report
Mastarwe wrote:

I came to think of a possibility:
How about a spell effect that makes the next ability hit for true damage (and because of this bypassing shields). It would be good with supports, since the shield will be ignored for a bit, aswell as without support (ignoring armor / MR).

This sounds like a great idea (if it isn't OP, which it might be).
FreestyleZer0
<Member>
FreestyleZer0's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 5:26pm | Report
Basicly buff steal or buff penalty's (when caster uses a buff self or given by an ally) seems more anti support to me, i agree with Mowen's idea yeah, it would fit nicely for an ultimate perhaps.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 7, 2011 6:02pm | Report
TehGus wrote:

Hey Jebus, "I really wish I could show my kit suggestion though :P can I post it on the forums?"

Patience, patience. :P

We'll discuss kits and skillsets later - is there any way you can post general concepts for your skills?

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide