Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

If they remove Oracle's Elixir...

Creator: GrandmasterD January 18, 2012 7:15pm
1 2
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2012 12:08am | Report

I've read your arguments, but the best one is replacing it by the Extract.

Yeah, my suggestion wins! 1 vote, but I can be happy about it. :P

Also, did you guys not hear about the stealth rework a while back? It had nothing to do with removing stealth from the face of LoL. Twitch and Evelynn were going to be given significant buffs on their base stats, have their kits reworked (mostly ultimates, stealth abilities and passives) and they would be given permanent stealth upon skilling of a particular ability. The stealth would break upon autoattacking and resume after a few seconds (probably able to delay or interrupt it).

The BIG change to stealth was going to be it's effect on enemy champions. Every champion would be able to detect an enemy twitch/evelynn within a small range of their champ (kind of like a mini Oracle's Elixir, but smaller and permanent). If you could stay in range of a stealth champion, they wouldn't be able to cloak and escape, and they can't just walk up to you for a gank and destealth at point blank range. Evelynn was going to be given a gap closer to compensate for her melee range, and her stun was going to be restored.

These two champions would be tagged "Invisible," while "stealthed" champions with short term cloaks like Akali, Shaco, Vayne, Talon etc. would remain unchanged. They would actually be a little stronger since Oracle's Elixir was going to be removed. Vision Wards would function the same as they always have, but invisible champions would be able to move past minions or sight wards without being detected (not towers of course).

That was pretty much the gist of it. In that kind of game, I could live without oracle's. I do think that hextech sweeper would be a fun item to use in SR as long as it was properly tested and balanced. I suggested Oracle's Extract on the assumption that the stealth rework would not accompany the removal of Oracle's Elixir.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2012 6:15am | Report
Yeah, but THAT was the first idea of the stealth rework.
Until it will be official implemented they could change it into sth completely different.

A PERM stealth is not an option IMO.
Even with a Mini-Oracle, the fact that stealth champs will stalk their prey instead of a quick dive into enemy territory + gank is a pretty sad handling of stealth.

They should use Oracle's Extract on SR and reducing "perm" stealth to 10 secs max time, render Invis Wards unnecessary and forcing stealth gankers to reflect upon their way of doing things.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2012 11:10am | Report
Katarina has a little Oracle's of her own. Her ult will not light up unless she is near an enemy champion because she can't use it unless an enemy champion is close enough.

I think having these stealth champions is a good thing. It gives people a different style of play, a different kind of assassination. I would agree to maybe a 10-15 seconds max, also agreeing to something more like Extract. These stealth champions don't need nearly an entire minute of stealth to get the job done, true.

I just feel like some of this reworking will make these champions seem far too much like another random champion. For example, I feel like giving Evelynn an extremely temporary stealth and gap closer makes her look like a pitiful version of Akali.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2012 11:25am | Report
You pay 75 gold for vision. You should damn well be allowed to keep it >:[

Although the hextech sweeper sounds fine :) Could even be a + to gameplay.

The extract I don't like as much. Functions exactly the same and the supports would always have one on deck etc.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 19, 2012 11:44am | Report
animorte wrote:

I just feel like some of this reworking will make these champions seem far too much like another random champion. For example, I feel like giving Evelynn an extremely temporary stealth and gap closer makes her look like a pitiful version of Akali.

Nah not rly.
While Akali's stealth is more of a short-distance escape tool and a AoE untargetable spell, Eve uses her stealth the same way Twitch does: Evade getting targeted and close in on an appropriate target.

She doesnt need a gap closer, skip this Mini-Oracle on every champ idea completely.
Stealth champs should take more risks trying to gank single ppl instead of walking in the jungle completely unnoticed when there aren't 2-3 Vision Wards scattered or 2-3 ppl with Oracle walking around.

Also with a max stealth of ~10 secs, no Vision Wards but a cheap temp Oracle Invis champs like Vayne/Akali/Wukong wouldnt be to hardcore to deal with.
200-250g for 3-5 min Oracle should even help you out early game while laning against them.
2-3 ppl spending 600-800g per game to mess up the playstyle of some Akali/Shaco lamer combination completely should be fun.

And + for Hextech Sweeper, but not in that hardcore "mandatory on Ap champs if the enemy uses stealth champs"-shape.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 21, 2012 2:42pm | Report
You could always make it a bigger risk in buying oracle. Liking upping the price.

Or go dota route and let the killer of oracle steal the buff.

Or you could just make it so the bearer of the buff is worth more money when killed.
blackleo
<Member>
blackleo's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2012 2:36am | Report

Stealth is fun but only if its very short. Such as if twitch's stealth would be like 4/5/6/7/8 seconds it would be fun enough.

a champ like twitch is so slow that his stealth is his only escape mechanism other than maybe his slow or flash/ghost. You just need to stun him and he die. True they rely too much but its because its apart of them, if they don't its like saying a trynd shouldn't rely on his ult too much, i think i know which one is less fun.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 22, 2012 7:43am | Report

You could always make it a bigger risk in buying oracle. Liking upping the price.

Or you could just make it so the bearer of the buff is worth more money when killed.

seem like decent options but the last thing you want to do is focus an enemy Rammus even though he is worth more gold.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 23, 2012 1:02pm | Report

DotA terms aren't always working on LoL.

This way noone except tanks/off-tanks would get Oracle and those who are stealth targets will only tankhug. One "Woopie" for offensive gameplay.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide