Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Morgana VS Swain Match-Up

Creator: Viola Orpheus September 22, 2012 1:49pm
1 2
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 1:33pm | Report
Dang, you guys really opened my thoughts about this match-up. Be it for the 1vs1 or the standard 5vs5.

So if I understand correctly, in a 1vs1 situation Morgana has the advantage of being able to push really hard against Swain, but somewhat loses this after level 6 since he can go Ravenous Flock and be sustained much longer than Morg can?

Whereas in the 5vs5 situation, Swain has the upperhand unless I manage to force him to farm under the tower and his jungler can't really gank me for whatever reason (Be it he's worried about Black Shield, or he's busy focusing bot/top, or etc) pre-level 6. Where as post-level 6, it's mostly solidified that Swain has the advantage if we're even, unless he's behind for whatever reason or he's dumb.

My current list of champs I can use as AP mids are (I'm hoping I didn't miss anybody): Ahri, Akali, Karthus, Janna, Morgana, Kayle, Sona, Master Yi, Soraka, Evelynn, and Annie. With that said, out of this champion pool, who would you guys say stands a better chance against him over Morg? If none, who would you guys suggest that I pick up?
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 2:38pm | Report
Morg has a better teamfight disruption, Swain's damage is overtime, it's different. You can initiate, he can't, it's different niches ;) As for ganks, you're morg: you go in, last hit, start pushing with pool, get out. Rinse and repeat. You're undertower most of the time, so no problem, specially if you ward.

Soraka mid can screw him pre-6 fine, and if you get a kill he's gonna have a hard time. Master yi AP works if he doesn't know you too well. Annie also may work. I don't recommend Ahri, akali or karthus at all

Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 8:09am | Report
Akali could really have some probs pre-6, but Ahri?
Nah, she definitely has some potential to terminate Swain.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 10:35am | Report
I just lost a match versus a Morg as Swain; although I was fine in mid, jungler screwed me by letting her steal blue (I warded the brush to avoid it, she used pool, he smited, so she had permaheal mid and I didn't. She was able to farm through the roof)

So maybe.. steal his blue?

Anastasios
<Member>
Anastasios's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 11:00am | Report
If you do play an 1v1, do NOT play on PG.
In SR, there is a "linear" progression of power. You farm, you go back and buy, he farms, he goes back and buys.
In PG though, since you can't go back, there are big "jumps" in power. For example, let's say you kill him, and he comes back with a Rod of Ages and t2 boots, while you still have your starting item. He clearly has a huge advantage, so he kills you, and you come back with Rabadons and Abyssal, you kill him, he comes back stronger, etc.

Many thanks to MissMaw, LaCorpse, Xiron, Arcana3 and Joxuu for making me sigs!
Viola Orpheus
<Member>
Viola Orpheus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 12:49pm | Report
Are you two mind readers? Me and my friend (Who I mentioned in the opening post as the one I'm going up against) have just talked about the things you guys mentioned at school during our breaks earlier today. XD

FalseoGod wrote:

I just lost a match versus a Morg as Swain; although I was fine in mid, jungler screwed me by letting her steal blue (I warded the brush to avoid it, she used pool, he smited, so she had permaheal mid and I didn't. She was able to farm through the roof)

So maybe.. steal his blue?

My friend has admitted that if his blue gets stolen, he'll be at a disadvantage over the opposing champion, especially if that champ has a skill/passive/item that gives them sustain (i.e. Ahri, Morgana) even after level 6. He said that he has countered this by getting a Chalice of Harmony, but it slightly delays his build apparently.

Anastasios wrote:

If you do play an 1v1, do NOT play on PG.
In SR, there is a "linear" progression of power. You farm, you go back and buy, he farms, he goes back and buys.
In PG though, since you can't go back, there are big "jumps" in power. For example, let's say you kill him, and he comes back with a Rod of Ages and t2 boots, while you still have your starting item. He clearly has a huge advantage, so he kills you, and you come back with Rabadons and Abyssal, you kill him, he comes back stronger, etc.

We both have agreed earlier this morning that we're not going to play on PG if we ever do play against each other. The 'cannot recall/buy' thing really screws players over. Which is the reason why we lost a lot of PG matches (Be it ARAM or blind pick), even though we had a good lead over the other team beforehand.
Many thanks to Xiao, jhoijhoi, TinyStar, Tsuki, and WOMBO for the sigs!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide