Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

OTG's ideas to improve champions for Season 6.

Creator: OTGBionicArm September 2, 2015 2:49pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 9, 2015 1:53am | Report
The last sentence was what I was trying to say, but I'm kind of drunk so I probably make zero sense right now.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2015 7:32am | Report
I would like to see Clairvoyance now also placing a ward like from Farsight Orb which lasts for 15 seconds, but making it targetable and limiting its range which depends on level and that Clarity now restores 100% of mana to yourself 50% to the rest.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2015 1:08pm | Report
There's no reason to have CV restore 100% of your mana on use. I mean, why would you take anything else at that point? It won't be a 100% useful spell like flash is, but people that are vulnerable without mana would take it, and never really care about mana conservation again. I mean, imagine if you always had enough mana for a full Lux or Vel'koz combo. Imagine if you never had to worry about how much you were poking with Ziggs. It would just be stupid and create a really boring game.

As for CV placing a ward, I don't see why you'd limit it at all. You're already sacrificing a summoner slot that you could use for something better, and you can just buy into CV, while still keeping that combat skill if you really want to. There's overlapping designs there where one is simply better than the other.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2015 4:05pm | Report
is CV even still in the game?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2015 4:29pm | Report
Yup, it's core to Disco Nunu & Willump. :^)
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2015 3:22am | Report
The only use CV has is to use it on top of your dead enemies to show dominance, lol.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2015 8:50am | Report
I would limit it because of the CV TP combination possibilities with that. Basically, the idea is, while you can't teleport to the ward from Farsight Orb, you can teleport to the ward of Clairvoyance, which creates a wider spectrum of mapplay.

Clarity already restores 40% of mana which also is a full combo or more. Well, Clarity is a totally unbalanceable summoner spell anyway, maybe rework it to be part of an item?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2015 9:55am | Report
So, you're giving it a new function, which isn't information gathering, but actually just allowing anyone to be wherever they want as long as teleport is up? Why would you ever pick TF if that was the case?

CV was never meant to be a map control spell, that's what Teleport was made for. Secondly, why would you want to Teleport into somewhere you had no vision, except for that free ward? You'd probably die instantly. So you'd really only want to TP to somewhere where you had other wards, in which case, you could just TP to one of the other wards in the area. If you want to TP to a lane that nobody else is in, the vision argument still stands.

Basically, there's no reason to use your suggested CV/TP combo. You lose out on Flash or Ignite, or you'd be TPing to a place and probably die shortly after. The only time it could be even remotely useful is if you're planning on doing a super sneaky base backdoor. And in that case, you could've just placed a ward there normally, and it's also something you can't plan from the pick stage.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2015 10:12am | Report
I don't think you understand the combo potential this would have in coordianted play where for example the support takes CV then and Mid/Top take TP. Especially in cases where you know where the enemy is, but you have no ward behind them to flank, which happens quite often against teams with good ward control.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 11, 2015 10:58am | Report
I think coordinated play is fine the way it is. CV got removed because we have the Scrying orb trinket now, and Riot has always said that clarity is meant for new players and is not actually a "serious" summoner spell. There's no point in reworking either of them when there are items in place that take over their purpose.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide