Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Support Ashe

Creator: AncientNecro April 13, 2013 6:45am
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 7:16am | Report
Also, if you add Red Buff

(100%-35%)-30%)-15% = 38,675% = 61,325 % slow.
He is gonna kill you!!!
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 7:43am | Report
Where did you learn to build Muramana on Ashe? Maybe from Ashe bot?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 7:46am | Report
Nope, from a ARAM match :D

Worked pretty 1337 :D
Change is gooooood

Je suis le bee
~ Meiyjhe ~
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 9:09am | Report
The first time I tried it I went with something Akin to Dkittens build, without the Black Cleaver and with Gold items / generic support wards start. We won the game, I played my role exceptionally well, but it didn't feel like I had as much influence on the game as I wanted to. This could be because I'm newer with Ashe, and because I'm just feeling out a new support role for her.

I like Meiyjhe's idea as well, except I probably wouldn't build Muramana. I didn't notice any mana issues in my first game and the only mana regen I had was Philo Stone. I'll try that next time I get a team that actually lets me fly as support Ashe :)

One thing I refuse to get rid of are my Gold quints and support masteries up to pickpocket. They must remain :)

DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 9:53am | Report
Make sure your partner is AD Sona. That'll throw your enemies into a loop XD
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 10:58am | Report
Better AD Thresh than AD Sona.^^
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 12:04pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Better AD Thresh than AD Sona.^^

I might consider taking Flash-Clarity on Ashe with an AD Sona. The harass would be completely un-bearable. Thresh is a great idea too, but you'd have to play a lot safer with the lack of sustain. That's fine though, because you have to play that way with most ADC's anyway.

lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 4:40pm | Report
FroMal would be a stupid pickup. Slows don't stack well. You only get 100% of the largest slow, and then all other slows are applied multiplicatively at 35% effectiveness. So you'd get the 35% slow from Frost Arrows, but only a 10.5% additional slow from the FroMal, resulting in a total slow percent of about 41.85%. You only get some 6% slow from adding 3k gold worth of item (which you probably won't be able to afford in any reasonable amount of time), and it doesn't even apply on Volley.

I'm not going to bother calculating what red buff would do. As a support, you should never count on having it. And, again, it doesn't stack that way.

CDR for ult and Volley spam is probably going to be important, so I'd suggest an early Shurelya's Battlesong, after Philo, Sightstone, and tier 1 boots. It'll also make you much more able to peel for whoever's carrying. Another CDR pickup like Locket of the Iron Solari would also be great, especially if you can convince someone else to rush Aegis for you. Upgrade boots whenever necessary, but don't worry too much about sitting on tier 1 boots if you haven't needed anything else yet. Likewise, upgrade your Sightstone some time after laning is over.

Besides Volley, you don't have much actual peeling power, so a Mikael's Blessing could work very well after you've finished a couple of items. But, honestly, if the game goes on long enough that you can get upgraded boots, two CDR items, and a Ruby Sightstone, plus have enough money lying around for more items, something strange is going on. Other possible late items include things already mentioned here, but I wouldn't count on these sorts of luxury items in most games; it's really, really difficult to build a lot of stuff on a support unless your team is winning really hard, and if your team is winning really hard the game shouldn't last that long.

For runes, armor reds, armor yellows, MR blues (scaling if you can get away with it), and GP10 quints are always solid. Ashe's low base armor is probably going to make the armor reds necessary, and you won't do real damage at any point in the game anyway so you don't have to worry about losing an offensive rune there. Alternatively, go for AD reds for early game harass, but be aware that this can turn on you really quickly against ADCs with good level 1 trades, like Draven.

For masteries, I'd suggest 1/13/16. Pick up both points of Unyielding and Block for better early game trading with the enemy ADC, which is going to be your only method of zoning. You're also deep enough in the utility tree to grab all four points of Greed , which is really going to help get your items out. I tend to prefer four points in Awareness over most of what's available that low in utility, because the job of a support tends to take you away from lane exp, but grabbing Wealth and Explorer are also reasonable choices. Something that looks like this would be my choice, with the points in Awareness moved if necessary and one of the points in Perseverance moved to Safeguard if you tend to dive.

Exhaust/Flash or Exhaust/Ghost. You'll probably die if you get jumped on really hard, anyway, so better kiting with Ghost seems viable at first blush; don't quote me on that, though.

Gameplay wise, it doesn't sound like you'd have much to do other than sit in one of the lane bushes and harass the enemy ADC with autos. You don't want to Volley the wave, since that would push and leave you more open to getting engaged on. Max Frost Arrows for better slow, use autos and Volley on the enemy ADC if they try to engage, and harass. At 6, you can initiate with your ult, but don't miss it and definitely don't try to snipe other lanes with it unless your lane is stomping crazy hard; this will leave you way too open to the enemies. As the game progresses, use Hawkshot to scout dangerous areas before you ward them or to check objectives. Max Volley second for CDR.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 13, 2013 11:49pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

FroMal would be a stupid pickup. Slows don't stack well. You only get 100% of the largest slow, and then all other slows are applied multiplicatively at 35% effectiveness. So you'd get the 35% slow from Frost Arrows, but only a 10.5% additional slow from the FroMal, resulting in a total slow percent of about 41.85%. You only get some 6% slow from adding 3k gold worth of item (which you probably won't be able to afford in any reasonable amount of time), and it doesn't even apply on Volley.

I'm not going to bother calculating what red buff would do. As a support, you should never count on having it. And, again, it doesn't stack that way.

CDR for ult and Volley spam is probably going to be important, so I'd suggest an early Shurelya's Battlesong, after Philo, Sightstone, and tier 1 boots. It'll also make you much more able to peel for whoever's carrying. Another CDR pickup like Locket of the Iron Solari would also be great, especially if you can convince someone else to rush Aegis for you. Upgrade boots whenever necessary, but don't worry too much about sitting on tier 1 boots if you haven't needed anything else yet. Likewise, upgrade your Sightstone some time after laning is over.

Besides Volley, you don't have much actual peeling power, so a Mikael's Blessing could work very well after you've finished a couple of items. But, honestly, if the game goes on long enough that you can get upgraded boots, two CDR items, and a Ruby Sightstone, plus have enough money lying around for more items, something strange is going on. Other possible late items include things already mentioned here, but I wouldn't count on these sorts of luxury items in most games; it's really, really difficult to build a lot of stuff on a support unless your team is winning really hard, and if your team is winning really hard the game shouldn't last that long.

For runes, armor reds, armor yellows, MR blues (scaling if you can get away with it), and GP10 quints are always solid. Ashe's low base armor is probably going to make the armor reds necessary, and you won't do real damage at any point in the game anyway so you don't have to worry about losing an offensive rune there. Alternatively, go for AD reds for early game harass, but be aware that this can turn on you really quickly against ADCs with good level 1 trades, like Draven.

For masteries, I'd suggest 1/13/16. Pick up both points of Unyielding and Block for better early game trading with the enemy ADC, which is going to be your only method of zoning. You're also deep enough in the utility tree to grab all four points of Greed , which is really going to help get your items out. I tend to prefer four points in Awareness over most of what's available that low in utility, because the job of a support tends to take you away from lane exp, but grabbing Wealth and Explorer are also reasonable choices. Something that looks like this would be my choice, with the points in Awareness moved if necessary and one of the points in Perseverance moved to Safeguard if you tend to dive.

Exhaust/Flash or Exhaust/Ghost. You'll probably die if you get jumped on really hard, anyway, so better kiting with Ghost seems viable at first blush; don't quote me on that, though.

Gameplay wise, it doesn't sound like you'd have much to do other than sit in one of the lane bushes and harass the enemy ADC with autos. You don't want to Volley the wave, since that would push and leave you more open to getting engaged on. Max Frost Arrows for better slow, use autos and Volley on the enemy ADC if they try to engage, and harass. At 6, you can initiate with your ult, but don't miss it and definitely don't try to snipe other lanes with it unless your lane is stomping crazy hard; this will leave you way too open to the enemies. As the game progresses, use Hawkshot to scout dangerous areas before you ward them or to check objectives. Max Volley second for CDR.

Baka's pretty much nailed it, like ususal ;) love you bro.

Ashe's slow by itself is already pretty strong. To take full advantage of this, improving her ability to help the carry kite ( Shurelya's Battlesong) is of utmost importance. After that, SOME defense should be taken, so that someone cannot just instakill you then move onto your carry - you need to become tanky enough so that if a bruiser/assassin focuses you rather than the adc, they will be punished severely ( Aegis of the Legion, Locket of the Iron Solari, and MAYBE zeke's herald depending on team comp).

Ashe support remains an okay pick, because of her consistent slow, her awareness, and her semi-reliable hard CC. Due to ashe's innate squishiness, and lack of defensive abilities, i would strongly suggest against picking her when facing champions that deal AoE damage, or have ability resets (mf, kat, yi, etc)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 9:33pm | Report
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Gold

Max Volley first and use your passive to chuck at early levels. No reason to buy FM, your Ashe. I would honestly just build a philosopher's stone and then ADC stuff. Just help your main ADC kite and maybe pick up a Runic Bulwark.
+Rep me if i'm useful!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide