Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Why don't people get Trinity Force on vayne

Creator: utopus March 21, 2014 3:45pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2014 1:27pm | Report
If you go Trinity Force build, go something like:

Blade of the Ruined King, BOOTS, Trinity Force, Last Whisper

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2014 2:24pm | Report
Begging to differ. Two of the best AD carries in EU LCS (CandyPanda and Tabzz) say that they prefer Trinity Force over Statikk Shiv right now as long as you're not behind the other ADC.

And Yoxuu is right, build would be blade - tf - lw.
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2014 7:27pm | Report
No let's say Vayne already has a built-in tank shredder passive. Builds usually go full AS and Crit with nothing else.
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2014 8:08pm | Report
BlueArtist wrote:

No let's say Vayne already has a built-in tank shredder passive. Builds usually go full AS and Crit with nothing else.

Does that make LW unnecessary? By that line of thought, ez and kass, who have build-in flash, should take something else instead of it.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 22, 2014 9:42pm | Report
Fat_fast wrote:
Does that make LW unnecessary? By that line of thought, ez and kass, who have build-in flash, should take something else instead of it.

Exactly. And it's also every 3 attacks instead of every attack. And she has to focus the tank with her skills, or do no damage.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2014 8:01am | Report
Fat_fast wrote:

Vayne still has massive AA damage (ult and Q) which means not getting LW hurts you either way.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2014 11:29am | Report
Embracing wrote:

And with no last whisper you'd do suboptimal damage to tanks as a trade off for more utility.

Not worth.

Not sure anymore, but someone did the math last season and Vayne actually gets a dps increase from 2x Phantom Dancer instead of Last Whisper. So technically you don't need last whisper if you replace it with something like Statikk Shiv or Phantom Dancer, but I'm not sure on the math for this season
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 23, 2014 11:12pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

Not sure anymore, but someone did the math last season and Vayne actually gets a dps increase from 2x Phantom Dancer instead of Last Whisper. So technically you don't need last whisper if you replace it with something like Statikk Shiv or Phantom Dancer, but I'm not sure on the math for this season

That's purely theoretical and doesn't go like that in practice because it A) assumes you put 100% of the attack speed to use and B) Get silver bolts off all the time. In practice it doesn't work out that well because you're kiting all the time and you often have to switch targets.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2014 12:09am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

That's purely theoretical and doesn't go like that in practice because it A) assumes you put 100% of the attack speed to use and B) Get silver bolts off all the time. In practice it doesn't work out that well because you're kiting all the time and you often have to switch targets.

It's theoretical, but I wouldn't say it's not practical. Yes your single auto attacks will hit harder with Last Whisper and yes you are not relying on Silver Bolts procs, but at the same time, the meta is dominated by dive-heavy bruiser such as Shyvana, Dr. Mundo, and Renekton that focus on the back line. I really don't think it's that inconceivable that you're hitting them for a majority of the fight.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
BlueArtist
<Member>
BlueArtist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 24, 2014 1:01am | Report
So my argument here again, is you gotta kite well. Anyway this discussion has ventured off the original topic on Trinity Force...
My #2 RumbleGuide

^^ Thanks toUbnoxius,Xiaowiriamu,Natuhlee and Hogopogo for the sig!

Please give me a +rep if I helped you.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide