Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

2v1 Lane strategies

Creator: theBMB August 18, 2011 1:11am
1 2 3
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 1:11am | Report
I've noticed jungling become more and more uncommon for some reason, and that often leads to a situation where 1 team has a jungler and 1 doesn't. In these cases, is it worth it for the jungler to stick to the jungle? As far as I can tell, there aren't ANY champions who can consistently maintain control in a 2v1 lane. This usually leads to the solo champ getting pushed to their tower, or worse completely zoned out by competent players. In these cases the top champ not only can't farm and/or level, but you're now at high risk of losing the top tower early. Are the benefits of jungling justified in this case? Even if the jungler does come to gank early, it's still a dangerous situation since it's a normal 2v2 situation, but in all likelihood the enemy champs will have much higher health.
deathalo44
<Member>
deathalo44's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 3:32am | Report
The jungler should stop jungling if his teammate needs help, or help asap.
Amumu Guide :D

Eve guide :D

Hope whatever I say helps! :D

PS : Not all my criticism is good. Most of the time, I just talk like that anyway. So forgive me if you get offended, unless you just can't look from my angle, or at least close enough.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 8:06am | Report
Agree with that. ^
If you can see you have a jungler, try to get someone to pick Malz. He can push like a boss. Also, having a really fast jungler can help so he can gank really early. Maokai, Shaco(If he doesn't bug) and Super-leashed Udyr all work for this.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 8:09am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

Agree with that. ^
If you can see you have a jungler, try to get someone to pick Malz. He can push like a boss. Also, having a really fast jungler can help so he can gank really early. Maokai, Shaco(If he doesn't bug) and Super-leashed Udyr all work for this.

Ya true, but pretty much all of this is impossible to guarantee when playing solo (normal or ranked). So, basically the only real strategy is for the jungler to not jungle. Is it wrong that the whole jungling strategy can be countered so easily?
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 8:15am | Report
2 strategies for stopping a terrible junger.
Pick the jungler and lock in as them or, Pick malz if you have a jungler.

I'm usually the jungler so, I know when people should stop jungling and I tell them to. It's kinda weird that people listen to me so well.
True love is found only in yourself.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 9:11am | Report
One time, i was playing Morde vs Morde+Akali, and i went 12/3/5 that game or something similar.

Morde vs Akali is already a hard lane, add in Mordekaiser to that, and you have a basically impossible lane, so how did i accomplish this score?

Basically, your job in a 2v1 lane is to NOT DIE.

Stay within xp range, maybe get a gp/5 (I bought kage's), and just farm at your tower, that's how you win any 2v1 lane.

Of course, if their lane comp is such that they can tower dive you for kills at their whim, then you need to start getting ganks from mid+jungle to counter it, and get caught up in cs and such.

And it definitely doesn't help if your jungler isn't good.
Tri lane for life.
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 2:12pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

One time, i was playing Morde vs Morde+Akali, and i went 12/3/5 that game or something similar.

Morde vs Akali is already a hard lane, add in Mordekaiser to that, and you have a basically impossible lane, so how did i accomplish this score?

Basically, your job in a 2v1 lane is to NOT DIE.

Stay within xp range, maybe get a gp/5 (I bought kage's), and just farm at your tower, that's how you win any 2v1 lane.

Of course, if their lane comp is such that they can tower dive you for kills at their whim, then you need to start getting ganks from mid+jungle to counter it, and get caught up in cs and such.

And it definitely doesn't help if your jungler isn't good.

Pointing out how extremely common this is
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 2:26pm | Report
theBMB wrote:

Pointing out how extremely common this is

I was careless, died once in lane, and that is exactly what happened, i had to stay as close to the outside of xp range as possible, i lost tons of farm, and then had to get constant ganks from mid and my jungler until i could continue to lane.

The problem with their 2v1 lane, was they sent their two best laners there.

Our other two lanes raped super hard, and we won because basically it turned into a 2v4 because i was fairly useless(Just built straight AP, so i caught up and eventually did better because of positioning), but their other two lanes were useless as well.

If you're going to 2v1, it helps a lot to have an ultra sustain champion, a champion with a CC, or one with both, like Singed.

****ing seriously guys, singed is OP.
Tri lane for life.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 4:37pm | Report
^yea you don't know if you will have a 2v1 or not tho

but the thing is, IF you get good ganks, it overall proves better for your team even if you miss out on some early farm; they will be underleveled versus if they had a jungler, other lanes won't get ganks without their mid tower getting pushed down, and if you get some gp10 like Tem said, you can hold out until laning is over and it is safe to farm.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
3pthorror
<Member>
3pthorror's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2011 5:46pm | Report
pick a good 2v1 champ like heimer morde nidalee ww malz cait(cuz she got mad range dont recommend it though)....and then hope the rest of ur team can handle themselves lol this happens to me alot and i win my lane 2v1 all the time. heimer is best 2v1 imo.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide