Lee Sin Build Guide by borealiz
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Tanky Bruce Lee (Recommended)
Lee Sin Build
Late Game (sell spirit & mob boots)
Example Final Build
IF you decide to sell sightstone (I rarely do)
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
About the build.
1. I usually build Spirit of the Elder Lizard because it helps to clear jungle camps faster, otherwise you will spend too much time in the jungle. Lee Sin has one of the best ganks in the game so clearing camps faster gives you an advantage.
2. Mobility Boots - since Lee has brutal ganks these boots are very useful in the jungle and ganking. Sell these boots later if you are getting maxed, not very useful late game.
3. Sightstone - Great item on the Blind monk, very useful in ganking and escaping. MUST HAVE item on Lee Sin jungle. Also very helpful in counter-ganking and warding your jungle, you may also help your lanes if they have no ward. Very often when I'm maxed I sell it because it doesn't give much stats. 360+ health is not enough.
How I play Lee Sin.
The biggest mistake most Lee Sin junglers do : they take way too many kills and can't carry late game. My goal is easy : I mostly gank bot lane, if you can give your AD carry some kills and make him strong, it's mostly win after win. My job in the whole game is to protect my ADC or AP, specially in teamfights. Anyone comes near my precious ad carry, I shield to him (W) and Q-R combo the enemy out of there (also use locket in teamfight). If I can give much room to my marksman he can do so much damage it's just GG.
!!! BUT don't forget other lanes, I just prioritize bot lane since there are 2 players and perfect gank means 2 kills for my AD carry. Mid and top lane are very important as well, if they are having trouble you must help them out, Once again, don't take kills, give them to your laners and they will carry you later.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND playing Lee Sin tanky, otherwise you fall off late game and can't do much. As tank you can engage and towerdive easily. For example: with tanky build you can ward jump out of nowhere, kick enemy adc into middle of your team and flash out or you can also Q against an enemy minion/champ behind their adc, then kick him and ward jump out. There are many possibilities, timing is important though. If you get stunned/grabbed or whatever you will survive as tanky, not with damage Lee.
Jungle route (will update in s4 with new jungle)
RED - My usual jungle route (all with starting items)
BLUE - Useful wards in counter-jungling
YELLOW - Useful wards in protecting your jungle camps
GREEN - Wards in the river are always necessary
Green/yellow dot is your base!
GREEN - Easiest ganks, but river is mostly warded so not very succsesful
RED - Ganks from behind the enemy, can use ward jump to use R perfectly
BLUE - Mostly W Q combo ganks (W to friendly champ or minion and Q to enemy, may use ward jump) Can also go to the bush if it's not warded and do an easy gank
WHITE - Hardest ganks. Ward jumps needed and quite risky. Can't succeed against every champion, needs good timing and your teammate must be ready. I use ward jump and then R enemy champ to my teammate. Against many champions it won't work and might even fail hard (examples : Ahri, Aatrox, Fizz, Tristana, J4, Kha, Leblanc). Nothing is impossible though, if you time them correctly it's an easy kill
Pros / Cons
+ Strong early game
+ Very strong ganks
+ Good sustain
+ Strong counter-jungler
+ Great mobility
+ Fun to play
- Bad late game (if you haven't fed ur teammates)
- Very difficult champion
- Bad teamfighter (check above for "How i play Lee Sin)
- Relies much on Q spell (which I actually like)