Fiora Build Guide by Madballa007
Mastery Tree Is Outdated
WARNING: These masteries are still using the old tree and have not been updated to the new tree by the guide author. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello and welcome to a jungle, solo lane and carry build guide for the Grand Duelist, Fiora. In this guide I will explain why you should be playing this little lady and why she can be the most destructive carry in the game.The first guide on the left is solo lane while the other is a straight carry build.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
+ // Damage avoiding ult that can turn a team fight
+ // Jungles quickly and at medium health
+ // Amazing 1v1 and in a team fight
+ // SHE HAS A RAPIER!!!
- // Lackluster ganks if she misses her lunge
- // Long cooldowns early game
- // Not the best at farming in a lane
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage: // This gives you some early game damage.
- greater mark of desolation: // This gives you the extra armor pen needed to help with those pesky tanks.
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist: // This helps protect you from those darn pesky mages.
- Greater Seal of Scaling Magic Resist: // This helps protect you from other carries and those jungle mobs
Smite: // Always needed for a jungler an helps with clearing speed
Exhaust: // Helps set up ganks and gives you some much needed cc.
Flash: // I like this on her because it gives an escape that doesn't rely on hitting something with Burst of Speed or that can be countered by a slow like Ghost
Teleport: // Great for solo lane so you can get back to lane as quickly as possible.
Ignite: // This is great to ensure that kill early game and stop that hp regen on that Dr. Mundo or other high hp regen champ.
The reason I start Lunge with my lane builds is because I like the early poke and it can be something that allows you to farm without completely getting shredded by ranged champs. I level Burst of Speed first because it gives her a better farming ability and put out a large amount of damage. With the Berserker's Greaves and the Zeal you will be hitting an attack speed of nearly 1.8 at about 13 minutes which is amazing. Riposte is next because of its passive AD and the increase in the damage for the parry.
For jungle I always like starting with Vampiric Scepter because if you get a leash the health return can easily overcome the damage. As far as lane is concerned I think that Boots of Speed help with the mobility that Fiora needs to farm in a lane.
: // Attack speed and movement: two things that a carry should always have.
: // Let's you defend your self against that nasty cc and those pesky mages.
: // This item gives crit chance and attack speed and the movement speed a carry should have. I like this because this and Beserker's Greaves put her at 2.4 AS with Burst of Speed up.
: // Life steal and AD. Makes her ult oh so much better and makes that Burst of Speed ever so scary.
: // Blade Waltz procs on hit effects so you can deal 20% of a single targets health or knock a team down by 4%. Also works really well with burst of speed and gives the AS needed to push towards the cap. Let's not forget about the 40 AD as well.
: // AD and AS make this item plus the armor shreding passive make it really good on Blade Waltz and on her Burst of Speed
: // Crit chance, major AD and a passive that enhances crit make this a carry's dream. It doesn't work for a fighter because they dont build enough crit chance
: // Armor plus the little amount of crit make this a good item. Combined with Frozen Mallet the passive can give quite a bit of AD. Not as much without the Warmog's Armor but still a good amount.
: // Lets you shred through that tanks armor better than The Black Cleaver. Best against tankier teams with a lot of armor
: // Great fighter item. gives lifesteal, AD, armor, and a free ward to stop that pesky enemy jungler from stealing your buffs or ganking your lane.
- : // Great survivability item that gives you some much needed cc and allows you to stack Burst of Speed better.
Creeping / Jungling
Jungling is one area where the melee carries of this game excel. Fiora is no exception to this. She has the amazing ability to deflect an auto attack and deal damage at an incredible speed.
- My jungling route usually begins at blue buff because as you will realize she can be a little mana hungry early game. I have been able to solo blue buff at lvl.1 but i would never recommend it as an option if you can get a leash. Be sure to activate parry as the big golem turns toward you to deflect the damage. Parry on cooldown while the big golem is up.Make sure to smite that blue buff to finish. Now that the big guy is down be sure NOT to use Riposte since the little minions do not activate it and is therefore a waste of mana. Be sure to put a point in Burst of Speed after finishing the camp.
- Now you move to wolves. Start by activating both Burst of Speed and Riposte, again activating both on cooldown. Again STOP using Riposte after the big wolf is down. At the end there should be one small wolf left as Burst of Speed comes off cd. use it to finish the wolf and use the movement speed to move across mid-lane towards wraiths.
- Again open by activating both abilities and again STOP using Riposte after the blue wraith falls. After finishing move towards the two golems.
Here open the same but this is the only camp this early in the game that all the monsters can activate Riposte so keep spamming it.
- You will obtain lvl.3 after clearing the camp. After this you should check the closest lane and see if the lane is pushed to your turret. If it is take a point in Lunge and move to the river to make a gank on the lane. If the lane isn't pushed too far then take a point in Burst of Speed and move to red buff.
- Repeat the same concept as the previous camps and spam both abilities until the red lizard elder is nearly dead and smite to finish. Then just do Burst of Speed to finish the last two minions. Now wraiths should be up again so move towards them. Clear the camp and take a point in Lunge. Now check the far lane and mid lane. If either is in a position for a gank, move towards them and ping when you come out. If not go back to base and pick up Long Sword part of madred's razers. Then return to the jungle and cycle through until a gank is ready.
When ganking you should lead with Lunge onto the closest enemy champ if possible or a minion that is close to the weakest champ and then use the second to the champ. If you Lunge to a champ, DON'T use the second Lunge right away. Use Burst of Speed the second you land the first Lunge. If they start attacking you, use Riposte to block some of the damage and continue with Burst of Speed and use the second Lunge before it goes on cd. If they start running away this is when you use your second Lunge to chase them. If you get a kill, remember that the Burst of Speed cd resets and you can use it again. If they are starting to get away hit them with Exhaust so that you can continue to damage them and get that early kill.
In conclusion, Fiora can be a very dangerous carry or a high damage output fighter. If you are looking for a melee carry other than Master Yi, she can fill that role. Or if you are looking for that high damage yet survivable fighter then she is definitely the champ for you.
This is my first guide so comments are appreciated. I never realized the amount of time that guiide makers have to put in until I made this guide so I now have an appreciation for my fellow guide makers and to you I say thank you. Again thanks to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Fiora - A Double-Edged Sword
Fiora - the Striking Sword Top [S3]
By Return of Bob
Fiora ~ Fencing in mid lane. In process of being updated.
Fiora - Why do you attack so fast?