Gangplank Build Guide by lukesaysftw
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello, first off I would like to tell you this is my first guide.
And if you're going to downvote, I would like to know why.
Gangplank is in my opinion a squishy AD Carry. However, this can be fixed. With the right build.
Also, here's a song for you to enjoy while reading the guide!
Greater Mark of Critical Chance
Greater Seal of Critical Chance
Greater Glyph of Critical Chance
Greater Quintessence of Critical Damage
- Greater Mark of Critical Chance: Crit runes, for the early crits that are important. You can switch this to armor pen runes if you feel that suits you better.
- Greater Seal of Critical Chance: More crit. You can switch these runes for attack speed runes.
- Greater Glyph of Critical Chance: Even more crit... Switch these for CDR/level runes if you want.
- Greater Quintessence of Critical Damage: This is also for the early damage, each crit will deal massive damage with these runes in combination with the new masteries.
- Grog Soaked Blade (Q): Underrated passive imo, still very good though it's been nerfed.
- Parrrley (Q): Your main source of damage! This is the ability you're going to harass your enemy with. This ability also adds on hit effects, such as Grog Soaked Blade. use it wisely as you don't want to run out of mana. It is also very good to farm with as you get extra gold on every kill with it.
- Remove Scurvy (W): This ability is just amazing, it is basically like [heal] and [cleanse] in one. This is very good in lane but drains mana. It has saved me many times i've been CC'd/Ganked.
Raise Morale (E): Good AoE buff that gives you movement speed and attack damage, also a great passive.
- Cannon Barrage (R): Very good ulti that has many uses, such as killing enemys with low hp, behind towers etc. (The cannonballs aren't 100% to hit as they are random every time.) Even if you are trying to run from an enemy you can put it behind you as it is a constant slow. And the best thing about it, it's global.
Ignite: I choose this over Exhaust because you already have a slow.
Flash: This is a very good spell that can be used in many different ways, go through walls, flash away from someone or flash to someone. I don't know what spell to have here instead of this because this is the best imo.
Heal: This spell is instead of ignite, if you feel like you need a bit more survivability.
1: The tanky build.
The funny part about this build is that it's as strong as the other two.
But remember, you are NOT a tank.
Ok, so we start off with Boots of Speed and Health Potionx3.
The health potions are important because remember, you ARE squishy. You won't later though.
Next trip home you want tp grab Zeal and Ninja Tabi if you can afford. If the enemy team has alot of CC and AP, grab a pair of Mercury's Treads.
Then you want to complete your Trinity Force, starting with Phage and then Sheen.
You may think " Trinity Force as first item? on gangplank??" but don't worry. It does work.
Next item you want to build is Warmog's Armor. If you feel like the game is going to end pretty soon, get a Frozen Mallet instead.
Now build Atma's Impaler and watch your AD rise. Also it gives you crit chance. Which is a bonus.
Now, there's a couple of items to choose from. Either Infinity Edge if you're fed and are just murdering your enemys, Sunfire Cape if you need more armor or Force of Nature for more magic resist.
And last item would be Infinity Edge if you haven't already, or Phantom Dancer if you do.
2: The AD Carry.
This build is focused on dealing massive damage throughout the whole game.
Not too much to say about.
3: The AD Carry #2.
This build is for the ones who doesn't want to spend IP on runes to get the "early crit"
as I said.