Irelia Build Guide by SilentDecay
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
!!! Note: just a preview of my Guide. Will be complete soon !!!
Welcome to my Irelia - Guide.
In this Guide i will try to explain you how Irelia works.
Note: It may not fits your playstyle, i will explain most of the different ways to play Irelia, also note that my english sucks!
For Irelia there are different rune possibility's.
- Greater Mark of Desolation - 15 Armor Penetration.
- Greater Seal of Evasion - 6.8% Evasion, synergies well with Nimbleness and Ninja Tabi.
- Greater Seal of Armor - 13 Armor, synergies with Hardiness pretty much good against all AD Champions.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist - 24 Magic Resist / Level 18, depends if you want flat or per/level runes!
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - 13 Magic Resist, flat can be good against some but not all AP Champions, most of the time its probably better to get the per/level ones, but its your choice, both are strong picks.
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed - 4.5% Movement, pretty awesome and synergies so well with Quickness , get them if you want them.
- Greater Quintessence of Vigor - 8.1 HP / per 5s, has high synergie with Regrowth Pendant aswell as Doran's Shield and Strength of Spirit
- Greater Quintessence of Desolation - 10 Armor Penetration, sometimes you cant deal enough damage, if you think you need those 10 Armor Penetration, get them!
For Masteries they are different kind of views, but at all you need to synergies your masteries with your runes to be more efficient.
0/9/21 with increased HP/5 reg is the most common way, as Irelia has one of the highest natural HP/5 reg. Has very high synergie with Greater Quintessence of Vigor!
If you choose Greater Seal of Evasion over Greater Seal of Armor you want Nimbleness cause it helps you chasing down, or escaping enemy Champions.
Sometimes, you want/need more tankyness, when you see the enemy team has a ridiculous burst setup its good to have these 4% reduced damage.
Hybrid setup, you want a little bit more tankyness, but you dont want to lose the 3% movement speed from Quickness , 0/15/15 is the way to go! (Note you can also get Nimbleness over Strength of Spirit )
Strong Summoner Spells on Irelia are:
- Teleport - pretty much a must when you go on solo lane.
- Ghost - i prefer it over Flash at anytime, cause you can use Ghost either defensive while also offensive
- Flash - its an awesome Summoner Spell to escape ganks, it can also used offensive, but i dont recommend it cause once you used Flash offensive you cannot escape any possible incoming gank at the same time.
- Ignite - probably the best Summoner Spell to secure a First Blood, it has a high synergie with your Hiten Style(active).
- Exhaust - pretty awesome to counter these "rightclick to win" - Champions. Get it if the enemy Team has such an annoying Tryndamere or Master Yi
This is probably the most complex part of this Guide.
They are different items to start with:
- Regrowth Pendant 1x Health Potion
Explaination: If you facing an AP Carry on your lane you want a Regrowth Pendant rushed into an Philosopher's Stone
- Doran's Shield
Explaination: Pretty often you want to start with a Doran's Shield as it gives you 120 HP combinied with 8HP/5 reg and 10 Armor, gives you awesome lane sustainability
- Boots of Speed 3x Health Potion (or wait some seconds after spawn for 4x Health Potion)
Explaination: If you need mobility Boots of Speed is the way to go, highly recommend against Champions who relay highly on skillshots!
- Sapphire Crystal 2x Health Potion
Explaination: If you want to rush your Sheen you want to start with an Sapphire Crystal, a rushed Sheen can be strong against some Champions
Core Items (Items you want to have every single Match)
Mercury's Treads OR Ninja Tabi
Force of Nature
( Eleisa's Miracle if you going for the Ninja Tabi)
Explaination: These items give pretty much everything Irelia needs (Movement, HP/5 reg, Magic Resist, Dodge and Armor, Tenacity and a serious Burst)