Taric Build Guide by KotSBereP
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hello all, and thanks for taking the time to read this :) As an AD carry player, it is strange that one of my favorite champions in the game is a support. Personally, I am not that big of a fan of supporting, so when I cannot carry, I play junglers. While this build is nothing new in terms of originality, it allows you to get his support items much quicker than you would if he was supporting.
+ Amazing mana and hp sustain
+ Decent ganks with stun, heal for ally
+ Lots of armor for jungling
+ Shatter reduces jungle creeps armor
+ Relatively slow jungle clear
+ First clear MAY leave low health
+ Susceptible to counter jungling
+ Your role may overlap with the support
Hello all, thanks for taking the time to view this. This is my first attempt at a guide so please give me ANY criticism you can!
Okay, so for starters you may be wondering why Taric for the jungle:
Taric, while not having the best clear time, is in my opinion, a very viable option for the jungle. His passive Gemcraft allows for him to have almost infinite sustain in the jungle when paired with Imbue. I would argue that he is very similar to some champs in term of utility, such as Maokai so it comes down to preference. If you are a support player who has to jungle in a solo queue game, you could pick Taric because you want to play someone familiar.
Explanation: I chose 0/9/21 for a variety or reasons. Taric has no offensive capabilities (with this build) so no points in offense are needed. The 9 points in defense are the bare minimum to survive the jungle. Taric is a utility tank, so putting points there make sense to me. He is naturally tanky, so no need to spec far into defense. I have seen TheOddOne run heavy support masteries on Nunu on stream before. Same idea here.
- 10 gold for using smite Extra gold when using smite? Yes, please!
- 6 armor 6 extra armor is always nice in the jungle. Especially with Shatter on cooldown.
- Scaling hp/lvl 6-108 Health per level 108 at level 18. I am a fan of high health.
- +30 flat hp The extra health in the jungle is nice. Personal preference
Alternatives: iintoi iwithi or
Rather than speccing to the +30 health from Veteran's Scars you may choose Tough Skin and Bladed Armor . This does speed your jungle up by a little bit too, but the extra health from Veteran's Scars is for ganking. Personal choice, both work.
Since you are not speccing in to Veteran's Scars , you need just two points in the second tier to unlock Bladed Armor (plus two points in Tough Skin ,) so you have a choice of putting 2 points into Vigor or Durability . The result is either 54 health at level 18 or 2 hp/5 regen. The choice also depends on your opener. If you open my regen opener, you won't need the extra regen, but if you chose to open boots or cloth, the extra regen is nice, even though it isn't alot.
- Flash cooldown -15seconds The game is balanced around flash. Having it up 15 seconds faster is worth it.
- Scaling mana/lvl 12-216 Extra late game mana is nice. Since no ad is built, only your base amount scaling will affect Gemcraft
- 4% Movespeed One of the most valuable, and hardest stats to itemize. +12.6, +14.6(base), +15.4 extra by boot level.
- 2 gold/10 seconds Taking these on all tank jungle's lately. philosopher's stone, Heart of Gold, Greater Quintessence of Gold, and Greed total 15 gold per 10.
- 20% increased neutral buff duration Increases crest of the ancient golem and blessing of the lizard elder from 2:30 to 3:00. Does not affect exalted with baron nashor
- 5% extra experience gained Benefits all junglers. More so for "gank" junglers than "carry" junglers. Awareness plus the 15 gp/10 make up for slow initial clear, and more time spent ganking.
- 6% cooldown reduction Not alot, but it adds up. Need Intelligence to finish Mastermind .
- 15% Summoner Spell cooldown reduction Great 21st point. Reduced smite allow wraith to red with no down time. 15% reduced cooldown on flash is fantastic. Synergizes with Summoner's Insight .
Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Gold