Leona Build Guide by mGNewDivide
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
I'm sorry, but i pressed the publish-button, but i didn't want that, if someone tells me how i can delete it, i will be very appreciate
this is my first guide and I wrote it because everything I've found about playing Leona as a Jungler was: "No, not good". And now I'd like you to show you that it is goodafter all!
First a look at my runes:
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Quintessence of Armor
The spells of Leona have a long cooldown for jungling. But you need these spells for surviving, especially Eclipse . So I take Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction for lower cooldowns.
Leona is not that Champ with "tonnes of damage". But I need to kill the Blue Golem. That's why I take Greater Mark of Attack Damage for greater attack damage.
As a Jungler you need some armor, if you do not want to be "executed". So I take Greater Seal of Armor to get more armor.
Same reason as Greater Seal of Armor .
Now I will explain why i choosed this 0-9-21 Masteries.
- Summoners Resolve --> More gold
- Hardiness --> More armor
- Tough Skin --> You are the Jungler
- Durability --> More Health is always good
- Bladed Armor --> You are the Jungler ;)
- Summoners Insight --> I needed one point and I think it's better than Improved Recall or one point in Expanded Mind
- Good Hands --> I also prefer this skill over Expanded Mind
- Swiftness --> As a Jungler you need movement speed
- Greed --> Leona cant get a huge farm in Jungle, so you do need this gold per second.
- Runic Affinity --> Longer buffs mean more bonuses
- Awareness --> Leona doesn't deal "tonnes of damage". But with this bonus she can gain more experience although she doesn't kill every monster
- Intelligence --> Same reason as Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
--> Lower cooldown on Smite is always good for a Jungler
- Cloth Armor --> Some armor for the monsters in Jungle
- Health Potion --> If your Health is less than 50%
- Boots of Speed --> I think it's not necessary to explain why you have to buy shoes!!
- Faerie Charm --> First step to Shurelya's Reverie and higher mana regeneration for casting more spells before using Mana Potion or Recall
- Boots of Mobility --> You need it for faster ganking
- Philosopher's Stone --> More gold per second and second step to Shurelya's Reverie
- Shurelya's Reverie --> This item is very usefull: At first you become more tanky by earning +330 Health and +30 Health regenerartion. Secondly you get 15% Cooldown Reduction. And at least you can run very fast with the UNIQUE Active: Nearby champions gain 40% movement speed for 3 seconds (60 second cooldown).
- Glacial Shroud --> More armor, mana, cooldown reduction and the first step to Frozen Heart
- Frozen Heart --> You become more tanky by gaining +99 armor. Your spells can be casted more often with +500 Mana and you earn 20% cooldown Reduction. And at least u slow your opponent.
- Heart of Gold --> More gold per second and first step to Randuin's Omen
- Randuin's Omen --> You become more tanky, the chance to slow your opponent when he hits you and spell to slow your enemies around you. All in all a good item for ganking by earning some good abilities for crowd control.
The following items are for dealing some damage. If you play good and feeding your allys the game has to be over after buying Randuin's Omen
- Nashor's Tooth --> I think this is a good item for Leona because you deal more damage with your spells, hitting your enemys more often because of more attack speed and cooldown Reduction
- Trinity Force --> An other hybrid Item to deal more damage plus the bonus of Sheen
Lets have a look at my Skill sequence
At level 1 I skill Shield of Daybreak to have a stun ready for the first gank and a bit damageouput. At level 2 I skill Zenith Blade, that I can get fast to the enemy and stun him with Shield of Daybreak after. Then I skill Eclipse to max Level, because you need the additional armor in Jungle. Next Skill is Zenith Blade to get lower cooldown, because you need it to engage a teamfight and to chase the surviving enemys after the teamfight. At least I skill Shield of Daybreak because in early game you only need the stun. I take Solar Flare every time I can, because you need the lower cooldown on it.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here. ;)