Kha'Zix General Guide by matt8404
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Hey guys. First off this is my first build on Mobafire. I've played all types of characters for Jungle ( Kha'Zix, Olaf, Xin Zhao, Master Yi) and Kha'Zix seems to be my best. I've done all kinds of research on him to find a good build. This is what I have come up with. Let me know what you guys think hope you like it.
Hall of Fame
If you guys have any screenshots using this build for jungling. Just let me know and I will add them to the guide. Thanks!
- Fury Gotta love that increase attack speed.
- Sorcery It's important to have the CDR that way you can have more sustain in jungle with Void Spike and faster clear times in jungle.
- Butcher Important for damage reduction by jungle creeps.
- Deadliness Yummm delicious AD.
- Weapon Expertise Reduction of Armor Penetration makes it easy for those lane ganks.
- Brute Force More of the precious AD
- Sunder More armor penetration making it easier to gank.
- Executioner Increased damage for targets below 50% health? Can't argue with that.
- Durability Gotta love that extra HP!
- Tough Skin More damage reduction from jungle creeps which will provide more jungle sustain.
- Hardiness I only put 1 point here just for the filler to get Veteran's Scars . But can't argue with the extra armor.
- Bladed Armor Dealing 6 damage to monster's that hit me heck yes!
- Veteran's Scars Yes 30 more HP!
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage As Kha'Zix you want to get all the extra attack damage you can get for faster jungle clear times. This will also increase the damage to your Leap and your Taste Their Fear
- Greater Seal of Armor These runes will help with some of the squishiness Kha'Zix has. A must for most junglers.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist Again this will help with a lot of the AP casters. I've also heard Glyph of Cooldown Reduction is also decent but haven't tried it out.
Other rune choices
- Greater Mark of Armor Penetration is a decent rune choice for increasing your damage on enemy champions. I personally haven't tried it out but I hear is another possible rune choice.
- Glyph of Cooldown Reduction I hear is another choice to help spam Kha'Zix abilities such as Void Spike and Taste Their Fear
- Unseen Threat It's important to have this up on enemy champs as much as possible. This will seperate good Kha'Zix players from bad ones.
- Taste Their Fear Good ability just not what you need for jungling right off the start.
- Void Spike This is your money maker right here. It provides AOE damage and health regeneration. Exactly what Kha'zix needs for jungling.
- Leap Such an amazing ability for initiating and escaping.
- Void Assault Such a unique ultimate in League of Legends. It lets you evolve any one of your skills which makes Kha'Zix such a fun champion to play.
Evolving Skill Order
Now you're probably wondering to yourself Matt8404 what skills do I evolve to be a good Kha'zix jungler? Well here's the answer... In my opinion I evolve Void Spike first for multiple reasons. AOE damage and slowing effect. With all the AOE damage it's just amazing and makes it easy for ganks due to the slowing effect on champions. Next I evolve Leap. It's great for closing the gap on enemy and is great for an initiator. Plus no cooldown if you get a kill or an assist? Who can argue with that. Now for your third evolve I typically go Void Assault just for the increase in stealth and damage reduction. That alone makes it great for taking on multiple champions at the same time. Now I know people are going to argue why not evolve Taste Their Fear? Well in my opinion it's a good skill but with all the damage items you're going to have I feel that there are much better options to evolve.
People say Taste Their Fear is a top priority for evolving. I disagree though. I have tested it and it just doesn't have the clear times that Kha'Zix needs for jungles and creep clearing abilities when you want to start attacking an enemy turret.
- - Standard start for any jungler.
- - Amazing item! Helps with clearing jungle faster and helps with mana issues that Kha'Zix may have. I get this along with my on my first trip back.
- - Great early game item for the CDR and increased damage.
- - This is when the enemy champs should start to fear you if they haven't already. Your damage increase will definitely be noticeable.
- - Helps with that pesty CC and will reduce damage from AP casters.
- - Important for Kha'Zix due to the life steal and increase in AD.
- - By now your enemies will more than likely be using armor items for defense or their tank is starting to get well more tanky lol. This item will help rip through enemy champs like nobody's business.
- - Increase HP to help you survive
- - Increased armor and damage per second to the enemy you gotta love it!
- - I get these two items for multiple reasons. Increase in mana and cooldown reduction. This will allow you for more kickassery.
- - By this point the game usually ends for me but if you do build these items this will allow just more damage output by Kha'Zix
Creeping / Jungling
After getting your Hunter's Machete and 5 Health Potion have your team help leash blue buff. Then once blue is down head to wolves. You want to use your Void Spike as often as possible just for the health regeneration. From there go to wraith's then mini golem. After mini golem is down head for red buff. Once you have both buff's check on your lane's for a possible gank if not keep farming those jungle creeps. Just head back and continue the order. Try to get up to about 750 gold so you can get your Spirit Stone and Boots of Speed. From there continue to farm and check on your lanes for a gank. Everytime your buffs are up make sure to get them. Buffs are important for Kha'Zix for the CDR and increased damage.