Utility Jungle Mordekaiser
Early Game Items
Full Build Example 1
Threats to Mordekaiser with this build
|Shaco||He can get annoying, 1v1 him if you're level higher than him, it's okay. But be careful with his surprise bckstabs|
|Olaf||Olaf is a bit hard to 1v1, so be careful with his counter jungle as well.|
• This build provides you a lot of utility and tankness, the damage is just a complement. Focus, obviously, on getting the drag and ulting the enemy Tank or AD Carry.
Pros / Cons
- Good sustain on jungle clearing.
- Acceptable damage, good supporting
- Acceptable ganking.
- Not so good movement speed
- Slow jungle clearing.
- Takes a little while to get tank.
• On Jungle Clearing I usually go.
- Blue (Lv2) » Gromp » Wolves (Lv3) » (Gank) / Red » Red / (Gank) » Base
- Red (Lv2) » Raptors » Wolves (Lv3) » Blue / (Gank) » (Gank) / Blue » Base
Hunter's Talisman : Even thought he doesn't use mana, this item heals him 25 health (5secs cooldown), so it helps a lot on the early jungle clearing.
Refillable Potion : You can either go this or Health Potion(x3), but since Mordekaiser doesn't loose much health on jungle, Refillable is better.s
Warding Totem : Once you get the Tracker's Knife you can switch it to the Sweeping Lens/ Oracle Alteration instead. Except if you don't go support.
Hunter's Potion : I don't pick that much but if you want, you can. It allows you to stay more in the jungle and avoid some recalls.
Early Game Items:
Tracker's Knife : Since I mostly go full utility on Mordekaiser jungle, I get this with Sweeping Lens, to better vision and clearing the enemy's vision.
Jaurim's Fist : Get it to stack your Health bonus, also helps with damage.
Boots : Get a boot as fast as you can, Mordekaiser is really slow, so it is better if you upgrade your boot to Boots of Swiftness or Boots of Mobility.
• Get Giant's Belt or Bami's Cinder, you get Bami's in case you really wants to finish the Enchantment: Cinderhulk already, but it's not really necessary if you have gold to start Rylai's Crystal Scepter.
Why Enchantment: Cinderhulk and not Enchantment: Runic Echoes ?
• Well, it's up to you to decide you want to get more Tank or more Damage dealer on the early game. Since Mord have a really good early game damage with no damage items at all, Enchantment: Runic Echoes makes him gets bigger slowly, instead.
• You may lack Health if you decide for the second option, but instead, if you go Enchantment: Cinderhulk you may not feel like squishy or lacking health. (Which's also good for your passive Iron Man).
Sterak's Gage : You get Sterak's because of two reasons; the item's passive and the health. The damage is also good, but it's not what you really focus when you're building Jaurim's Fist, for example.
• Having a shield after a huge damage can prevents Mordekaiser from dying quickly, even thought he will get really tank if you get Rylai's Crystal Scepter right after.
Rylai's Crystal Scepter : You get Rilay's not just because of the damage, you get mainly because of the Health provided and the Slow CC on every ability, plus the slow also procs with your W Harvesters of Sorrow, which gives a incredible cc to you and your ally.
At all, I can see only viable these three boots on Mordekaiser :
Boots of Swiftness : It gots to be the most recommended one because of his lack of Movement Speed, that's why is good to you to get mov. speed quints instead of any other.
Boots of Mobility : It's also good but doesn't give you Slow resist, as Boots of Swiftness does. It's good for roaming tho.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity : Only helps with the cooldowns, since it doesn't give you as much mov. speed, but it can be good if you have a good follow up comp, such as Sivir, Kled, Nami or Karma, for example.
For the Runes I would recommend:
• As I told, Mordekaiser really lacks movement speed, so it's good to you to have those, even if you go top lane.
• Other possible substitute, if you don't want to go mov. speed, is Ability Power Quints, but then it will lacks movement speed if you don't build any other mov. speed items despite the boots, such as: Luden's Echo ( Enchantment: Runic Echoes), Lich Bane, Trinity Force ...
• Flat attack speed helps the jungle clearing, if you think you can do without it, you can also try Greater Marks of Hybrid Penetration, or Magic Penetration instead.
• Flat health wouldn't work as well as Scaling Health, which gives you 215 health on Level 18, instead of quickly 72 at the early game. Much worth. A possible substitute could be flat health seals or Greater Seals of Armor (flat armor) if you don't have those.
• As this build wouldn't provide you any Cooldowns at all, getting this Glyphs will help a real lot, if you get Trinity Force, for example, you get nearly 35% cdr at Level 18.
Guardian Angel's Synergy
• The actual season, and the previous one too, as well, have been focusing the Guardian Angel after the first or second Tank item.
• To be honest, I almost always aim for the GA's after the main items, since it gives me a lot of armor and magic resistance, plus the Sterak's Gage passive, the health provided from it and from Rylai's Crystal Scepter. It makes Mordekaiser pretty tank, without need of building any other pure Defensive item, such as Randuin's Omen or Dead Man's Plate, for example, but you can also get them, of course.
• I've been testing this build by the ending of the previous Season, Season 6. Based on the actual meta Olaf build, since it works a lot the same way, the difference is that Olaf has more follow up.
• I've been playing him that way since then and testing new stuff within this build, but I got mostly stick to the mains items I provided, they work really well in most of the situations.
• Also, not only to Mordekaiser jungle but many other junglers can make use of this rune page. So make sure you have this utility rune page on one of your pages.
• Any comments, questions or anything, please leave it bellow, or contact me @YoureeGhostly