Nunu Build Guide by BlackStaff Naxen
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
An Icy Introduction
Hello and welcome to my second guide on Mobafire and hopeful you guys enjoy this as much as I did making it :) Well with this guide I will explain my favorite style of Nunu Lane Heavy AP.
Pros / Cons of a Yeti
+Good Harassment with Ice Blast
+Self Heals with Consume
+Able to increase teammates speed with Blood Boil
-Can have troubles escaping CC
-Mana Problems early game
-really slow early game
Masteries for the Ice beast
The main Reason I picked a Offense, Defensive because you will be able to live for longer periods of time while being able to kill your opponents easily as well
Do Frozen Runes still Work?
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Scaling Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
- Now off to Seals for this Greater Seal of Replishment is an excellent chose because of his early game mana problems that need to be taken care of by a little bit of attack speed to get his passive to work more often.
- for your Greater Glyph of Force is a great idea since you will be able to have really great ability power by the time you hit level 18 so you will be a ahead of the game with each level.
- Now off to my Greater Quintessence of Potency the reason for this too simply increase your damage isn't that enough said. And using a quintessence for CD Reduction is absolutely stupid.
Summoners Spells um....Can my Yeti use them?
- With Ignite will be a great idea since you can finish off your opponents really game swiftly and get some guaranteed kills later.
||- off to Flash now without this you might have a bit of trouble not becoming first blood, but once Nunu hits level 10 this should be used more offensively instead since you should be more stable in defense at that point.
||- With Teleport will allow Nunu to be able to go flying across the map to help push get a free kill or just defend a turret so your team can have a good defensive base even when your playing an offensive game.|
- With Ghost it can be used ok but if you just keep blood boil up at all times this is almost the most useless spell possible.
||- Now to Exhaust is fine since it will slow but not very effective because your Ice Blast will keep them slowed long enough that this isn't the best idea.
||- With Clarity is a fine summoner spell but with Nunu all you need is a bit of extra attack Speed and your golden.|
- You can already Heal yourself with Consume so this is a horrible spell choose
||- Don't even bother taking this your a troll if you think this is even ok for Nunu.
- with Cleanse for Nunu you are crazy because even if he gets CC'd you can just catch up without a problem with Flash or Blood Boil.
|- You are the biggest troll I have ever seen if you use Smite for lane Nunu I just mean really.
- uh..... just no just no I think linking this explains it all Fortify.
|- your no AD Champion so this is not even an option for Nunu.
- Clairvoyance leave this to your support to be able to your team to when a gank in jungle is ready.
Abilities of a Yeti!
-(Innate): After 7 autoattacks, Nunu's next spell will have no cost.
to make your passive the most effective as possible I usually go with some items that have attack speed on it be able to use more abilities for less mana
-(Active): Nunu's Yeti takes a bite out of target enemy minion or neutral monster, dealing true damage to it and restoring Nunu's health.
Cost: 60 mana
Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 seconds
True Damage: 400 / 525 / 650 / 775 / 900
Health Restored: 125 / 180 / 235 / 290 / 345 (+1.0 per ability power)
With is you best friend for getting your health back and a good trick for free gold if used correctly.
-(Active): Invigorates an allied unit by heating their blood, increasing their attack speed and movement speed for 15 seconds. If cast on an ally, Nunu also gains the effect of Blood Boil.
Cost: 50 mana
Cooldown: 15 seconds
Attack Speed: 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65 %
Movement Speed: 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 %
With this make sure you always target the other person in your lane with this or just do Alt-W to be able to auto target if there not there at that moment.
-(Active): Nunu throws a ball of ice at an enemy unit, dealing magic damage and slowing their movement speed by a percentage and attack speed by 25% for 4 seconds.
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Cost: 75 / 85 / 95 / 105 / 115 mana
Magic Damage: 85 / 130 / 175 / 225 / 275 (+1.0 per ability power)
Slow: 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 %
With this is your main harassment, but it is also very high mana cost which means its a great idea to use this with Visionary when ever you can to save mana.
-(Active): Nunu starts channeling and begins to sap a large area around him of heat, slowing all nearby enemies movement speed by 50% and attack speed by 25%. After channeling for 3 seconds, he deals massive damage to all enemies caught in the area. It can be canceled early for less damage.
Cost: 150 mana
Radius of AoE: 575
Cooldown: 150 / 120 / 90 seconds
Magic Damage: 625 / 875 / 1125 (+2.5 per ability power)
With this spell is your strongest, but also your most risky because if you go up against a champion with a stun make sure they have wasted that stun before using this spell or you have just wasted your ult.
This the best style of going with all of your harassment, Heals, and Speed Bonuses, and Keeping your ult to the best.
uh....My Items Are Frozen in Blocks of Ice
-Doran's Ring this is a great item for Nunu without this I at the start I've never been able to not become first blood.
First time Back
,- with getting these items next I can be able to allow my Blood Boil to get the rest of my bonus speed and also having even greater mana regen ability power and health.
Second Time back
- with this you will always have the advantage in about any fight with being able to survive easily.
- With Deathfire Grasp will allow you to finish off you opponents with a lot faster capability of doing so, which makes being in a 1v2 situation really easy.
||- With Lich Bane I love having this item so I can deal crazy amounts of damage to my opponents equal to my ability power which is usually over 400 by the time I get this item.|
- with getting the Ionian Boots of Lucidity will allow even greater CD reduction to get you very close to CD reduction capped.
||-with the Mercury's Treads you will be able to keep good magic resist and you will be less prone to CC's.
||- now off the the Sorcerer's Shoes which will give you more magic penetration if you are in need of dealing greater damage.
||- with the Boots of Mobility will allow you to move around the map at a lot faster pace I usually take these if I'm going to be needed warding the map.|
- Rod of Ages is a great item to be able to have good health and mana and with levels you get a nice amount of it back so you don't have to worry about health at all and not as much with your mana.
- Banshee's Veil is a good idea if your having problems with the enemy team always taking the upper hand of you and need a way to get around some of the abilities they will throw at you.
- with the Rabadon's Deathcap you will have some great ability power advantages since you will have a bonus 40% ability power for every point![/columns]
- Guinsoo's Rageblade with this item you will be able to get some attack Speed into the set up and now you know why I would not stop talking about Attack Speed well here the item that will allow you to fix all of that.
- Hextech Gunblade with this item you will be able to keep up your health a lot easier and more manageable.
- Zhonya's Hourglass with this item will allow you to have a greater protection if your having problems with AD champions in the lane.
- Void Staff if your dealing with the enemy team to have alot of magic resist I would pick this up to help solve that problem.
- Abyssal Scepter with this item you will be able to have some good magic resist while reducing the enemy teams magic resist if your up against a good amount of there team that is AP and also be a good idea in any team fight.
Early Game Nunu(Mid 1v1)
||Now for the mid situation for early game. Every three levels when I am in mid I usually go ahead and buy one mana pot to help out with keeping my mana up and still being able to push them back and achieve easy kills.
Early Game Nunu(BoT2v2)
||When ever you are in the Bot situation. It is a great idea to get one or 2 mana Pots to be able to keep using your abilities wisely and remember that Ice Blast can be your best friend, while Blood Boil can save your teammates life.
Early Game Nunu(Top1v1)
||If some how you are the best option for your team to be the solo top. Go for it your better than that Jax you might be going against. Remember to always use Ice Blast when your Visionary is up so your not wasting a lot of mana for a harassing the enemy champion.
Early Game Nunu(Top 1v2)
||With this situation at top. Make sure to always place Defensively and go for ganking when ever you got your Deathfire's Grasp ready to go plus Ice Blast to make sure you are well set up for the attack. Remember don't forget to get some early game mana pots to keep your mana up.
Finishing up for the Winter
Thank you for viewing and reading my Nunu build I wish it will be as good as my normal games go with major kills in every lane. Remember to Vote and tell me how I did.