Lee Sin Build Guide by Mmmmoooooooo
Not Updated For Current Season
Lee Sin Build
Not Updated For Current Season
- Lee Sin has become my favorite jungler in the game right now because of his unique kit. Even though he's fallen from his complete dominance over a game, he's still a remarkably strong jungler. He's quickly become my main and a properly played Lee Sin will result in every lane snowballing.
-I'm also lazy as hell, so I'll post a quick explanation for everything instead of going super indepth. I'll probably elaborate more on gameplay mechanics, but I've pretty much put all my effort into explaining builds.
K I HAVE TO:
-add photos and videos
-clean stuff up
-show more little things that make or break a lee.
-Start off with Boots of Speed and Health Potions. If you're going to go counterjungling and invading a lot, start off with Cloth Armor and Health Potions. You might want to go Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed or have a Janna on your team since you want to be able to get away fast and often.
-Stack Doran's Blades if your team is sort of tanky/you need damage immediately. Doran's Blades give you very cheap and early power, health, and sustain. If the game is going by at a slower pace, then go Wriggle's Lantern. If you go solely for early-game power and hope to snowball the game to victory, take both of them. *THIS IS RISKY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT SECURED LATE-GAME AND DORANS AND WRIGGLES DELAYS BIG ITEMS*
-Since you're very mobile, take tier 2 boots when you can/if opponents are slippery/you need the secondary effect. If the team has a lot of cc (like Fiddlesticks) then get Mercury's Treads. If they have a lot of physical damage and their AP carry isn't doing well (or if they have Talon or Pantheon mid)get Ninja Tabi. Ionian Boots of Lucidity are OK since Lee Sin does well with CDR, but it's not optimal.
-Getting an early The Brutalizer is also good. I get this most of the time since it gives a little bit of everything. Again, get this if you want more early-game power and want to snowball a game. I GET THIS MOST OF THE TIME NOW SINCE IT'S CHEAP AND DOES TONS OF DAMAGE EARLY ON. *sell this later
-If you're team needs an aura because you are in teamfights (contesting dragon, diving and whatnot), then get Aegis of the Legion unless your support gets it. Aegis of the Legion is a very underrated item since it gives a little bit of every tank stat, and gives some AD. It gives a very good aura and it is cheap relative to its stats. If you aren't in many skirmishes, or need damage quickly, then leave your support to get this.*IGNORE IF SUPPORT GETS THIS.
-If the AP is doing well, or they have strong burst/is a Karthus, then buy Hexdrinker. Or if you went Ninja Tabi, get this too.
- Phage is a good item if your lanes don't have a lot of CC to follow up on a gank. However, upgrading to Frozen Mallet is situational. Upgrading to a Trinity Force is a good option if your roflstomping. If all your lanes have little CC, then upgrade the Phage depending on what you need. (if you go Frozen Mallet then don't go Warmog's Armor. If you go Trinity Force or buy it for a last item, get Warmog's Armor.
-Get The Bloodthirster if you need damage. If you are dying too quickly, or need tankiness, start Warmog's Armor unless you built Frozen Mallet/ Phage. Buy a Giant's Belt and if you need tankiness, finish the Warmog's Armor/ Frozen Mallet. If the enemy AP is doing very well, upgrade the Hexdrinker to Maw of Malmortius. If you need armor, get Atma's Impaler.
-Getting a Last Whisper is good if they stack armor. You want to get this after a tank item.
-Your final item (if you didn't buy Aegis of the Legion or skipped another item for whatever reason or sold your Wriggle's Lantern, then get any heavy defensive item. Guardian Angel is very good. Force of Nature or Randuin's Omen is also very strong.
A FINAL BUILD COULD LOOK SOMETHING LIKE THIS
HEAVY AP- , , OR , , OR OR . (PICK 2)
HEAVY AD- / , OR , , , OR OR (PICK 2)
RELATIVELY BALANCED- , OR , , OR OR (PICK 2 DEPENDING ON WHO'S DOING WELL) OR OR OR *IF YOU DIDN'T GET THIS FOR OFFENSE*,
TL;DR- Items are incredibly situational. You can't build the same thing for every game.
-Get Aegis of the Legion if your support doesn't get it.
-If your team needs more damage, then build damage items. (your Last Whispers, The Bloodthirster, Maw of Malmortius, etc.)
-If your team needs more CC, get Trinity Force if roflstomping, or you're in full carry mode, Randuin's Omen if no one else gets it, or Frozen Mallet.
-If your team needs tankiness, delay big damage items, and opt for either full tank items, or items that offer both tankiness and damage. ( Atma's Impaler, Maw of Malmortius, Warmog's Armor, Giant's Belt, Guardian Angel, Force of Nature, etc.)
-If your team needs both tankiness and damage, get items that offer both. ( Atma's Impaler or Maw of Malmortius depending on the main source of damage. If their both relatively equal, then get Maw of Malmortius unless you went an early Giant's Belt or Warmog's Armor/ Frozen Mallet.)
-Start Boots of Speed and Health Potions if against AP
-Start Cloth Armor and Health Potions if against AD.
-Start Doran's Blade if the enemy laner is weak and you need to stomp them early
*IF THEIR LIKE A TANK, A MIXTURE OF BOTH, OR IRELIA WHO USES TRUE DAMAGE, GO [boots of speed] IF THEY NEED TO CHASE YOU OR RELY ON SKILLSHOTS(like Volibear's chase). OTHERWISE, GO CLOTHx5.
-NEVER GET Wriggle's Lantern. IT'S BETTER TO WORK ON GUARDIAN'S ANGEL INSTEAD.
-Get 2x Doran's Blade if it's an even lane, or you have the advantage.
-Get Hexdrinker if your laning against someone with a lot of magic damage, or he's AP.
*Getting 2x Doran's Blade in addition to Hexdrinker is a good idea if you need to take some hits and want to trade well.
- IS VERY SITUATIONAL. IF YOU'RE TEAM NEEDS A CC, OR YOUR JUNGLER HAS LITTLE CC TO GANK FOR YOU, GET THIS. THIS DELAYS BIG ITEMS TOO MUCH AND HAVING AN EARLY The Bloodthirster IS INFINITELY TIMES BETTER. HOWEVER, UPGRADING THIS TO Trinity Force EARLY IS TYPICALLY A BAD IDEA UNLESS YOU'RE SUPERFED AND IN CARRY MODE. IT'S A GOOD 6TH ITEM. UPGRADING TO Frozen Mallet IS GOOD EXCEPT IF YOUR TEAMMATES GAIN A LOT OF CC LATER ON. (think Warwick, Skarner, Sona). In the event that you do have these teammates, either keep the Phage and don't upgrade it, or just sell it.
- The Brutalizer is a very strong early game item. It's really up to you if you want to try to snowball a game, since Youmuu's Ghostblade is a terrible item on almost everyone. Relatively strong item though. Never a bad choice.
- Aegis of the Legion is good if your support or jungler won't get it.
-upgrade to tier 2 boots. see previous jungle items for an explanation on what to buy
-Get The Bloodthirster, Warmog's Armor/ Giant's Belt, Maw of Malmortius, Guardian Angel, Force of Nature, Atma's Impaler, Trinity Force(AS A LAST ITEM IF YOU SOMEHOW GET THE $$$. SELL WRIGGLE'S OR UPGRADE PHAGE. SELLING AEGIS IS OK IN THE EXTREME LATE GAME) Randuin's Omen, or Last Whisper. SEE JUNGLE ITEMS FOR WHAT TO BUY AND WHEN.
-FOR JUNGLE LEE- ALWAYS MAX OUT YOUR Resonating Strike if you can land it. Otherwise, max out Tempest because you can't land your Q.
-FOR LANING LEE- Your skillset is highly situational. The reason for this is because you aren't going in a 2vs1 or fighting jungle creeps. Enemy champions will have different skillsets, so you adapt to this.
*Max out if the enemy relies on a lot of auto-attacks, and you don't need heavy burst to win trades/lane. (against Master Yi and Tryndamere to a degree.
*Max out if you need to sustain through heavy harass. GENERALLY MAX THIS AGAINST ANYONE BECAUSE Lee Sin SUSTAIN WITH MAX LEVEL Iron Will IS ******ED.(I'M LOOKING AT YOU Yorick.)
*Max out for heavy bullying. ( Nasus) or ****py lane opponents.
YOU TAKE NO MATTER WHAT UNLESS YOU'RE TOP LANE Lee Sin. NO EXCEPTIONS. YOU MUST TAKE THIS FOR JUNGLING.
-Your viable summoner spells are Exhaust, Smite, or Flash. Flash lets you flash Dragon's Rage an enemy back. (or you could just ward-dash), while Exhaust pretty much forces a Flash no matter what.
- -NOPE FOR JUNGLE LEE. TAKE THIS FOR LANE, NOT FOR JUNGLE
- -ONLY WITH Ignite(NOT OPTIMAL)
- - flash 40000x better, but i guess it's ok
- -NOPE. LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
- -WORKS ONLY WELL FOR PUSHING TEAM COMPS.
- / /anything else= STOP TROLLING. THIS IS JUNGLE LEE
-You take Exhaust if you're going to gank more often.
-You take Flash if you're going to counterjungle more and need to get out of sticky situations.
YOU GO + OR A + COMBO IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU WON'T BE GANKED MUCH AND NEED TO DESTROY THE ENEMY LANER. (FOR LANING OBVIOUSLY)
*OTHER SUMMONER SPELLS ARE NOT GOOD FOR JUNGLING. ALTHOUGH Ignite IS GOOD FOR TOP LANE, DON'T GET IT IN THE JUNGLE.
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Lethality
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Trinity Force or Atma's Impaler, switch the points from Lethality and Deadliness and put it into Sorcery and Butcher
-THIS MECHANIC IS SO IMPORTANT. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. This is basically where you drop a ward and use Iron Will onto it to create a gap, or to close distance. Also works great for jumping in front of an enemy to Dragon's Rage them back into your team.
*will add videos and pictures when I get off my lazy butt*
OTHER MECHANICS AND TRICKS
- Lee Sin IS ONE OF THE BEST CHAMPIONS TO STEAL STUFF FROM. SIMPLY Q, Q AGAIN, THEN AS YOU ARE IN MID-AIR, SMITE WHATEVER YOU WANT. (be it dragon or baron) For the map objectives, simply Q to get vision, then try to out-smite the enemy. (WORKS GREAT FOR CONTESTING A BLUE OR RED BUFF IF THEY WANT TO GIVE IT TO A LANER)
-If you start purple side, or are invading onto the purple side of the jungle, you can hit the blue wraith easily within their jungle by side stepping so you can land a Q.
*WILL ADD PHOTOS LATER*
-Lane ganking is a strong way to gank bottom lane, since the tribush/river bush will almost always be warded, but the lane bushes will not. Applies to top lane too.
*WILL ADD PHOTOS LATER*
-PLEASE DO NOT USE YOUR Q-R-Q COMBO WHEN THERE'S A SORAKA OR THEY HAVE EXHAUST OR HEAL. IT WILL NOT END WELL.
-ALSO KEEP A WARD ON YOU FOR THE ENTIRE TIME.
-Well this was my quick guide on jungling Lee Sin. Guides can only help so much, and you'll learn much more from just playing. Personally, I like jungle lee better since Lee Sin has that ridiculous nuke.
IF YOU LIKED THIS GUIDE, PLEASE UPVOTE IT. IT WOULD MAKE MY DAY. (not really, but I still like the upvotes :3)